Blended up Veggie Soups

Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
At times I go a bit overboard on the veggies that I buy....so I have started to make Cream Soups without the cream Cooked tomatos are so good for fighting cancer, that I start my soups with that base, add any vegetable. Onions and garlic if you like. Simmer, then blend it up, add a couple dashes of pepper and hot sauce (if you like it a bit spicy, it is cancer fighting too), and presto you have soup that is sure to feed you for a couple meals. You can freeze it. When you thaw out, some water will seep out of the ice, drain that part or just throw it all in a pan and warm up.

This weekend I had a cabbage and cauliflower that I thought was going to go bad on me so I started simmering it with some carrots. Then grabbed some tomates that I had stewed and frozen late last summer, simmered it all together, added added Italian Spices and Oregano, Garlic, blended it all up and I had 4 quart size baggies of soup.

Tomatoe Basil is good too, I think cauliflower serves as a thickner. Tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, celery, and parsely is an anti cancer herb, but so are most of these ingredients.

Asparagus Soup, just simmer and blend, salt and pepper to taste.

On all these you can add the cream but I would use a bit of soy milk instead, but I don't use anything.

I bought some soy milk this weekend and it was AWESOME. Had it with my cereal and blue berries. Oh, did you know that berries do not lose any of their vitamins and poweful immune building capabilities when frozen! Heck, I found organic berries at the dollar store! Imagine that....
Pommegranites are really good for you too, drink straight juice not cocktail juice. I went to a WINCO grocery store and found the 100% juice for 1.98. I really bought it for my husband because I juice fresh, but I bought a lot so, I have it for those busy times, when I can't juice.

My sister went to the grocery store with me and I was just ranting and raving, and she looked at her cart that had muffins and tortillas and who knows what else, and we laughed. She had some of the soup and she liked it, she said the hot sauce gave it a good kick!

Comments

• tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Yum!
    Sounds good! You're a very smart lady!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    tootsie1 said:

Yum!
    Sounds good! You're a very smart lady!

*hugs*
    Gail

Sounds so healthy! I will be making some this weekend! Thanks!
    Sounds so healthy! I will be making some this weekend! Thanks for keeping us on track to health!
  • John23
    John23 Member Posts: 2,122 Member
    Smells good!

You toss a few White Castle hamburgers in that. and you'll
    have one helluva meal!
  • Nana b
    John23 said:

Smells good!

have one helluva meal!

John!!!!! I'm bringing some
    John!!!!! I'm bringing some soup over and it's NOT going to have burgers in it!

Hey I love a good hamburger too......but I have not had one in a long time. If my scan and pet come out good today, I'm a believer, if they don't, I'm making hamburger tonight!

lol......oh, I can't, I can't!!!
  • Nana b
    Nana b said:

John!!!!! I'm bringing some
    John!!!!! I'm bringing some soup over and it's NOT going to have burgers in it!

Hey I love a good hamburger too......but I have not had one in a long time. If my scan and pet come out good today, I'm a believer, if they don't, I'm making hamburger tonight!

lol......oh, I can't, I can't!!!

John
    I'm not doing it and I'm sticking to it! lol
  • P_I_T_A
    P_I_T_A Member Posts: 133
    Nana b said:

John
    I'm not doing it and I'm sticking to it! lol

Gotta have a burger now & then...
    You can make a black bean burger and avoid the red meat. Plenty of receipes on Food Network.

-DJ
  • Nana b
    P_I_T_A said:

Gotta have a burger now & then...
    You can make a black bean burger and avoid the red meat. Plenty of receipes on Food Network.

-DJ

I have had portabella mushroom hamburgers with sauteed onions! yum!
  • JR
    JR Member Posts: 139 Member
    John23 said:

Smells good!

have one helluva meal!

In-N-Out
    They just built a new IN-N-OUT burger about two miles from my home. So hard to resist.

John
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    My wife makes a lovely
    My wife makes a lovely roasted vegetable soup with butternut squash, parsnip, turnip, carrot, leeks and onion, seasoned with bay, rosemary and thyme. She uses a bit of veggie stock to think it out to make it soup - better than any cream soup I have ever had. Just roast the veggies, add stock, then process them to mush and add seasonings. YUMMMM