Have been kind of away for a while...

outdoorgirl
outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I know I have kind of been away for a while,I guess getting on with life and knowing that you are great at taking care of each other here.Yet I still come back because of the friendships and the common bond that I really can't get anywhere else except for the few bc friends I have locally.Getting on today let me see that I still need and want to come back to this board.So I still won't be on as often as I used to,but more often than I have lately. Thanks for always being here,my bc sisters!

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    So good to see you back, Outdoorgirl!
    You were a pretty regular poster when I first came here back in the summer, and have given me so much encouragement and great advice through my journey.

While many of our new ladies and men have brought such great spirit, too, it hasn't seemed the same without you!

Traci
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    It's all about helping each
    It's all about helping each other so that we can get on with our lives. so happy you are getting back to some of the moving and shaking part of life. The comraderie is so wonderful on these boards and I'm happy to see you posting.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    So good to see you back,
    So good to see you back, Outdoorgirl, you were missed. I, too, joined in August and read many posts you responded to. Glad you'll be here more often and I agree the "common bond" is amazing.
  • dbs1673
    dbs1673 Member Posts: 203
    MyTurnNow said:

So good to see you back,
    So good to see you back, Outdoorgirl, you were missed. I, too, joined in August and read many posts you responded to. Glad you'll be here more often and I agree the "common bond" is amazing.

out of "site" but not out of thoughts
    Me too...haven't posted in a while but still come here to check in. I had my 1 1/2 year check up. I was a bit nervious as I discovered a lump near the incision line which I had heard is the area to be most cautious of. Dr ran the ultrasound and saw nothing but scar tissue. I had radiation and was assured it really is to be expected. Guess the body still needs to do its own adjusting and changing..just like the inner self. All in all got an "excellent" report.

keeping you all in my thoughts-
  • outdoorgirl
    dbs1673 said:

out of "site" but not out of thoughts
    Me too...haven't posted in a while but still come here to check in. I had my 1 1/2 year check up. I was a bit nervious as I discovered a lump near the incision line which I had heard is the area to be most cautious of. Dr ran the ultrasound and saw nothing but scar tissue. I had radiation and was assured it really is to be expected. Guess the body still needs to do its own adjusting and changing..just like the inner self. All in all got an "excellent" report.

keeping you all in my thoughts-

It's nice to
    be missed,and dbs,I am so glad that it was only scar tissue!!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    How nice to see you here
    How nice to see you here today! You have indeed been missed~ thanks for checking in with us! It is wonderful you havr been living the Life After Cancer; that's what it's all about, isn't it?

Good about the scar tissue too...always a scare lurking and trying to mess with our psyches, great that you put that one to rest!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Happy to see you!
    Well I am glad to hear you are getting on with life it is always good to see a bc sister pop in from time to time to say hello and share a bit of her wisdom. Sounds like things are going well for you and that is wonderful!

Hugs,

RE
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Good
    Good to hear that you are back to stay!!! We missed you.

P
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    aztec45 said:

Good
    Good to hear that you are back to stay!!! We missed you.

P

Happy to hear
    that you are doing well and coming back to stay with us. We missed you and happy having you back.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Hi, Patty!
    Many here seem to come and then go, departing for Life After Cancer... We miss them - yet, wish them well with compassion and understanding. And many, like you (and me), find kinship here not quite the same as anywhere else.

As I've stated so very many times before here on the board - only those who actually walk the journey in pink shoes can truly connect with all it entails.

Besides - this amazing group truly needs, I believe, as many long/longer term survivors as can possibly stick around here to help instill much needed hope for others newer to the experience.

Glad you checked in! :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    OutdoorGirl....
    we still have to schedule that "reboobing" ceremony with Christmas Girl. Vegas Baby!
    Cat
  • outdoorgirl
    cats_toy said:

OutdoorGirl....
    we still have to schedule that "reboobing" ceremony with Christmas Girl. Vegas Baby!
    Cat

You're crazy
    Cat,and I love it...WhooooHooooo!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Outdoor Girl,
    I feel so

Outdoor Girl,
    I feel so remiss I didn't even respond to hearing from you and it is so good to see you posting. You are another of the gals that I was missing. So glad you will be checking in once in awhile. We do have a special bond here and it is good to get that fix occasionally. We all know that whether we were diagnosed yesterday or years and years ago that our family here understands us in a way that it difficult for anyone else to know. Again, glad you posted. Friendships are so precious and these more than many.
    Stef
  • outdoorgirl
    fauxma said:

Outdoor Girl,
    I feel so

Outdoor Girl,
    I feel so remiss I didn't even respond to hearing from you and it is so good to see you posting. You are another of the gals that I was missing. So glad you will be checking in once in awhile. We do have a special bond here and it is good to get that fix occasionally. We all know that whether we were diagnosed yesterday or years and years ago that our family here understands us in a way that it difficult for anyone else to know. Again, glad you posted. Friendships are so precious and these more than many.
    Stef

Stef,
    you're fine!I've missed you too and it's good to see you!