I went to funeral today....

Options
K_ann1015
K_ann1015 Member Posts: 500
edited March 2014 in Esophageal Cancer #1
For all of my friends on this site---keep these words close when you are sad about recent losses here.

"Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted." Matthew 5:4

These were just SOME of the words that have spoken to me lately. Even though this friend had lived a full productive, giving, Christian life, it was still so sad to see her "off"---but also freeing--that she will be in heaven with her Lord---and free of her pain & battle with cancer (it was not EC).

I don't know if it was wrong, but I couldn't help but think of & pray for my csn friends at this funeral---mourning for them as well. There is so much we all don't understand---but son't forget that there is a God that loves you and will be there... I think he also gave us this website to surround us with more love!
Kim

Comments

• MOE58
    MOE58 Member Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    THANKS KIM
    No kim it wasn't wrong to pray for us too during a funeral, I am sure Weezie, and Kathy could use them at this time during their most difficult days ahead. Yes I think GOD brought us all together on this site, cause he knew we could help each other, wheather its just for a little bit or a long time. I know all my friends on this CSN site was wonderful when I was going through my road, and even though we had alot of BIG GIRL PANTIES/BIG BOY UNDERWEAR, i think some of them slipped down, and some couldn't hold them up, but we always have to use them you know when i was a little girl, my mother always said make sure you have 'CLEAN UNDERWEAR AND NO HOLES IN THEM, CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN DURING THE DAY" but she never warned me I would always have to wear my BIG GIRL PANTIES, in my 50'S, but I have wore them, when my dad was sick and dying and wore them when i had to admit my mother to a nursing home, and i am still wearing them. Geez just one time I wish I could take them off and wash them and pack them away, but guess not. We have met alot of new people on this site along with our oldies, and I know that Kitten, and all the others is welcoming Dan and AL to thier new home as we speak.

All we can do is be there for each other and comfort them as they go down this road of the EC journey, and pray that all things will be good through the end, some of us have went past and doing well and some will never be able to have the surgery, but all of us is family on this site.

GOD BLESS EVERYONE FIGHTING THIS DISEASE WE CALL CANCER ESPECIALLY EC

LOVE AND HUGS
    LORI AKA MOE
  • chrisk06
    chrisk06 Member Posts: 110
    Options
    MOE58 said:

THANKS KIM
    No kim it wasn't wrong to pray for us too during a funeral, I am sure Weezie, and Kathy could use them at this time during their most difficult days ahead. Yes I think GOD brought us all together on this site, cause he knew we could help each other, wheather its just for a little bit or a long time. I know all my friends on this CSN site was wonderful when I was going through my road, and even though we had alot of BIG GIRL PANTIES/BIG BOY UNDERWEAR, i think some of them slipped down, and some couldn't hold them up, but we always have to use them you know when i was a little girl, my mother always said make sure you have 'CLEAN UNDERWEAR AND NO HOLES IN THEM, CAUSE YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN DURING THE DAY" but she never warned me I would always have to wear my BIG GIRL PANTIES, in my 50'S, but I have wore them, when my dad was sick and dying and wore them when i had to admit my mother to a nursing home, and i am still wearing them. Geez just one time I wish I could take them off and wash them and pack them away, but guess not. We have met alot of new people on this site along with our oldies, and I know that Kitten, and all the others is welcoming Dan and AL to thier new home as we speak.

All we can do is be there for each other and comfort them as they go down this road of the EC journey, and pray that all things will be good through the end, some of us have went past and doing well and some will never be able to have the surgery, but all of us is family on this site.

GOD BLESS EVERYONE FIGHTING THIS DISEASE WE CALL CANCER ESPECIALLY EC

LOVE AND HUGS
    LORI AKA MOE

How true
    Lori
    Well said.Every time I have a "moment" when I see something that reminds me of Steve, no matter where I am what I am doing I say prayers for my CSN friends.Thats what we do why we are here. The power of prayer..awesome!
  • Tina Blondek
    Tina Blondek Member Posts: 1,500 Member
    Options
    chrisk06 said:

How true
    Lori
    Well said.Every time I have a "moment" when I see something that reminds me of Steve, no matter where I am what I am doing I say prayers for my CSN friends.Thats what we do why we are here. The power of prayer..awesome!

Thanks Kim and I am so sorry
    Thanks Kim and I am so sorry for your loss. I think of all of you daily, and pray for each and everyone of my csn friends each night. There is power in prayer.
    Tina
  • Ellie_E
    Ellie_E Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Kim,
    I also lately lost a

Kim,

I also lately lost a dear friend. She was one of the most courageous people I ever knew. About 17 years ago her husband died of cancer. Right after his funeral, she found out she had breast cancer and lung cancer- 2 primary sites. She fought through horrible chemo and numerous surgeries- and survived! A few years later she developed brain cancer- again she fought and won. Seven years ago, her daughter died from pnuemonia complications. My friend then took in her 4 granddaughters. A year ago she developed dementia and slowly drifted away from us. All through her trials, she kept her great faith and believed God had a plan for her. She was always the first one to help if someone needed it. I try to remember her positive outlook now that my husband is fighting the EC battle. We just need to believe that God has a plan and everything happens for a reason-even if we don't like it. I think your right about this website--it has been a Godsend! I am so glad I found you all.

Ellie
  • K_ann1015
    K_ann1015 Member Posts: 500
    Options
    Ellie_E said:

Kim,
    I also lately lost a

Kim,

I also lately lost a dear friend. She was one of the most courageous people I ever knew. About 17 years ago her husband died of cancer. Right after his funeral, she found out she had breast cancer and lung cancer- 2 primary sites. She fought through horrible chemo and numerous surgeries- and survived! A few years later she developed brain cancer- again she fought and won. Seven years ago, her daughter died from pnuemonia complications. My friend then took in her 4 granddaughters. A year ago she developed dementia and slowly drifted away from us. All through her trials, she kept her great faith and believed God had a plan for her. She was always the first one to help if someone needed it. I try to remember her positive outlook now that my husband is fighting the EC battle. We just need to believe that God has a plan and everything happens for a reason-even if we don't like it. I think your right about this website--it has been a Godsend! I am so glad I found you all.

Ellie

Ellie,
    your note says so

Ellie,
    your note says so much...it IS so hard to keep the BIG picture in focus when we and loved ones are going through so much. It is neat to see how someone still be so productive and positive despite cancer. Thank you for sharing your friends story. She seems like a wonderful role model!
    Kim