I miss you guys

fauxma
fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have been missing TJ, Tasha, Pammy and some other regulars. Hope all is well with all of you and that you are just out enjoying life because life is meant to be enjoyed. I have not been posting as much but I do read the boards pretty regularly. I know there are others that I have missed calling out to. It was good to hear from Outdoor Girl. Oh, and CatsToy and Mimi are other friends I am missing. So, hoping you are all doing fantastically and having nothing but fun. Maybe they all went on a cruise together. Now I am sad, they didn't take me along. Big tears rolling down my face. LOL
Stef

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Hello, dear Stef...
    Yeah - me, too.

(sigh...)

Kindest regards, Susan xo

P.S.: Shout out to anybody who may be in touch with tasha/Julia... Am worried about her the most. Does anyone know if she's OK?
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member

Hello, dear Stef...
    Yeah - me, too.

(sigh...)

P.S.: Shout out to anybody who may be in touch with tasha/Julia... Am worried about her the most. Does anyone know if she's OK?

Hi Stef
    I know what you mean I am missing our sisters also...and YOU! I know i still come here but mostly read. I feel so connected with everyone here it is hard to stay away, I think about you all often and pray for all our dear brave sisters in Pink. Thank you for the shoutout...hope we get some replies.

Susan, Tasha was on FB but then took her picture off and I haven't heard from her. Let me know if you do.

All my love to you all and have a happy Valentines Day.

Hugs, Jackie
  • fauxma
    rjjj said:

Hi Stef
    I know what you mean I am missing our sisters also...and YOU! I know i still come here but mostly read. I feel so connected with everyone here it is hard to stay away, I think about you all often and pray for all our dear brave sisters in Pink. Thank you for the shoutout...hope we get some replies.

Susan, Tasha was on FB but then took her picture off and I haven't heard from her. Let me know if you do.

All my love to you all and have a happy Valentines Day.

Hugs, Jackie

I know Tasha had some
    I know Tasha had some problems with her emails etc and that may be why we haven't heard from her. I know what you mean Jackie about it being hard to stay away. I love my family here. I think that Pammy is also on FB and back to work and that may be true with the others. Hard to do everything. So gals, just a quick check in to let us know all is well.
    Stef
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    fauxma said:

I know Tasha had some
    I know Tasha had some problems with her emails etc and that may be why we haven't heard from her. I know what you mean Jackie about it being hard to stay away. I love my family here. I think that Pammy is also on FB and back to work and that may be true with the others. Hard to do everything. So gals, just a quick check in to let us know all is well.
    Stef

You ladies give us newbies so much HOPE
    for our future. It's nice to see women who are doing well after going through we're in the middle of and wondering about our futures....

Amen.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Mama G said:

for our future. It's nice to see women who are doing well after going through we're in the middle of and wondering about our futures....

Amen.

About Tasha
    I was getting e-mails from her and they have stopped. I hope it's just computer problems.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Miss Moopy Replies
    Well, even though the Moopinator wasn't mentioned, I am going to be vain and include myself in your list and chime in to say I miss you, too, Stef!

I think of you often-- I just miss you. I remember this last summer, when you and Cat and Tasha and Claudia and Pammy and Christmas Girl and Jeanne and so many others had me literally laughing til it hurt and I had tears in my eyes. Will never forget the hedgehog recipe.

Every one of you is in my heart. I may not have your address or have your name listed here, but I have you in my heart. And so does Aortus.

As for my absence, I went back to a different position at work, no longer sitting at my desk and writing e-mails as I listen to NPR. I'm on the phone all day instead. Even at just 3 days, I am so tired. Plus, I am getting physical therapy on my left arm 2 or 3 times a week and trying to do all the typical daily chore things, and also get out and have some fun. I do visit FB, as some know, but lately I've been too tired of staring at a work computer screen to do more than pop in ever once in awhile, as here, to contribute what I can, and see that my dear friends are ok.

Tasha e-mailed me awhile back on FB and reported computer problems, a hacker. She created a new profile and sent a new friend request. I thought I was having a chemo brain moment as I thought I'd added her already. Her artwork is getting recognition, and is being displayed at a local shop! I am so proud of her. If I hear from her myself, I will report in. I am hoping that it is just computer issues still and her art work and moving on with life that has kept our Turquoise Girl away.

About Mimi, remember that she has always avoided posting on weekends and holidays and days at a time. She did express once that she needed to step back from online bc activities and sites as she felt she was not moving on but keeping-bc-on-her-mind. If she were fearful and experiencing any bc-related issues, I believe she would come to us. Or she would post her fears at youngsurvivors.org, which she has not as far as I have seen. If she needed us, she would let us know, I hope...

As for me, I miss everyone, just like Stef. I'm hoping to get my energy back to be a more "there" friend. The plaque that Taleena sent and I have prominently displayed is true of our friendships:

"We'll be friends forever, won't we,Pooh,?" asked Piglet.

"Even longer," Pooh answered.
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    ops so sorry Stef, I have
    ops so sorry Stef, I have been neglectful in my following of the board. I don't really have an excuse other then I am a space cadet, and I am addicted to farmville. Yes I know that makes me a bad sister. Bad Tj bad.
    However I am sure all are glad to here that it is not because I have been ill, I am still dancing with ned. I have been getting on with my life somewhat, and that is a good thing. I will try my best to continue on with getting on with my life and staying in touch.
    Stef, I have missed you, I have in face missed all of the sisters I know, and am hopping to get to know all the new sisters that sadly had to find us.
    For now take care, I will post soon, I am on a little get away, and wont be back till next week some time.
    My Love to all of you
    tj
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    ops double post dang
    ops so sorry Stef, I have been neglectful in my following of the board. I don't really have an excuse other then I am a space cadet, and I am addicted to farmville. Yes I know that makes me a bad sister. Bad Tj bad.
    However I am sure all are glad to here that it is not because I have been ill, I am still dancing with ned. I have been getting on with my life somewhat, and that is a good thing. I will try my best to continue on with getting on with my life and staying in touch.
    Stef, I have missed you, I have in face missed all of the sisters I know, and am hopping to get to know all the new sisters that sadly had to find us.
    For now take care, I will post soon, I am on a little get away, and wont be back till next week some time.
    My Love to all of you
    tj
  • fauxma
    Moopy23 said:

Miss Moopy Replies
    Well, even though the Moopinator wasn't mentioned, I am going to be vain and include myself in your list and chime in to say I miss you, too, Stef!

I think of you often-- I just miss you. I remember this last summer, when you and Cat and Tasha and Claudia and Pammy and Christmas Girl and Jeanne and so many others had me literally laughing til it hurt and I had tears in my eyes. Will never forget the hedgehog recipe.

Every one of you is in my heart. I may not have your address or have your name listed here, but I have you in my heart. And so does Aortus.

As for my absence, I went back to a different position at work, no longer sitting at my desk and writing e-mails as I listen to NPR. I'm on the phone all day instead. Even at just 3 days, I am so tired. Plus, I am getting physical therapy on my left arm 2 or 3 times a week and trying to do all the typical daily chore things, and also get out and have some fun. I do visit FB, as some know, but lately I've been too tired of staring at a work computer screen to do more than pop in ever once in awhile, as here, to contribute what I can, and see that my dear friends are ok.

Tasha e-mailed me awhile back on FB and reported computer problems, a hacker. She created a new profile and sent a new friend request. I thought I was having a chemo brain moment as I thought I'd added her already. Her artwork is getting recognition, and is being displayed at a local shop! I am so proud of her. If I hear from her myself, I will report in. I am hoping that it is just computer issues still and her art work and moving on with life that has kept our Turquoise Girl away.

About Mimi, remember that she has always avoided posting on weekends and holidays and days at a time. She did express once that she needed to step back from online bc activities and sites as she felt she was not moving on but keeping-bc-on-her-mind. If she were fearful and experiencing any bc-related issues, I believe she would come to us. Or she would post her fears at youngsurvivors.org, which she has not as far as I have seen. If she needed us, she would let us know, I hope...

As for me, I miss everyone, just like Stef. I'm hoping to get my energy back to be a more "there" friend. The plaque that Taleena sent and I have prominently displayed is true of our friendships:

"We'll be friends forever, won't we,Pooh,?" asked Piglet.

"Even longer," Pooh answered.

Oh, Ms. Moopy how could I
    Oh, Ms. Moopy how could I forget you, sweetie pie. I too enjoyed the summer of the Hedgehog. So good to hear from you. We knew that you had the new job and how Aortus was of you and how well you are doing at it. It can be difficult to work, FB, CSN, and live the rest of life. And thank you so much for the Tasha update. I knew she had hacker problems and that was why I thought she hasn't been online. So glad to hear her artwork is being recognized. I want her to have much success. And now that you mentioned it, I do remember Mimi saying that she was pulling back a bit. She too, has started a new job and I am sure that must take up time. I love the Pooh, Piglet remark. I love Pooh and his friends. They have such charm and we all know people that seem so like the characters. I am so glad to hear from you. I thought maybe you were doing a solo tour and leaving our band behind, but I should have known you would never abandon us for simple fame and fortune.
    SO again, so happy to see your sweet face and hear your words. I will try to think of something scathingly brillant to say and make you laugh. But for now, just know that hearing from you lifted my spirits.
    Stef
  • fauxma
    tjhay said:

ops so sorry Stef, I have
    My Love to all of you
    tj

TJ, another sister checking
    TJ, another sister checking in. Hooray. I am so glad to hear that your are still dancing with NED. Hope it's a permanent relationship. And it is so good to know that the reason for many of the absences are good ones. I understand that FV is very addictive but what a nice thing to be hooked on. It's nice to see that many of our sisters are moving on. That also gives courage and hope to the newbies. That life finds it's new norm. We are so much more than our cancers and this proves it so well. And enjoy your getaway. Perhaps, you can give us a new avatar challenge when you return. I have tried to think of one but I am in a dry spell. Even my humor is on hiatus. Not that I'm not happy, just not rolling in the aisles funny right now. LOL. Again, glad to hear from you and enjoy your time off.
    Stef
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Mama G said:

Amen.

Inspiration!
    Lorraine, I just love your fortitude and great attitude! We are the next up & coming generation, lol. As I'm sure you recognize many on this list as I do because they were our saviors during our big time of need (not like it's over or anything, but things don't quite feel as 'doom & gloom' as they did at first). Most of that I owe to soooo many wonderful people on this site! Hopefully, if we give even just one person this very same feeling, it will all seem worth it!

I just LOVE your new pic on here BTW, as it truly expresses what we should ALL feel like!
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Hugs~Hugs~Hugs~
    Can't miss me I just won't go away! I too have been missing phoenixrising, bfbear, joycelouise amongst others. Hugs to all and sweet wishes of GREAT HEALTH going out to all.

RE
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I look at it as our little
    I look at it as our little birdies have learned to use their wings. We should be happy for them. I guess that was the purpose all along.

I confess tho, I miss them too.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Lost in space......
    Thanks, Susan, for letting us know we were being missed on the boards!
    Steeeeeeefffff....(she runs with open arms as she giggles!)!!!!!
    You gave me such a fuzzy warm feeling by missing me! I miss everyone too!! I really, really need a few more hours in the day to do all the things I want to!! Which would include posting here daily. I think my life after cancer has gotten busier than prior!
    I am back to work full time!! We are very, very busy and I, too, am addicted to FB. (Sigh)...It at least creates a harmless escape! I invite everyone to try it! Then you can be my neighbor!! (nooooooo....I am NOT cheating by inviting hundreds of people at one time!).
    Tuesday I go for my first mammo and check up with all my Docs in Pittsburgh. I am staying positive on the results. Alright, you caught me! I am shaking in my boots (that would be if I was actually wearing boots, I would be shaking in them!).
    I am having PT done on my arm starting next week. Absolutely LOVE the Ortho Doc!! Even though he used a 10 foot needle into my joint! OK, that wasn't true....it was only 8 foot!!
    I am struggling with the fatique (post treatment) and struggling with trying to lose the 15lb weight gain from the past year. There has to be a way to diet WITHOUT giving up ice-cream!!
    I hope everyone is hanging in there!
    Hubby is starring at me b/c we were getting ready to run to the store when I said, "wait! There is something I have to do or I will forget." Here I am 15 minutes later still typing away!!
    I am sending all of you gigantic cyber hugs!! Take care and I will try to pop in more than once a month!!
    Pammy
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Akiss4me said:

Lost in space......
    You gave me such a fuzzy warm feeling by missing me! I miss everyone too!! I really, really need a few more hours in the day to do all the things I want to!! Which would include posting here daily. I think my life after cancer has gotten busier than prior!
    I am back to work full time!! We are very, very busy and I, too, am addicted to FB. (Sigh)...It at least creates a harmless escape! I invite everyone to try it! Then you can be my neighbor!! (nooooooo....I am NOT cheating by inviting hundreds of people at one time!).
    Tuesday I go for my first mammo and check up with all my Docs in Pittsburgh. I am staying positive on the results. Alright, you caught me! I am shaking in my boots (that would be if I was actually wearing boots, I would be shaking in them!).
    I am having PT done on my arm starting next week. Absolutely LOVE the Ortho Doc!! Even though he used a 10 foot needle into my joint! OK, that wasn't true....it was only 8 foot!!
    I am struggling with the fatique (post treatment) and struggling with trying to lose the 15lb weight gain from the past year. There has to be a way to diet WITHOUT giving up ice-cream!!
    Hubby is starring at me b/c we were getting ready to run to the store when I said, "wait! There is something I have to do or I will forget." Here I am 15 minutes later still typing away!!
    I am sending all of you gigantic cyber hugs!! Take care and I will try to pop in more than once a month!!
    Pammy

Well Pammy it looks like we
    Well Pammy it looks like we finally got back in sync... you have your first mammo on Monday... mines Tuesday... and like you shaking in my boots... specially when they called it a "Diagnostic Mammo"... I don't like that word...that's the word they used when they diagnosed me last May...We can shake together...and celebrate our good news...

My love to all..

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • fauxma
    taleena said:

Well Pammy it looks like we finally got back in sync... you have your first mammo on Monday... mines Tuesday... and like you shaking in my boots... specially when they called it a "Diagnostic Mammo"... I don't like that word...that's the word they used when they diagnosed me last May...We can shake together...and celebrate our good news...

My love to all..

♥ & hugs,

~T

Taleena
    The three of us

Taleena

The three of us (Pammy, you and me) will all have pressing issues next week. LOL I think they use the word diagnostic because it is a cancer follow up mammo. When I went for my first one in August they took the regular ones and then did the other ones where they are looking at the specific area where the cancer was. They did both breasts because it was almost a year from my last one but only the regular views on the left. This time (it has been six months) they will only do the right breast (that had cancer). Last time I had to come back the next day to have an ultrasound on that breast. It was all fine just a precaution. They would have done the ultrasound that same day but it was late (4:30 or 5:00) and the ultrasound tech was gone. This time I am doing a 8:30 am appointment so if I need to have an ultrasound it can be done the same day. That's because it's a 80 mile round trip. I could do them closer to home but I really like the techs where I go. They are gentle and thorough.
    SO I will be there holding your hand and Pammy's hand (maybe I should hold you and Pammy's knee's) and then you can both be there holding my hand. Can you imagine standing there and the tech gets you all set up and goes to leave the room and then hears your knees knocking together. They can't figure out what it is, sounds like something wrong with the machine. Then they have to get someone in to see what's wrong with the machine. See a good reason not to quake or shake. LOL After we find out all is good we will celebrate with ice cream and cake. I know I will because the next day is my grandson's fifth birthday and we are having a pirate party.
    Stef
  • fauxma
    Akiss4me said:

Lost in space......
    Pammy

Happy to hear it is all good
    Pammy,
    Happy to hear it is all good and that you are busy and happy and working and playing on FB and just getting on with life. I loved the running and giggling (I am too and hugging you tight). I know what you mean about more hours in the day and the telling the hubby Just a minute dear. Mine doesn't even say anything, just takes a seat until I get on a jacket and my purse and say Let's Go. I hope you find a diet that includes ice cream (and cake) cause I hate giving those two things up. I'm diabetic but I still have them occasionally. It's alright within limits (my problem is the limits). I also go for a mammo on Friday. I refuse to worry about it. It won't change anything and when it is okay I will kick myself for wasting the energy with worry. But I can understand the shaking in the boots. I did that more with my first cancer and then I saw that fretting and shaking was just taking time from enjoying all the rest of the time so I gradually stopped worrying. That was ten years ago and after time, I just treat these all as a regular check up. No different than my first mammo or any other routine exam. It might take time but I hope there will come a time when all my sisters will go to these appointments with that same mindset. For me, if it turns out not so good, then I will start to worry or more importantly to fight.
    I think the fatigue is the worst part. I am still tired and nap and I don't work so I can't imagine how tiring that can be.
    Big hugs back to you Pammy and enjoy life and check in now and again. And let us know how well your mammo went.
    Stef
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    taleena said:

My love to all..

♥ & hugs,

~T

LOL
    Dear T...I'm Tuseday. Could you be Monday? Maybe we are having them done on the same day? ROFLOL.....didn't matter who was ahead or behind the whole time because, in the end, we ended up in the same place! High five!! Pammy
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    fauxma said:

Happy to hear it is all good
    Pammy,
    Happy to hear it is all good and that you are busy and happy and working and playing on FB and just getting on with life. I loved the running and giggling (I am too and hugging you tight). I know what you mean about more hours in the day and the telling the hubby Just a minute dear. Mine doesn't even say anything, just takes a seat until I get on a jacket and my purse and say Let's Go. I hope you find a diet that includes ice cream (and cake) cause I hate giving those two things up. I'm diabetic but I still have them occasionally. It's alright within limits (my problem is the limits). I also go for a mammo on Friday. I refuse to worry about it. It won't change anything and when it is okay I will kick myself for wasting the energy with worry. But I can understand the shaking in the boots. I did that more with my first cancer and then I saw that fretting and shaking was just taking time from enjoying all the rest of the time so I gradually stopped worrying. That was ten years ago and after time, I just treat these all as a regular check up. No different than my first mammo or any other routine exam. It might take time but I hope there will come a time when all my sisters will go to these appointments with that same mindset. For me, if it turns out not so good, then I will start to worry or more importantly to fight.
    I think the fatigue is the worst part. I am still tired and nap and I don't work so I can't imagine how tiring that can be.
    Big hugs back to you Pammy and enjoy life and check in now and again. And let us know how well your mammo went.
    Stef

This entire thread...
    Was an awesome Valentine's Day gift!

Thanks, Stef. You started it... :-)

• sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    I'm glad you posted this.
    I'm glad you posted this. While I am new, I follow you all and miss and worry when "a regular" hasn't posted lately. I mostly read, post occaisionally and enjoy immensely.

I am curious about the hedgehog!

Sue