First Chemo went really well

Cloud_Lover
Cloud_Lover Member Posts: 20
Hi All,

My first Chemo with Taxol/CarboPlasin went well. Start to finish it was 6 1/2 hours, good thing I took lots of Video, snacks, blanket, and my Ladybug plush bug to stroke. My husband stayed the whole time, it's no wonder I love him so much. I drank 6 bottles of water, had to get up to pee a lot but I think it helped my system flush.

I had a lot of energy today, think the steroids has still kicking in, taking advantage of them while they last. Went for my walk first thing, and did some shopping. I took 3 stool softeners before I got things working again, my usual time is am so I was starting to worry.

Thank you for all the good suggestions and support.

Ruth

Comments

• norma2
    norma2 Member Posts: 479
    Glad it went well for you
    Dear Ruth,
    Glad your chemo went well. I like the idea of the Ladybug plush bug to stroke. I had my taxol/carbol on Mon and the steroids are still kicking in. Wish the Zofran was not so constipating. I am popping stool softeners like crazy. I think I won't take a Zofran today and maybe will get some relief. And I am going to get some nice old-fashioned prune juice and drink a warm glass before bedtime. This chemo doesn't seem to make me as nauseated as the cisplatin I took during radiation.

I hope your day goes well. Thinking of you. Norma
  • TiggersDoBounce
    TiggersDoBounce Member Posts: 408
    norma2 said:

Glad it went well for you
    Dear Ruth,
    Glad your chemo went well. I like the idea of the Ladybug plush bug to stroke. I had my taxol/carbol on Mon and the steroids are still kicking in. Wish the Zofran was not so constipating. I am popping stool softeners like crazy. I think I won't take a Zofran today and maybe will get some relief. And I am going to get some nice old-fashioned prune juice and drink a warm glass before bedtime. This chemo doesn't seem to make me as nauseated as the cisplatin I took during radiation.

I hope your day goes well. Thinking of you. Norma

Chemo
    Ruth,

Glad the first treatment went so smoothly...hang in..

Norma, thanks for posting....I am happy to hear someone who is doing the Carbo/Taxol after the Cisplatin. I will be getting Chemo on Monday...with the Carbo/Taxol after my last round with the Cisplatin. Waiting to hear from someone there is not a bad difference in effects from one to the other...

Hang in and keep pooping :0

Laurie
  • norma2

Chemo
    Ruth,

Glad the first treatment went so smoothly...hang in..

Norma, thanks for posting....I am happy to hear someone who is doing the Carbo/Taxol after the Cisplatin. I will be getting Chemo on Monday...with the Carbo/Taxol after my last round with the Cisplatin. Waiting to hear from someone there is not a bad difference in effects from one to the other...

Hang in and keep pooping :0

Laurie

thanks Laurie
    Make sure and ask when you can start taking the nausea med after your first cisplatin. I thought you were supposed to take it after the nausea began and I got very sick the first chemo. I learned to take the Zofran about 8 hrs after the dose given with the chemo. It worked out to be at bedtime for me. Then every 8 hrs after for several days. Also make sure and get a stool softener and start taking it the day before the chemo and the nausea med. Wish someone had told me that in the beginning. Of course, follow your doctor's advise on all meds. These are only what worked for me. If you are getting abdominal radiation with the cisplatin you probably won't need the stool softener very long.

Hoping for all of us to have as few side-effects as possible. Hang in there is right!!
  • Cloud_Lover
    Finally a face with the name
    My husband and I went to the beach today, he took my photo with new look and hat. It was a windy day and it stayed in place.
  • Cloud_Lover
    norma2 said:

thanks Laurie
    Make sure and ask when you can start taking the nausea med after your first cisplatin. I thought you were supposed to take it after the nausea began and I got very sick the first chemo. I learned to take the Zofran about 8 hrs after the dose given with the chemo. It worked out to be at bedtime for me. Then every 8 hrs after for several days. Also make sure and get a stool softener and start taking it the day before the chemo and the nausea med. Wish someone had told me that in the beginning. Of course, follow your doctor's advise on all meds. These are only what worked for me. If you are getting abdominal radiation with the cisplatin you probably won't need the stool softener very long.

Hoping for all of us to have as few side-effects as possible. Hang in there is right!!

I've taken my nausea meds faithfully
    I have taken my nausea meds round the clock. I believe I started the next morning after my treatment. It has worked really well.
    I did have joint pain day three, finally got it under control by taking my pain med norco, using a heating pad, and applying a Triflora Arthritis Gel. I've used the gel before, it works with normal stiffness in my knees and helped this time too.
  • Cloud_Lover
    norma2 said:

thanks Laurie

Blood test next week
    This post when twice so I'm changing it. Next week I'll have a blood test, will that show how my white blood count has been affected. It's hard keeping my self away from activities but I understand the risk is not worth it until I know about my WB count.
  • kkstef
    kkstef Member Posts: 688 Member

My husband and I went to the beach today, he took my photo with new look and hat. It was a windy day and it stayed in place.

Great Picture
    Cloud Lover.....what a GREAT photo! I am a bit envious of the beach location....it looks so beautiful. Sure would trade this snow and cold for the beach!!

Also, thanks for the update on how your treatment is going. It sounds like you are doing well and am hoping this continues!!

Karen
  • norma2

Love the pic!!
    The beach looks great and so do you!!