Just wanted to share...

outdoorgirl
outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just wanted to share with you guys-my husband and I help out with the youth group at our church and one day one of our Senior highers asked me if I could buy pink armbands for his indoor soccer team so his team could all wear them to support me(knowing that I am a bc survivor)!How wonderful that someone his age cares enough about me and all of us that he pursuaded his team to do this!
Just wanted to tell you about it!

Comments

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Patty ♥
    That is so wonderful Patty! I have been so amazed also by so many, especially when they named the Relay For Life team after me. Things like what happened to you and to me..really touch our hearts! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Jeanne D said:

Patty ♥
    That is so wonderful Patty! I have been so amazed also by so many, especially when they named the Relay For Life team after me. Things like what happened to you and to me..really touch our hearts! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>

Very touching.
    Patty,
    One of the things I have learned from bc is how many people care. Thanks.

Roseann
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
    Gotta love it when the ones you least expect are paying attention to our plight (because as we all know at that age they have so much going on) come to us and unknowingly touch our heart with their kindness. Sounds like you have touched theirs as well!

Hugs,

RE
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    RE said:

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
    Gotta love it when the ones you least expect are paying attention to our plight (because as we all know at that age they have so much going on) come to us and unknowingly touch our heart with their kindness. Sounds like you have touched theirs as well!

Hugs,

RE

Feel good moment, for sure!
    Thanks for sharing that with us! So much goodness in this world, but sometimes we forget.
    God bless,
    Lorraine
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Mama G said:

Feel good moment, for sure!
    Thanks for sharing that with us! So much goodness in this world, but sometimes we forget.
    God bless,
    Lorraine

Similar for me
    Last fall when I was deep into treatment a former co-worker of mine emailed me and asked if her son who was playing football could wear a pink band with my name on it. If he scored a touchdown he would dedicate it to me.

Well, he didn't score, but what a wonderful gesture! It brought tears to my eyes!

There are so many very kind people in this world.

Thanks for sharing!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Thanks for sharing. It is
    Thanks for sharing. It is very heartwarming to hear and read stories of kindness. Very touching!!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    That is...
    Awesome, Patty!

Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards, Susan
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    On a cold, rainy day, your
    On a cold, rainy day, your post made me feel warm and loved! Thanks so much for sharing such and uplifting experience with us!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    chenheart said:

On a cold, rainy day, your
    On a cold, rainy day, your post made me feel warm and loved! Thanks so much for sharing such and uplifting experience with us!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Pretty Wonderful
    and caring, thoughtful and inspiring!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Pretty Wonderful
    and caring, thoughtful and inspiring!

awesome!

awesome!
  • We Never Know How We Affect Someone
    We never know what affect we have on people until they tell us, and when they do tell us, it makes us feel sooooooo good.

You obviously had an affect on the young man that he cared to do something special for you. How wonderful!!!

Things like this bring tears to my eyes, though I never cry, but the emotion is so touching that it fills me with the love that was shown.

That had to make your day!!!!!!

Lots of Hugs and Lots of Love,
    Janelle
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    bad day
    I am having a very bad day and I really need to read something like this. Thank you for sharing everyone it shows me that there are great people out there.
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    People are awesome. Marilyn

People are awesome. Marilyn