I miss you guys

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Jeanne D said:

♥ I am here Sweet Stef ♥

I am soooooooooooo happy if my PM lifted your spirits! I had noticed that you just didn't quite seem yourself on here and got worried. You are such a bright smile on here Stef that I notice when I don't see all of your pearly whites gleaming! lol

I pray that everything in your life will calm down and be resolved. You know that we are all here to help you in anyway that we can! Always and forever Stef...that is what sisters do for each other!

I discovered Facebook and Farmville! OMG...I have become an addict! My hubby just smiles and shakes his head when I say " I have to check my farm." lol But, it is fun and so many of our CSN sisters are there. Yep, farming right along side me. Gotta love it!

Wishing you good luck with your tests this week. Please let us know anything when you can. I go in again to my plastic surgeon this week to get more injections of the steroid for the lumps I have. The one that he gave me the shots in last time is gone, which is a huge relief. Now, just one more lump to go and I am praying that it will be gone after this round of shots. I think David might wear gloves this time. I think I hurt him the last time when I not only squeezed his hand reallyyyyyyyyyy hard, but, I sunk my nails into his hand. I said I was sorry. Geeshhhhhhhh

I miss the RAD B's! That was a fun thread, wasn't it? And, TJ's quest for pictures of us at all ages. Fun stuff! It is good that we move on somewhat, don't you think? But, I will always be some part of this site as it helped me thru so much. I owe all of you, everyone on here, all that I can give when needed.

So Stef, your flock has come home! We all love you, a LOT!

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>

P. S. My new avatar pic is of one of the hearts that David made in the snow for me for Valentine's Day. He had them all over the acreage here so that I would see one out of any and all of the windows whenever I looked out! It was the best gift ever!

Wow Jeanne!
    What a great husband Jeanne! I saw your pic on your page too. Very romantic!

Good luck with your shots this week. I hope it makes the lump go away.

Good luck Stef, Pammy and Taleena on your tests! Sending you all prayers!

♥ Noel
  • Noel
    Calleen said:

Im
    still around. I haven't logged on this site in awhile. I'm so glad to read so many of you are doing well. and will be thinking of you with your upcoming appointments. So many of you were there for me last summer and I joined in the middle of the hedge hog thread and thought whoa what are these ladies talking about.. But I was warmly welcomed into this group and have been forever grateful for the friendships...
    As for me latley ...well I haven't been doing too good to be honest. I've feel into a deep depression and am having a hard time with so many areas of my life.. That is why I haven't been on here. I didn't feel like I could be a good support for our sisters. I usually just play farmville as an escape to keep my mind away from my life for the time being... This is not how I am and I hope that in the next few months I can get me back... Sorry to sound so down but I hope you guys will keep me in your thoughts and prayers...

Ca;;een...

Hugs for you Calleen!
    I am sending you hugs and support Calleen! Hoping that you feel better soon!

♥ Noel
  • Noel
    Hope you feel better Stef
    Hoping that this thread made you feel better Stef! I know I stepped away for awhile as it became overwhelming with all of the newbies. It just made me sad, so, I took some time away from the board. And I think, once we get along past our treatment, our lives become filled with just living past bc and we might not have or take the time to come back on as often as we used to when we were in treatment. But, it doesn't mean that I don't care because I do. You take care Stef!

♥ Noel
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    fauxma said:

Caleen,
    So good to hear from

Caleen,
    So good to hear from you but so sorry that you are feeling so down. You know that we are here and you can vent to us. You don't always have to be the supportive one here (and you have been many, many times). Sometimes it's your turn for comfort and support. Glad you are doing farmville as an escape. We often need one. Mine is hidden object games. I have a bunch of them and I really like doing them. My prayers and good thoughts will be that this depression lifts and you regain the real you. Meanwhile, know that we will listen, cyberhug you and try to lift your spirits. There are so many aspects to this disease and they all take a toll on us in many different ways and at many different times. Add to that the mix of regular life with it's ups and downs and it can be hairy and scary. So know that I and all the others will be keeping you in our hearts.
    Stef

Stef...in case you didn't see
    Stef...in case you didn't see on the Turqouise thread...I have Tasha's home address ( as I have the addresses of all of you who participated in the ornament exchange) and I thought I would send her a REAL card...and I am putting out the word that if anyone here wants me to include their username on the card, let me know!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Noel
    cats_toy said:

sorry Stef
    issues, cancer related or not, can get annoying when they hang around too long. Hope you get everything resolved. You all lift my spirits whenever I visit here, and if you need to vent, you know we are here for you.
    I think my melancholy lately has been because it was President's Day weekend three years ago that I got my diagnosis. The actual date is Feb 19, but it was that holiday weekend that I hung around after having the needle biopsy, waiting for the news. But today is a better day (can smile for real, not just show teeth!), the infection seems to be letting go, and it is a beautiful warm sunny day. Maybe all I needed was the gift of all of you here.
    Smile like you mean it!
    Cat

Hoping that your infection
    Hoping that your infection clear ups Cat! Let us know!

♥ Noel
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Calleen said:

Im
    still around. I haven't logged on this site in awhile. I'm so glad to read so many of you are doing well. and will be thinking of you with your upcoming appointments. So many of you were there for me last summer and I joined in the middle of the hedge hog thread and thought whoa what are these ladies talking about.. But I was warmly welcomed into this group and have been forever grateful for the friendships...
    As for me latley ...well I haven't been doing too good to be honest. I've feel into a deep depression and am having a hard time with so many areas of my life.. That is why I haven't been on here. I didn't feel like I could be a good support for our sisters. I usually just play farmville as an escape to keep my mind away from my life for the time being... This is not how I am and I hope that in the next few months I can get me back... Sorry to sound so down but I hope you guys will keep me in your thoughts and prayers...

Ca;;een...

Sweet Calleen~There is
    Sweet Calleen~
    There is never a need to apologize for talking about feeling down on these boards. If nothing else, this is the proverbial safe place to express what is in our heats and minds; good or bad.
    You are always welcome here~ when you take a break from farming! I simply don't "get" FB...if I remember to log in there ( every 6 weeks or so! ) I am overwhelmed by all of the aps, invites, quizzes, etc etc that I instantly log right back out again! LOL

I am not in here as much as previously either~ I am actually WORKING !!! I am cooking for a family of 20-somethings who have a 4 month old baby. They work full time and get home at 7PM...seems they were spending an horrid amount of money driving through fast food joints ( not to mention the un-healthy food!) now they give ME the money and I cook and deliver food to them 5 nights a week!

And...I was in a local bookstore and saw a flyer for a Women Only Mystery Book Club. Women only in that only women can be in the club! I joined, and am in the midst of reading a 600 page mystery and have been enjoying it sooooo much!

I just don't have the time that I used to be on the boards...I feel both guilty and happy!

Just know Calleen, that you are loved and appreciated by the sisterhood here at CSN...come in for a cyber-hug any time!

Hugs, Chen♥
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    chenheart said:

Stef...in case you didn't see on the Turqouise thread...I have Tasha's home address ( as I have the addresses of all of you who participated in the ornament exchange) and I thought I would send her a REAL card...and I am putting out the word that if anyone here wants me to include their username on the card, let me know!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

great idea Claudia
    sounds like a plan and count me in!
    Cat
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Jeanne D said:

♥ I am here Sweet Stef ♥

I am soooooooooooo happy if my PM lifted your spirits! I had noticed that you just didn't quite seem yourself on here and got worried. You are such a bright smile on here Stef that I notice when I don't see all of your pearly whites gleaming! lol

I pray that everything in your life will calm down and be resolved. You know that we are all here to help you in anyway that we can! Always and forever Stef...that is what sisters do for each other!

I discovered Facebook and Farmville! OMG...I have become an addict! My hubby just smiles and shakes his head when I say " I have to check my farm." lol But, it is fun and so many of our CSN sisters are there. Yep, farming right along side me. Gotta love it!

Wishing you good luck with your tests this week. Please let us know anything when you can. I go in again to my plastic surgeon this week to get more injections of the steroid for the lumps I have. The one that he gave me the shots in last time is gone, which is a huge relief. Now, just one more lump to go and I am praying that it will be gone after this round of shots. I think David might wear gloves this time. I think I hurt him the last time when I not only squeezed his hand reallyyyyyyyyyy hard, but, I sunk my nails into his hand. I said I was sorry. Geeshhhhhhhh

I miss the RAD B's! That was a fun thread, wasn't it? And, TJ's quest for pictures of us at all ages. Fun stuff! It is good that we move on somewhat, don't you think? But, I will always be some part of this site as it helped me thru so much. I owe all of you, everyone on here, all that I can give when needed.

So Stef, your flock has come home! We all love you, a LOT!

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>

P. S. My new avatar pic is of one of the hearts that David made in the snow for me for Valentine's Day. He had them all over the acreage here so that I would see one out of any and all of the windows whenever I looked out! It was the best gift ever!

Jeanne,
    You are one of the

Jeanne,
    You are one of the sweetest gals I know. I hope that the lump is taken care of and that David wears a glove so that you can squeeze and dig in those nails. The treatment for these things may be necessary but it's not fun. I agree that is good that folks are moving on and that life is calling and they are answering. That's as it should be. Sort of like Mary Poppins at the end of the movie. And I love the hearts in the snow that you could see from every window. How utterly romantic? I will let you know how my mammo goes but it will be fine. I just could not get into the facebook thing. But I may try again later on.
    Things are okay here and I am doing fine, just wish all this life stuff would move along. It's worse than waiting for test results. We are still sorting through stuff and deciding what to keep and store, what to move, what to toss and what to donate. But it will all get done sooner or later (I vote for sooner). Thank you again for you kind PM. I needed that boost. Your are truly a special, special gal.
    Stef
  • fauxma
    Noel said:

Hope you feel better Stef
    Hoping that this thread made you feel better Stef! I know I stepped away for awhile as it became overwhelming with all of the newbies. It just made me sad, so, I took some time away from the board. And I think, once we get along past our treatment, our lives become filled with just living past bc and we might not have or take the time to come back on as often as we used to when we were in treatment. But, it doesn't mean that I don't care because I do. You take care Stef!

♥ Noel

Noel,
    I know all of you

Noel,

I know all of you deeply care about the board etc. and I am so delighted that many of you are doing new or old things. I also understand about it being so hard to see so many newbies and feeling sad. I have always felt other people's diagnoses more than my own. It's because I can fight my own, but am helpless to fight for someone else. But I always worry when I don't here from some of my old friends here that they are gone because of something bad and not something good. Although logic says that gone is good and if something is wrong we usually post for support. But am happy to hear from so many of you. And that you are all in good health, most in good spirits and enjoying life. So cheers to that.
    And Chen, what a great job for you and a great service you are providing that couple. Not only will they eat healthier (very important), they can eat in a more timely manner because you have meals waiting, and they can spend time together relaxing. How wonderful.
    I just want all my family on here to know that I love each and everyone of you and wish nothing but the best in health, happiness, family, friends and that you all are enjoying life even though you may be starting your journey, in the middle of your journey, finishing the journey or moving on. My heart, my prayers, my thoughts and my blessings to you all.
    Stef
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Calleen said:

Im

Ca;;een...

Calleen, it's so good to see
    Calleen, it's so good to see you check in, too. I'm sorry you're having some challenges in your life but know that we are here for you at anytime. You supported so many of us through our treatments, please know, we're here to support you. Take care and post when you feel up to it and know that we'll be thinking of YOU! ((((Hugs))))
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    fauxma said:

Noel,
    I know all of you

Noel,

I know all of you deeply care about the board etc. and I am so delighted that many of you are doing new or old things. I also understand about it being so hard to see so many newbies and feeling sad. I have always felt other people's diagnoses more than my own. It's because I can fight my own, but am helpless to fight for someone else. But I always worry when I don't here from some of my old friends here that they are gone because of something bad and not something good. Although logic says that gone is good and if something is wrong we usually post for support. But am happy to hear from so many of you. And that you are all in good health, most in good spirits and enjoying life. So cheers to that.
    And Chen, what a great job for you and a great service you are providing that couple. Not only will they eat healthier (very important), they can eat in a more timely manner because you have meals waiting, and they can spend time together relaxing. How wonderful.
    I just want all my family on here to know that I love each and everyone of you and wish nothing but the best in health, happiness, family, friends and that you all are enjoying life even though you may be starting your journey, in the middle of your journey, finishing the journey or moving on. My heart, my prayers, my thoughts and my blessings to you all.
    Stef

Hoping that with each day
    Hoping that with each day that you feel better Calleen.

Thanks Stef for this thread. It is so great to see so many on here that I haven't seen in awhile. I miss them.

Angie
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    I'm here!
    Sorry to have been out so long. I've been digging out from snowmageddon 2010! We haven't been to work in over a week here. Today was my first day back since February 5th. Trying to catch up with you guys. Nice to be noticed, Stef, :). Hope all is well for my friends here.

Mimi
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Moopy23 said:

Miss Moopy Replies
    Well, even though the Moopinator wasn't mentioned, I am going to be vain and include myself in your list and chime in to say I miss you, too, Stef!

I think of you often-- I just miss you. I remember this last summer, when you and Cat and Tasha and Claudia and Pammy and Christmas Girl and Jeanne and so many others had me literally laughing til it hurt and I had tears in my eyes. Will never forget the hedgehog recipe.

Every one of you is in my heart. I may not have your address or have your name listed here, but I have you in my heart. And so does Aortus.

As for my absence, I went back to a different position at work, no longer sitting at my desk and writing e-mails as I listen to NPR. I'm on the phone all day instead. Even at just 3 days, I am so tired. Plus, I am getting physical therapy on my left arm 2 or 3 times a week and trying to do all the typical daily chore things, and also get out and have some fun. I do visit FB, as some know, but lately I've been too tired of staring at a work computer screen to do more than pop in ever once in awhile, as here, to contribute what I can, and see that my dear friends are ok.

Tasha e-mailed me awhile back on FB and reported computer problems, a hacker. She created a new profile and sent a new friend request. I thought I was having a chemo brain moment as I thought I'd added her already. Her artwork is getting recognition, and is being displayed at a local shop! I am so proud of her. If I hear from her myself, I will report in. I am hoping that it is just computer issues still and her art work and moving on with life that has kept our Turquoise Girl away.

About Mimi, remember that she has always avoided posting on weekends and holidays and days at a time. She did express once that she needed to step back from online bc activities and sites as she felt she was not moving on but keeping-bc-on-her-mind. If she were fearful and experiencing any bc-related issues, I believe she would come to us. Or she would post her fears at youngsurvivors.org, which she has not as far as I have seen. If she needed us, she would let us know, I hope...

As for me, I miss everyone, just like Stef. I'm hoping to get my energy back to be a more "there" friend. The plaque that Taleena sent and I have prominently displayed is true of our friendships:

"We'll be friends forever, won't we,Pooh,?" asked Piglet.

"Even longer," Pooh answered.

We are all here for you
    We are all here for you Stef! I do miss the Rad B's! We never performed and we all looked so HOT in our costumes made by Stef!

Hugs, Kylez
  • fauxma
    mimivac said:

I'm here!
    Sorry to have been out so long. I've been digging out from snowmageddon 2010! We haven't been to work in over a week here. Today was my first day back since February 5th. Trying to catch up with you guys. Nice to be noticed, Stef, :). Hope all is well for my friends here.

Mimi

I wondered if you had been
    I wondered if you had been buried in all the horrible snow, blizzard, ice etc. Glad that you are digging your way out. Now you have to also catch up with work. It is so good to hear from everyone. I just love it. I am so happy. Doesn't take much, just hearing from good friends puts a big toothy smile on my face. I could just break into a dance. I would say song and dance but that would be torture. I can dance but I can't sing. Well, I used to dance. Anyway so glad to hear from so many of you. Happy, Happy, joy, joy, joy.
    Stef
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    fauxma said:

I wondered if you had been
    I wondered if you had been buried in all the horrible snow, blizzard, ice etc. Glad that you are digging your way out. Now you have to also catch up with work. It is so good to hear from everyone. I just love it. I am so happy. Doesn't take much, just hearing from good friends puts a big toothy smile on my face. I could just break into a dance. I would say song and dance but that would be torture. I can dance but I can't sing. Well, I used to dance. Anyway so glad to hear from so many of you. Happy, Happy, joy, joy, joy.
    Stef

So good to read that you
    So good to read that you feel happy now Stef! It is great to read from ones that haven't been on in awhile. I am not on that much, and, am lost when I do come on. Wishing good health to all.

KYLEZ ♥
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    chenheart said:

Hugs,
    Chen♥

ooh,ooh,ohh....
    (jumping up and down with hand in the air!)
    Will you please include me on the card? I miss Tasha too! Thanks Claudia for offering to send her a card!
    Hugs and smiles...Pammy
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    Kylez said:

So good to read that you
    So good to read that you feel happy now Stef! It is great to read from ones that haven't been on in awhile. I am not on that much, and, am lost when I do come on. Wishing good health to all.

KYLEZ ♥

Just
    popping in to say "hi". I cruise the board a couple of times a week and reply when the spirit moves me. This working full time interferes with the rest of my life!

I had my first cancerversiery last month and am due for my mammo *sigh* but I am doing well. I miss the friendships but I don't have the time or energy to encourage the gals with new diagnoses and if I can't do that I need to not respond.

Maureen
  • fauxma

Just
    popping in to say "hi". I cruise the board a couple of times a week and reply when the spirit moves me. This working full time interferes with the rest of my life!

I had my first cancerversiery last month and am due for my mammo *sigh* but I am doing well. I miss the friendships but I don't have the time or energy to encourage the gals with new diagnoses and if I can't do that I need to not respond.

Maureen

Evening Star,
    How could I

Evening Star,
    How could I not have included you in my missing them list. Congrats on the cancerversary. Schedule that mammo and let us know how it goes. It's hard to find the time and energy to do the boards and work and do life so we understand. Just glad to see you pop in. Just doing that and saying you are a year out from diagnosis is encouraging to any of the new gals. That can mean as much as all the advice. My prayers are that you continue NED and life.
    Stef
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    fauxma said:

Noel,
    I know all of you

Noel,

Stef

Valentines
    Your thread did become a Valentine for us all, Steff. I had missed later postings and have so enjoyed catching up with everyone. Cat, maybe Frankenboobie is paying you back for the unfortunate name? Maybe stick with Picasssoboobie? Seriously, praying that your travails are ending.

Sending hopes and prayers that all tests will be clear and that the steroid shot takes care of that last lump, Jeanne. Thank you for seeing that Stef was a little out of sorts and for writing to her. Stef, I pray that things are better for you, and that issues are resolved. An early Happy Birthday to Jazz. I'll be looking for a birthday photo, maybe....?

Thank you, everyone. What joy and companionship and comfort this thread recalled for me. Joy seems odd, maybe, but I have found joy in the words and sentiments--and talents--of my sisters here.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    fauxma said:

Evening Star,
    How could I

Evening Star,
    How could I not have included you in my missing them list. Congrats on the cancerversary. Schedule that mammo and let us know how it goes. It's hard to find the time and energy to do the boards and work and do life so we understand. Just glad to see you pop in. Just doing that and saying you are a year out from diagnosis is encouraging to any of the new gals. That can mean as much as all the advice. My prayers are that you continue NED and life.
    Stef

Maureen...
    Just chiming in with Stef... Yes, we miss you. But, glad that you are well. One year - awesome! Best wishes to you for a clean mammo.

Wholeheartedly agree with Stef regarding us "old timers" providing hope to the newcomeers, just by being here.

Kind regards, Susan