TX #8 tomorrow

Kathryn_in_MN
Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
In just over 6 hours, I'll be in the clinic getting chemo. After disconnect on Saturday, I'll ge over 2/3 there!

Comments

• mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Kathryn
    Way to go!! You're almost there. Before you know it #12 will be but a distant memory.

(Unfortunately the Vikings loss 4 weeks ago is still in my memory... :(. We're Vikings fans out here in the land of Giants and Jets...).

Amy
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    mom_2_3 said:

Kathryn
    Way to go!! You're almost there. Before you know it #12 will be but a distant memory.

(Unfortunately the Vikings loss 4 weeks ago is still in my memory... :(. We're Vikings fans out here in the land of Giants and Jets...).

Amy

The time will fly by!
    The time will fly by! Glad to hear you are almost there.
  • Brenda3.16
    Brenda3.16 Member Posts: 209

The time will fly by!
    The time will fly by! Glad to hear you are almost there.

Good Luck ! You will be
    Good Luck ! You will be done before you know it.

Brenda
  • GOOFYLADIE
    GOOFYLADIE Member Posts: 232 Member
    Way to go Kathryn
    I know you have had your share of ups and downs during your treatment. My mom would tell me we wouldn't understand or know the good things if we didn't have the bad to know the difference. My smart remark was "you wear my shoes for awhile", then I would tease her and tell her she couldn't handle it. But, in reality, my mom could dance rings around me to this day, she is one of the strongest people I know for all kinds of reasons. You are doing a fantastic job getting thru this beast, keep your head up, ask questions, ask again and keep moving forward. Great, great job, your almost there. YEAH!!!! Hugs
    Goofyladie (Cass)
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Way to go Kathryn!

Way to go Kathryn!
  • msviclav
    msviclav Member Posts: 9
    number seven coming for me
    Thursday makes number 7 for me only down side is I thought in the beginning he told me 10 meaning almost done, but he told me last time there was 12 treatments. So that was a depressing day. But the trip is half over and going down the home stretch, light at the end of the tunnel as they say. Good luck, I am hoping the last treatments go as fast as the first 6
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Congratulations
    Just 4 more. That is great!

On Tuesday I will be going for my 6th..Yay! Halftime. I am hoping if all goes well I will be through and able to drive 7 hours to my daughters' college graduation in May. Something to look forward to.

Hang in there. Just 4 more..just 4 more:)
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    You're strong
    You can do it!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • ann2008
    ann2008 Member Posts: 118
    Jaylo969 said:

Congratulations
    Just 4 more. That is great!

On Tuesday I will be going for my 6th..Yay! Halftime. I am hoping if all goes well I will be through and able to drive 7 hours to my daughters' college graduation in May. Something to look forward to.

Hang in there. Just 4 more..just 4 more:)

Good luck to all of you!
    All of you going through chemo have my thoughts and prayers with you. Please let your docs know if the reaction to cold gets worse or lasts longer than the last time. I think if I had known to watch closer then maybe I would not have had reaction, but hindsight... Just pay close attention to the oxyplatin. Ann
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    hope it went alright
    Hi Kathryn,

I'm not seeing this until 12:30 a.m. Thursday night/Friday morning- so you obviously already had your chemo. I hope that it went alright today. Do give us your update when you're able. Here's hoping you're able to get some rest and that those steroids have done their job, but will wear off soon so you can sleep!

Take care,
    Lisa
  • Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    I hope everything went well.
    I hope everything went well. 2/3 the way there!! Hang in there.
    Roger
  • pluckey
    pluckey Member Posts: 484 Member
    ahh, so good to see the
    ahh, so good to see the finish line inching nearer!!!

((HUGS))

Peggy
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    pluckey said:

ahh, so good to see the
    ahh, so good to see the finish line inching nearer!!!

((HUGS))

Peggy

Almost Home Kathryn.......
    There is a light at the end of the tunnel isn't there ? :) and this time its not a train...all positive thoughts now, all positive...Love and Hope to you, Buzz
  • luv3jay
    luv3jay Member Posts: 533 Member
    YAY you!!! Keep pressing
    YAY you!!! Keep pressing forward, it will be over before you know it!

-Sheri