Taxotere tomorrow--Need your prayers

2»

Comments

• Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    natly15 said:

Thank you are all the prayers and hugs
    Taxotere went fine yesterday! I am so relieved!!

My onc, the nurses and the pharmacist coudnt have been nicer. Everyone was aware and so on top of things. They gave me adavan and started the infusion very slowly. I am pleased to announce that it was an easy day. Praise God! Getting ready to go back for my neulasta shot today.

YEAH! Glad this one went
    YEAH! Glad this one went better for you.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    natly15 said:

My onc, the nurses and the pharmacist coudnt have been nicer. Everyone was aware and so on top of things. They gave me adavan and started the infusion very slowly. I am pleased to announce that it was an easy day. Praise God! Getting ready to go back for my neulasta shot today.

So relieved for you, Cousin Natly!
    I had a similar allergic reaction to Taxotere that you had to Taxol, so was so nervous for you! After all, it could be that these reactions run in families, and we already know you and I must be related somehow! :-)

I'm SO glad to hear that things went well -- my chemo nurse also had to drip Taxotere verrrrrrrrry slowly for me, and also ran it with saline -- my girlfriend always said it was like when she had to give her kids baby Tylenol, and would hide it in applesauce. It was like they were telling my body, "No, no, there's no Taxotere there, it's just saline -- you like saline, remember? Yum, yum!"

:-) Traci
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    natly15 said:

Fantastic
    Fantastic. I am so glad that things went well for you. Take claritin for a few days when you get the shot. It helps relieve the joint pain.

P
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Hugs & lots of prayers
    Sending you huge hugs & many, many prayers.

Hugs,
    Tina
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    natly15 said:

Taxotere
    Such great news....so happy things went well.

Judy
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Tinabug said:

Hugs & lots of prayers
    Sending you huge hugs & many, many prayers.

Hugs,
    Tina

I so appreciate all you
    I so appreciate all you people on these boards. Thank you for all the good wishes. I feel the warmth of those cyber hugs and all those many prayers. Today I'm fatigued, but hey it could be a lot worse. I'm so grateful Tuesday went ok. God bless all of you dear sisters in pink. Hugs and prayers back to all of you.
  • Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    natly15 said:

I so appreciate all you
    I so appreciate all you people on these boards. Thank you for all the good wishes. I feel the warmth of those cyber hugs and all those many prayers. Today I'm fatigued, but hey it could be a lot worse. I'm so grateful Tuesday went ok. God bless all of you dear sisters in pink. Hugs and prayers back to all of you.

Natly, I've been out of
    Natly, I've been out of touch for a few days, back home now from Florida. I did keep you in my prayers and glad to hear things went better for you. What a blessing and relief. Rest up and then celebrate by doing something special for just you. Many hugs coming your way.
  • Sicilia929
    Sicilia929 Member Posts: 8
    You have my prayers. I also
    You have my prayers. I also had a severe reaction to Taxotere on my second infusion. Neck and face turned apple red, immediate striated pains in my lower back and my breathing was getting difficult. The nurses were incredible!! They sent me home that day, too.
    They wanted to 'desensitize" my body to the Taxotere, but I opted out. I figure if my body said NO....that's good enough for me. We all have to do what we feel is right. We are NOT cookie cutter patients and I do not believe there is a cookie cutter cure/treatment for estrogen receptive breast cancer. I have opted out of the Femara as well. When I had my lumpectomy I also had a 16 cm fibroid removed along with my left ovary and fallopian tube. I did alot of research on Femara and I am not willing to give 5 years of my life to feeling like I am 90. But more importantly, I am a portrait artist. Knew I had the talent at age 6. I define myself as an artist and living on earth for 5 years with arthritic hands and/or trigger finger(s) is not acceptable in my life.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    natly15 said:

I so appreciate all you

Good to hear from you Natly!
    Good to hear from you Natly! Glad Tuesday went ok for you!