quick check in

vonni
vonni Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
The last few days have been a bit of a blur. Chemo was Thur. No complaints other than a sore throat and feeling a bit foggy. I woke up in the am with some pretty decent abdominal cramping and light nausea. After a few hours it went away and I was feeling pretty decent. By late afternoon, I began to feel a lot of pain in my spine, lower hips and back. Saturday I slept off and on all day. 17 of 24 hours. Yesterday, I was feeling a little bit better again. Still a sore throat, blurry watery eyes and a foul taste in my mouth. Pain came back mid afternoon. Legs, back and neck. By 7pm, I found myself back in bed asleep again. Its almost 3am now and the pain is moderate but more tolerable than its been. Am feeling a bit flu like. Cold, achey, "D", headache etc.. Pushing fluids. No vomitin g thanks to the meds. Learning to listen to my body and remember Im not superwoman all the time. Hangin up the cape for a while.. . Thank you all for such a warm loving welcome! Big hugs ~Going to head back to la la land now ~

Comments

• jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Hang in there Vonni! Don't
    Hang in there Vonni! Don't worry, the cape won't wrinkle if you don't have it on.
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    jbug said:

Hang in there Vonni! Don't
    Hang in there Vonni! Don't worry, the cape won't wrinkle if you don't have it on.

Hang in there Vonni,
    You are describing pretty much how I felt. The flu symptoms and D were the worst, oh and the disgusting tasting food! Keep the Tylnol going for the pain. Don't forget the Gatorade because of the D. I even took a Vicodin occasionally, but really hate that stuff. Sleep is your best friend. You don't feel sick when you sleep and your body needs it desperately to help fight The Beast and your chemo.

You still have your cape on, it's just invisible right now. But you are fighting the bigest fight of your life and you are winning! Chemo is your sword and Sleep is your shield!

We are all hugging you to help keep you warm..

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Hang in there, Vonni, this
    Hang in there, Vonni, this too shall pass. Continue to drink as much water as possible to help flush your system. Night, night!! Post when you can and give us an update.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Vonni
    Thanks for letting us know how you're doing.

Get your rest and take good care of yourself.

(((HUGZ)))
    Cindy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Sorry to read that you
    Sorry to read that you aren't doing well with your chemo. Hoping and praying that it gets easier for you. Hang in there!

Hugs, Angie
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Hang Tough
    Vonni,

I am so sorry to hear you are having such a tough time...hang in there!!! By the way, you are Superwoman!!! You are beating bc, it's a tough fight, but you will do it!!! You are surrounded by a bunch of wonderful ladies in Pink Capes who will help you fight this fight!!!

Sweet Dreams,
    Tina
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Tinabug said:

Hang Tough
    Vonni,

I am so sorry to hear you are having such a tough time...hang in there!!! By the way, you are Superwoman!!! You are beating bc, it's a tough fight, but you will do it!!! You are surrounded by a bunch of wonderful ladies in Pink Capes who will help you fight this fight!!!

Sweet Dreams,
    Tina

What are you taking?
    Just wondering what's causing all that PAIN? WATER WATER WATER!!! If you're like me that's way easier said than done, but it does flush that chemical out of your body sooner. Jello? flavored water? tea? just do it!!! Good luck and God bless.