Finishing Rads today!!!

2»

Comments

• taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    pitt said:

Thanks everyone! I really
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your notes. I'm hanging out today with the kids and will meet with my oncologist tomorrow to figure out the rest of the long-term solution...I will probably go straight to aromasin and not do the tamoxifen at all. I'll let you know when I find out tomorrow. The hysterectomy is in two weeks and will be done laprascopically, which I've heard is a much easier recovery time.

To all of you still dealing with chemo and/or rads, hang in there. You'll get through it and we will all rejoice when we read your posts about graduating!!!

Thanks again!
    Pitt

Pitt... sincerely
    Pitt... sincerely celebrating this last day with you!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on reaching the end of this leg in the journey... truly worth celebrating!! Now get lots of rest... and go easy on yourself for a while..do not over do it!

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    YAHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!
    Congratulations RAD GRAD! Celebrate...better yet, wait a couple of weeks, till you can stay up past 6 pm and REALLY celebrate....;-)

God Bless!
    Julie
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    pitt said:

Words of advice for the rads girls...
    Thank you all and yes I do have some advice. Use your creams everyday right from the beginning, even before you think you need them. My only side effects were redness (like a sunburn) and fatigue. I've submitted other posts about the fatigue and how I've learned to listen to my body and to be forgiving of myself when I just can't go anymore. I've gone to bed as early as 6:45 but make it usually until 7:45pm. Listen to your body and be good to it. Drink water and then use even more lotion. Good luck to you. You will get through it and then move forward to the next event...

All the best, Pitt

Congratulations on finishing
    Congratulations on finishing rads Pitt!

Hugs to you,

Debby
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Marlene_K said:

Congrats on finishing rads!
    I would hope that just being 'done' with all the treatments would have to give you some of your energy back! I will be starting rads soon and can't wait to post this myself! Congratulations, Pitt! May your journey from here forth be nothing but uphill!

Best wishes for good health & happiness always, Mar

Woohoo!
    Congrats Pitt!

Lex♥
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    jbug said:

YAHHHHHOOOOOO!!!!
    Congratulations RAD GRAD! Celebrate...better yet, wait a couple of weeks, till you can stay up past 6 pm and REALLY celebrate....;-)

God Bless!
    Julie

Congratulations
    Great, great accomplishment and step to complete cure. Celebrate and take everything easy.
    Good luck with your surgery!
    New Flower
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Congratulations on this
    Congratulations on this milestone and heartfelt thoughts and prayers for the next step. Do rest as much as possible.

I'm 2/3 thru rads and thoroughly exhausted. A little crabby, too. I am raw in places and reduced to what my tech calls 'a wife-beater' undershirt of my hubbys. I go back to work with 5 days of rads left and can't imagine what I will be able to wear. No bra, maybe a well-positioned scarf???

Again, Hooray for you!

Sue
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Congratulations on this
    Congratulations on this milestone and heartfelt thoughts and prayers for the next step. Do rest as much as possible.

I'm 2/3 thru rads and thoroughly exhausted. A little crabby, too. I am raw in places and reduced to what my tech calls 'a wife-beater' undershirt of my hubbys. I go back to work with 5 days of rads left and can't imagine what I will be able to wear. No bra, maybe a well-positioned scarf???

Again, Hooray for you!

Sue

congratualtions. Hurray,
    congratualtions. Hurray, nearing the end of the marathon!!!!!! You have been a fantastic warrior!
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    pitt said:

Thanks everyone! I really
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your notes. I'm hanging out today with the kids and will meet with my oncologist tomorrow to figure out the rest of the long-term solution...I will probably go straight to aromasin and not do the tamoxifen at all. I'll let you know when I find out tomorrow. The hysterectomy is in two weeks and will be done laprascopically, which I've heard is a much easier recovery time.

To all of you still dealing with chemo and/or rads, hang in there. You'll get through it and we will all rejoice when we read your posts about graduating!!!

Thanks again!
    Pitt

Congrats
    Congrats, Pitt!!! I know it feels so good not to have to run to those RAD appts. everyday when you just want to take a long nap. You'll get your strength back. Good luck with the surgery and keep us posted.

P
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    So happy for
    you Pitt!Yes,it will take a while for you to get your energy back.But soon you will be able to move on!
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387

So happy for
    you Pitt!Yes,it will take a while for you to get your energy back.But soon you will be able to move on!

Facing forward...
    Thanks girls! Today is the first morning that I don't have to go to the hospital for a treatment or appointment! Yahoo! My plan is to rest for two weeks, have the hysterectomy, and then I will start taking tamoxifen for 5 years. We've decided that is the best protocol for someone my age (38). I like this new phase...much easier to manage than the chemo/rads! Good luck to everyone who is still working through these treatments. You'll get to the finish line...because there is no other choice. Just do it! (I may run out and buy some more Nike items today! :-))
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    pitt said:

Facing forward...
    Thanks girls! Today is the first morning that I don't have to go to the hospital for a treatment or appointment! Yahoo! My plan is to rest for two weeks, have the hysterectomy, and then I will start taking tamoxifen for 5 years. We've decided that is the best protocol for someone my age (38). I like this new phase...much easier to manage than the chemo/rads! Good luck to everyone who is still working through these treatments. You'll get to the finish line...because there is no other choice. Just do it! (I may run out and buy some more Nike items today! :-))

Congratulations
    So glad you finished rads. You are an inspiration. Hopefully I will be there soon and be able to put all of this behind me and get on with the business of just living.

I have my last chemo next week and hope to be done with rads by the end of April.

Again, Best to you and your family for finishing this part of your journey.

Donna
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Congratulations
    So glad you finished rads. You are an inspiration. Hopefully I will be there soon and be able to put all of this behind me and get on with the business of just living.

I have my last chemo next week and hope to be done with rads by the end of April.

Again, Best to you and your family for finishing this part of your journey.

Donna

Time to celebrate big!
    A big congrats to you Pitt for finishing rads! Doesn't it feel good to be done? I am so happy for you! Now rest and keep using your creams!

Sue :)
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Ritzy said:

Time to celebrate big!
    A big congrats to you Pitt for finishing rads! Doesn't it feel good to be done? I am so happy for you! Now rest and keep using your creams!

Sue :)

WTG Pitt ☻
    CONGRATS!

Kristin ♥
  • bleedpink
    bleedpink Member Posts: 11
    done with Rads too!
    I finished today, everyone wanted to know if I was going to celebrate, but I'm to tired. I'm ready to have my body back also. Then I will celebrate
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    bleedpink said:

done with Rads too!
    I finished today, everyone wanted to know if I was going to celebrate, but I'm to tired. I'm ready to have my body back also. Then I will celebrate

Congrats on finishing rads.
    Congrats on finishing rads. You celebrate when you are ready. It will be all the sweeter for the wait.
    Stef
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Pitt
    I'm glad you're about finished. Hope you feel better soon.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    bleedpink said:

done with Rads too!

Congrats, Bleedpink, on
    Congrats, Bleedpink, on finishing rads. Hello, Bleedpink, are you awake?? Just kidding, glad you are done and on the road to NED. Continue to rest and you will be ready for that celebration soon!!
  • freeofit10
    freeofit10 Member Posts: 11
    Way to go!
    The rads was the worst part for me. I was so glad when I healed up.
    It will heal faster than you think and you will start to get your energy back. Everyday is one day closer to getting back to you!!!
    Good luck...