Hair Loss

Smalzy
Smalzy Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I just finished my second round of chemo and my hair is falling out like crazy. My scalp is also very tender. Is this normal? Will it ease up if I shave my whole head, or does that make any difference?

Also, have any of you had any burning/pressure in your upper chest after chemo (possibly related to the port catheter)?

Comments

• cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    Smalzy
    Welcome to this site, although I'm sorry you have to be here.
    When my hair started to come out it handfuls I asked my hubby to buzz it. My head was also tender, and it felt much better after it was buzzed.

I don't have a port and haven't experienced the type of pain you're describing but perhaps someone else will be able to help with that.

Come back often. This place is a wonderful resource.

Take care,

Cindy
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Smalzy, I just wanted to
    Smalzy, I just wanted to welcome you to this amazing site. You'll get lots of information here. I, like Cindy, had a tender scalp when my hair started coming out. It made all the difference in the world to buzz it. I didn't have a port either so I can't answer that one but I'm sure someong will come along soon with information. Continue to post and we'll be here for you. Take care.
  • rene9
    rene9 Member Posts: 214
    Hi
    I will go for my 2nd treatment tomorrow of TAC and I did not have a burning feeling. Be sure to mention this to your Oncologist, you may need to have the port adjusted. Also, my hair has been shedding like crazy for the past 2 weeks and just last night I got tired of holding on to the hair in the middle and asked my husband to shave it off. My head was very tender and now it actually feels better. LOL, my son gets his head shape from me!

rene9
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    rene9 said:

Hi
    I will go for my 2nd treatment tomorrow of TAC and I did not have a burning feeling. Be sure to mention this to your Oncologist, you may need to have the port adjusted. Also, my hair has been shedding like crazy for the past 2 weeks and just last night I got tired of holding on to the hair in the middle and asked my husband to shave it off. My head was very tender and now it actually feels better. LOL, my son gets his head shape from me!

rene9

I wonder if its an
    I wonder if its an indigestion thing, or something other than the port any way you should mention it, I didnt have a port either but I would have a sore throat etc... because it affects all along your digetive tract.