I need help!! Please

captainswifey
captainswifey Member Posts: 14
Im a 25 yr old mother of two and I have Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Im asking if anyone was still able to take care of their kds while on treatments. I have to do 12 treatments in 6 months and Im scared I wont be able to take care of my babies they are my world. And with my husband in the Army we are far away from family. Any help will be grateful thanks

Comments

• Tracie1981
    Tracie1981 Member Posts: 125
    Hi
    I'm also new to this, I'm 29 years old and recently diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma, my hubby is a marine and we are stationed away also. Its been rough so far, i have 4 kids, recently a 1 month old when i was diagnosed after pregnancy. I know its not going to be easy but there are wonderful support systems i have heard out there to help out mothers going through this. Goodluck and God bless you and your family!
  • captainswifey

Hi
    I'm also new to this, I'm 29 years old and recently diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma, my hubby is a marine and we are stationed away also. Its been rough so far, i have 4 kids, recently a 1 month old when i was diagnosed after pregnancy. I know its not going to be easy but there are wonderful support systems i have heard out there to help out mothers going through this. Goodluck and God bless you and your family!

Thank you. Good luck and
    Thank you. Good luck and bless you and your family!!
  • cathyp
    cathyp Member Posts: 376 Member
    Thinking of you
    I had my reoccurence for HD while I pregnant w/my first daughter, 16 yrs ago. I was 34. By the time it was diagnosed, my daughter was 6 mos old. I was able to take care of her just as if nothing was wrong. I just felt a little under the weather a few days after each chemo. I know you are worried about so many different things. Try to take a day at a time and hopefully before you know it, your treatments will be over.

Cathy
  • captainswifey
    cathyp said:

Thinking of you
    I had my reoccurence for HD while I pregnant w/my first daughter, 16 yrs ago. I was 34. By the time it was diagnosed, my daughter was 6 mos old. I was able to take care of her just as if nothing was wrong. I just felt a little under the weather a few days after each chemo. I know you are worried about so many different things. Try to take a day at a time and hopefully before you know it, your treatments will be over.

Cathy

Hi
    Thank you that makes me feel better. Sometime people just to hear it from someone who is or did go throw it. Thank you again.
    Jackie
  • captainswifey

Hi
    Thank you that makes me feel better. Sometime people just to hear it from someone who is or did go throw it. Thank you again.
    Jackie

Day one down
    Day one so far so good!! YAAY!!!
  • cathyp
    cathyp Member Posts: 376 Member

Day one down
    Day one so far so good!! YAAY!!!

Excellent!!!
    Glad to hear that!
  • Tracie1981
    Tracie1981 Member Posts: 125
    cathyp said:

Excellent!!!
    Glad to hear that!

Woo hoo
    Congrats on day one!!! Goodluck with the rest sweetie! God Bless!