electric razor?

Sharon40
Sharon40 Member Posts: 93
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Any suggestions for a new electric razor? I can't even lift my arm high enough yet to shave at all, but WHEN I can, it was suggested to use an electric razor. Target didn't have any women's electric razors. So any suggestions?

Comments

• jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    I think mine's a remington.
    I think mine's a remington. Walmart has women's electric razors. Rechargeable. i've had the same one for a very long time. I always used a razor before i started radiation. Was able to use the clipper edges of the electric to keep the armpit hair cut down to a more manageable length. Didn't get long enough to french braid, Thank God!!!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    jbug said:

I think mine's a remington.
    I think mine's a remington. Walmart has women's electric razors. Rechargeable. i've had the same one for a very long time. I always used a razor before i started radiation. Was able to use the clipper edges of the electric to keep the armpit hair cut down to a more manageable length. Didn't get long enough to french braid, Thank God!!!

I used a hair clipper. I
    I used a hair clipper. I never used an electric razor. I would guess it would do the same thing.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    I Bought
    I bought an electric razor and did not like it. It seemed to pull my hair. I use a cream by Avon on my legs and I am back to razors on my underarms. Let me know of a good electric razor.

Good luck,

P
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    aztec45 said:

I Bought
    I bought an electric razor and did not like it. It seemed to pull my hair. I use a cream by Avon on my legs and I am back to razors on my underarms. Let me know of a good electric razor.

Good luck,

P

I didn't use an electric
    I didn't use an electric razor because in the past I always cut myself with one. I figured I was safer with a hand razor lol. The hair came out during chemo and stopped growing in during radiation so I didn't have to shave often.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    drugstore.com
    I have a rechargeable Remington that I bought from drugstore.com, and it's been great for me during treatment.

After surgery, I was terrified to get a regular razor anywhere near my sentinel node biopsy incisions -- using an electric razor in front of the mirror felt much safer to me. During chemo, the hair under my arms never fell out, and my oncologist would only approve my using an electric razor, because of risk of infection from using a regular razor. During radiation, only the bottom half of my underarm hair fell out, and my radiation oncologist also didn't want me getting a regular razor anywhere near the treatment field, so the electric razor came to my rescue again.

It's been one of the best purchases I made during all this!

Traci