Surgery and pathology done!

Options
june4
june4 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Thank you for all of the prayers and good thoughts. My bi-lateral mastectomy was completed on 2/24! It took 5 hours and I spent the night in the hospital. I can't wait to get these tubes out! Surgeon called last night and said they got everything. Only the sentinal node had cancer cells. Woo Hoo! So, I'm at Stage 2 IDC. Tumor ended up being 2.5 cm.

It feels good to have finally done something to get rid of the cancer. I see my oncologist again next week. Need a port put in and an echo before the chemo can get started.

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    June, that is wonderful
    June, that is wonderful news. The beast is gone!!! Now, just rest and recuperate so you can complete your surgery with chemo. The drains will be out soon enough but for now let them do their job. Enjoy your good news and continue to update us. Way to go!!!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

June, that is wonderful
    June, that is wonderful news. The beast is gone!!! Now, just rest and recuperate so you can complete your surgery with chemo. The drains will be out soon enough but for now let them do their job. Enjoy your good news and continue to update us. Way to go!!!

Good news! Wishing you the
    Good news! Wishing you the best of luck!

Hugs, Angie
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Glad to Hear It
    Glad to hear it. Wishing you the best on your rounds of chemo.

P
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Surgery...
    ... for many (not all) of us is a huge first step. Good to have it behind you, with a plan in front.

Take very good care of yourself. Best wishes for healing and continued recovery from surgery.

Kind regards, Susan
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options

Surgery...
    ... for many (not all) of us is a huge first step. Good to have it behind you, with a plan in front.

Take very good care of yourself. Best wishes for healing and continued recovery from surgery.

Kind regards, Susan

Glad your surgery is behind
    Glad your surgery is behind you now! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hugs, Debby