I Hope

aztec45
aztec45 Member Posts: 757
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I hope that everyone has a good week. I hope that all the tests, scans, treatments, surgeries, and appointments go well and move you one step closer to the big dance with NED.

Take care,

P

Comments

• Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Good Morning Aztec,
    What a wonderful way to start the week. Just 2 minutes ago I looked in the mirrow, no hair, no eyebrows or lashes and thought about everyone on this board. We are all in various stages of diagnosis, treatment or thankfully out of treatment, sitting at our computers holding out our hands hoping to touch one another passing on support, strength, love. Sometimes we are the receivers and sometimes the givers. It's all pretty amazing and wonderful.

We revel in each others joys and cry with one another's heartbreaks. We become fast friends without ever knowing each other except for this one thing that bonds us together like no other thing I know. I feel blessed to be a part of it.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Skeezie said:

Good Morning Aztec,
    What a wonderful way to start the week. Just 2 minutes ago I looked in the mirrow, no hair, no eyebrows or lashes and thought about everyone on this board. We are all in various stages of diagnosis, treatment or thankfully out of treatment, sitting at our computers holding out our hands hoping to touch one another passing on support, strength, love. Sometimes we are the receivers and sometimes the givers. It's all pretty amazing and wonderful.

We revel in each others joys and cry with one another's heartbreaks. We become fast friends without ever knowing each other except for this one thing that bonds us together like no other thing I know. I feel blessed to be a part of it.

Your right Judy, This bond
    Your right Judy, This bond is very strong. So, Are you and Aztec sharing the same cat here ! lol
  • Skeezie
    Kat11 said:

Your right Judy, This bond is very strong. So, Are you and Aztec sharing the same cat here ! lol

Hi Kat,
    Yes, she lives one week with me and the next with Aztec and back and back and forth! lol

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Thank you thank you aztec.
    Thank you thank you aztec. I'm scheduled for chemo tomorrow with taxotere. I had a terrible reaction to taxol last month so I'm asking for prayers that all goes well tomorrow.
  • aztec45
    Skeezie said:

Good Morning Aztec,

I Could Not
    I could not have said it better. And, your hair and eyebrows will grow back. Mine has started to grow back within the past month.

Take care,

P
  • aztec45
    natly15 said:

Thank you thank you aztec. I'm scheduled for chemo tomorrow with taxotere. I had a terrible reaction to taxol last month so I'm asking for prayers that all goes well tomorrow.

Hang In There
    Hang in there Nat. You will get through it. With taxotere, I experienced stomach issues and mouth sores. Don't freak, just if you start to experience this, take the meds for it and make sure you rinse your mouth frequently.

Let me know how you do.

P
  • aztec45
    Kat11 said:

Yes
    Yes. We share feelings, sorrows, joys and cats. Whatever it takes to get through this.

Take care,

P
  • Skeezie
    aztec45 said:

Hang In There
    Hang in there Nat. You will get through it. With taxotere, I experienced stomach issues and mouth sores. Don't freak, just if you start to experience this, take the meds for it and make sure you rinse your mouth frequently.

Let me know how you do.

P

Hi Natly,
    I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I just finished 4 cycles of C/T and my symptoms were feeling like I had the flu and the big "D" and food tasted disgusting. But some of those symptoms may have been Cytoxin too. Hope you have a better time with the new meds.

Good luck.

Hey Aztec, what time should I pick up "our" cat? lol
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    natly15 said:

Natly
    I'll be praying that you tolerate the Taxotere much better than you were able to the Taxol.

I've finished 3 of 4 Cytoxan/Taxotere, and had very few problems. Mostly the yucky mouth taste, which hit about 4-5 days after the chemo (using Biotene toothpaste & mouthwash after EVERY meal helped this a lot - and fortunately it subsided after about 3-4 days) and just feeling indigestion for about a week after the treatment. I had constipation, but others have reported D instead. The only other problem I've had is just feeling tired most of the time, which seems to be getting a little more pronounced with each treatment, but I've been able to continue working full time with just taking a few days off for each treatment, so it's definitely doable.

You'll have lots of sisters there with you holding your hand tomorrow!

(((HUGZ)))
    Cindy
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

Natly
    I'll be praying that you tolerate the Taxotere much better than you were able to the Taxol.

I've finished 3 of 4 Cytoxan/Taxotere, and had very few problems. Mostly the yucky mouth taste, which hit about 4-5 days after the chemo (using Biotene toothpaste & mouthwash after EVERY meal helped this a lot - and fortunately it subsided after about 3-4 days) and just feeling indigestion for about a week after the treatment. I had constipation, but others have reported D instead. The only other problem I've had is just feeling tired most of the time, which seems to be getting a little more pronounced with each treatment, but I've been able to continue working full time with just taking a few days off for each treatment, so it's definitely doable.

You'll have lots of sisters there with you holding your hand tomorrow!

(((HUGZ)))
    Cindy

Sure do apprciate your
    Sure do apprciate your prayers and support,. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow,. Thanks a bunch
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    natly15 said:

Sure do apprciate your
    Sure do apprciate your prayers and support,. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow,. Thanks a bunch

I hope, too...
    For all of us here. For all of our pink sisters, no matter where they may be. For all cancer patients and survivors, no matter what type.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867

I hope, too...
    For all of us here. For all of our pink sisters, no matter where they may be. For all cancer patients and survivors, no matter what type.

Kind regards, Susan

Aztec ♥
    What beautiful words to write! I echo your message! Thank you for writing it!</♥</font>

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    aztec45 said:

Yes
    Yes. We share feelings, sorrows, joys and cats. Whatever it takes to get through this.

Take care,

P

Thanks Aztec!
    I just hope to try and log on here someday and there is a huge CLOSED sign due to the cure of cancer!

Kristin ♥
  • aztec45
    Kristin N said:

Thanks Aztec!
    I just hope to try and log on here someday and there is a huge CLOSED sign due to the cure of cancer!

Kristin ♥

Copy That
    Copy that, Kristin. Can you imagine? I think I would have to get on Facebook then, look you guys all up (because I would miss you) and take up farming. :)

P
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Thanks Pat... I have the
    Thanks Pat... I have the same hope.. for everyone..

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • aztec45
    taleena said:

Thanks Pat... I have the
    Thanks Pat... I have the same hope.. for everyone..

♥ & hugs,

~T

Hey, Lady
    Hey, Lady,

Are you doing alright? Did you have a good B-Day? Looks like you are up early. Is that your normal time to get up or what? Stay warm this weekend and have a happy Valentine's Day.

P
  • aztec45
    Jeanne D said:

Aztec ♥
    What beautiful words to write! I echo your message! Thank you for writing it!</♥</font>

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>

Jeanne
    Thanks for the echo. Listen, I was going to ask you if the FB thing is pretty secure. It sounds like a lot of fun but I have already had to have the Geek Squad fix a computer of mine when it got some trojan virus. Let me know.

P