endometroid adenocarcinoma

Hi everyone,
Anybody out there that had uterus(endometrial adenocarcinoma... stage IV.. grade III.
took Taxol/Carboplatin... that did not work.....also took some radiotherapy externally to the pelvic section for the left over tumor after complete hysterectomy.

Need advice, what to do.. My Drs. are dropping me.. sending me over to a University Hospital..(research Center) whch is good... BUT any feedback from you friends...
Only took X3 the chemo regimen.. that is all...and 15 times (3000 units) of Radiotherapy to the pelvic section including vagina ..
thank you

Comments

• The easiest way to ...
    Dear Ararat,

The easiest way to locate other CSN members with similar experiences is to type keywords (such as "endometrial adenocarcinoma," "stage 4 uterine," "radiation therapy," etc.) on the search bar at the top of the home page. You can refine your search by clicking on the “Advance search” link listed underneath the search field. The major categories of content on CSN are blogs, discussion boards, “About Me” pages, etc. For example, if you are looking for a specific resource on the Resource Library, you can limit your search to resources only by clicking on the "resource" and "advanced search" button at the bottom of the "advanced search" box. Remember that you must be logged on if you want to post anything on a discussion boards, view personal pages, use the chat room, etc.

Cordially,
    Your CSN Staff
  • cathyK
    cathyK Member Posts: 93
    endometriod adenocarcinoma
    hello
    well I am not sure If I can help or not I have endometrial cancer stage 4b grade 3 and took Taxol cysplatin, andromisin, (sp) 6 rounds , that is it. ended oct 27 09 , still no sign of cancer , thank God, but doc says most of the time it will recur , not ALL the time just most, so gives me a ray of hope there,
    my docs are optomistic but not testing me much other than ca 125 which they are not sure is regersting as my first doc did not do ca 125 before operation, any how any questions or if I can help in any way , just ask
    cathy k
  • tears2overcome
    tears2overcome Member Posts: 98
    endremtrial cancer
    I was diagnosed with uterine cancer in December 09. Had surgery Jan 4th, when they went in to take out the baby oven, found cells on my appendix and took that out too. I started same treatment as yourself, and only 6x they tell me, i have 5 to go. I was told that I have a light dusting of cells that need to be destroyed in my stomach area, and this should do it they tell me. I do not have to have radiation, and I feel blessed. I take a shot day after treatment called nuelasta am sure you know what this is. I had terrible side effects from this shot. I am new to all this of course and starting to lose my hair, having the worst time ever with it.
  • kkstef
    kkstef Member Posts: 688 Member

endremtrial cancer
    I was diagnosed with uterine cancer in December 09. Had surgery Jan 4th, when they went in to take out the baby oven, found cells on my appendix and took that out too. I started same treatment as yourself, and only 6x they tell me, i have 5 to go. I was told that I have a light dusting of cells that need to be destroyed in my stomach area, and this should do it they tell me. I do not have to have radiation, and I feel blessed. I take a shot day after treatment called nuelasta am sure you know what this is. I had terrible side effects from this shot. I am new to all this of course and starting to lose my hair, having the worst time ever with it.

Endometrial Cancer
    If you haven't already, you might want to check out the Uterine Cancer section on the list of discussion groups. A great bunch of women who have lots of experience and so willing to share whatever they know!!

Best wishes to you as you continue your journey!

Karen