Pet and CT Scans ***Update

Nana b
Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
ALL CLEAR........NED. YES!!! ONC told me that I am clear and even better then before...any little thing that may have been lit up and questionable, is even gone! Nothing, nada! Next scan in 6 months. My blood work is good!

On another note, I was put out on a Leave of Absence. ONC does not want me to stress over my job; he is highly concerned that my cancer will reoccur over this stress. I have an appointment with a neurologist regarding my motor skills; I don't think my hands are keeping up with my brain! And I'm getting the hernia checked out for possible surgery. I also have an appointment with an employment attorney tomorrow! My ONC does not think my employer is being very humane or ethical when it comes to my health!

I asked my ONC about my diet and he said, keep doing it and exercise, we just need to take care of the stress!

Check out this video

http://www.amazon.com/Anticancer-New-Life-David-Servan-Schreiber/dp/0670020346

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Raquel! You are my hero!
    Raquel! You are my hero! You go girl!

I'm soooooooooo happy with how you've done. You rock!

Diane

(Can you tell you've made my day?)
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Yay!
    I am so very happy for your good news too. I so love to hear this kind of report.

You helped my day be brighter too :)

-Pat
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Good Job
    Leave of absence sounds good. If it is a paid absence that is even better, if not, that is a bummer. Now don't go leaving the board just because you are NED, lots of us still need your good vibes and influence and information. We have some newbies on board and your encouragement goes a long way. Good Job - Tina
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    woo hoo!!!
    Raquel,

That is great news! Hope all goes well with other stuff. I think that's good that you're going on leave from work. Stress is not good!

Take care-
    Lisa
  • Nana b
    lisa42 said:

woo hoo!!!
    Raquel,

That is great news! Hope all goes well with other stuff. I think that's good that you're going on leave from work. Stress is not good!

Take care-
    Lisa

I am here to stay!

I'm not going anywhere!!
  • Nana b

Raquel! You are my hero!
    Raquel! You are my hero! You go girl!

I'm soooooooooo happy with how you've done. You rock!

Diane

(Can you tell you've made my day?)

I can!
    Thanks!!
  • Kerry S
    Kerry S Member Posts: 606 Member
    Nana b said:

I am here to stay!

I'm not going anywhere!!

Fantastic News for you and
    Fantastic News for you and us.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Nana b said:

I am here to stay!

I'm not going anywhere!!

Nana b
    as they say in Hollywood..............." you are tha chit".....LOL :).....Good Day just turned into a Great one.....Thanks and congratulations sweetheart....Love Hope and here's to NED..........Buzz
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Congratulations!Hope all
    Congratulations!Hope all goes well for you.Best luck with everything.
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Raquel!!!
    Beautiful that you are still NED!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!! Great idea to take a leave.... nothing is worth increasing your stress and breaking down your immune system. Stay healthy!

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • JR
    JR Member Posts: 139 Member
    Nana b said:

I can!
    Thanks!!

I agree
    I agree with Diane -------- YOU ROCK. Keep it up.

John
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    Yippee Yahoo!!!!
    Congrats and thanks for sharing this glrious news. Now we must all cross our fingers that employer comes around and benefits you!!!

peggy