Taxotere tomorrow--Need your prayers

natly15
natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
As many of you know, I had a terrible reaction to taxol on Jan 19. My onc sent me home to rest my body and plans to use taxotere at my next infusion which is tomorrow, Tuesday Feb 9.

On the positive side, I've regained some energy and have felt more like myself since the taxol on Jan 19 had to be stopped 7 minutes into the infusion. In reality I havent had chemo since 12/28. My hair and eyebrows are starting to grow. I know the hair loss will probably begin again but I feel encouraged that yes, in time I will feel human again and even have some of the energy I once had.

My sense of humor for the most part has remained intact.

Appreciate any prayers sent my way. I'm working on reinforcing my prayers, my faith in God and the doctors that all goes well tomorrow.

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    I hope all goes well for
    I hope all goes well for you. I will keep you in my prayers.
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    I Will Be
    I will be thinking about you and praying that all goes well for you tomorrow. Good luck.

P
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Hi Natly,
    You'll have my prayers tomorrow. How many cycles of Taxotere are you scheduled to have? When I was in the hospital for my mastectomy, during the nite I actually felt everyone's prayers and got strength from them, I hope the same happens for you tomorrow and during the following days...

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • natly15
    Skeezie said:

Hi Natly,
    You'll have my prayers tomorrow. How many cycles of Taxotere are you scheduled to have? When I was in the hospital for my mastectomy, during the nite I actually felt everyone's prayers and got strength from them, I hope the same happens for you tomorrow and during the following days...

Hugs, Judy :-)

Hi Judy, I'm scheduled for 3
    Hi Judy, I'm scheduled for 3 more cycles of taxotere. I finished 4 cycles of A/C in December, had one cycle of taxol on 12/28. Had debilitating pain for 5 days after the taxol infusion. My body rejected the 2nd infusion of taxol. BP went from 116 to 178, I literally saw stars, broke out in a sweat, started shaking, they stopped it just before I passed out. It all happened within seconds of me getting a burning sensation in my esophagus. The nurses were certainly quick acting. They put me on oxygen immediately.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    natly15 said:

Hi Judy, I'm scheduled for 3 more cycles of taxotere. I finished 4 cycles of A/C in December, had one cycle of taxol on 12/28. Had debilitating pain for 5 days after the taxol infusion. My body rejected the 2nd infusion of taxol. BP went from 116 to 178, I literally saw stars, broke out in a sweat, started shaking, they stopped it just before I passed out. It all happened within seconds of me getting a burning sensation in my esophagus. The nurses were certainly quick acting. They put me on oxygen immediately.

With lots of hope...
    ... and heartfelt best wishes that things will go much better for you.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867

With lots of hope...
    ... and heartfelt best wishes that things will go much better for you.

Kind regards, Susan

Natly ♥
    I am sending the biggest prayers I have that all will go well for you!</♥</font>

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • terri805
    terri805 Member Posts: 122
    Jeanne D said:

Natly ♥
    I am sending the biggest prayers I have that all will go well for you!</♥</font>

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>

Praying for you
    Natly,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you. Good luck dear.
  • BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Wishing YOU only the Best
    Lots of prayers and hugs coming your way today.

Hoping for no side effects for you with this chemo and that you will be able to regain your strength.

Donna
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member

Hoping for no side effects for you with this chemo and that you will be able to regain your strength.

Donna

Hi Natly
    The infusion center

Hi Natly

The infusion center is going to be very full with all of us "there" with you. I also had a bad reaction to taxol so I understand your fear on starting something else. Do a lot of deep breathing to keep yourself calm. I'm sure the nurses will be watching you like a hawk so you'll be in good hands. Let us know how you are.
    Sher
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Prayers
    My thoughts & prayers are with you, Natly! You will do fine with this and be back on the road to recovery! I'm glad you're feeling better and pray that it continues for you.

Love, Mar
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Marlene_K said:

Prayers
    My thoughts & prayers are with you, Natly! You will do fine with this and be back on the road to recovery! I'm glad you're feeling better and pray that it continues for you.

Love, Mar

Wishing you the best
    Natly,

I had four rounds of taxotere and cytoxan. The worse side effect that I had was diarrhea. I would recommend that you start eating Activia. The chemo nurse before my first infusion told me that, but I didn't remember. I had it very severe. The activia will keep you digestive tract going. Also, ask for Lomotil if you have diarrhea and Immodium doesn't help. Drink lots and lots of water. Your tastebuds will go away for a few days but they do come back. I had leg and muscle pain as well, but pain meds helped with that.

Thinking positive thoughts for you today.....I wish you well.

Patti
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Natly, I'll be thinking
    Natly, I'll be thinking about you, too. Hoping all goes well for you today. Take care.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Natly, I'll be thinking
    Natly, I'll be thinking about you, too. Hoping all goes well for you today. Take care.

Sending you prayers
    Sending you prayers Natly!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    jnl said:

Sending you prayers
    Sending you prayers Natly!

Hugs, Leeza

I will
    be thinking and praying for you!

Kristin ♥
  • pdv
    pdv Member Posts: 56
    Prayers
    Prayers were sent up for you today! I hope all went well.

Pat
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    natly15 said:

Natly, sending you prayers
    Natly, sending you prayers and strength to get thru this!

HUGS!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

Donna

Hey Natly! I am sending you
    Hey Natly! I am sending you lots of hugs and lots of prayers! Let us know how you are doing when you can!

Lex
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    pdv said:

Prayers
    Prayers were sent up for you today! I hope all went well.

Pat

Natly
    I am Sending positive thoughts to your way. How did it go?
    Wishing you speedy recovery from infusion.
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867

Natly
    I am Sending positive thoughts to your way. How did it go?
    Wishing you speedy recovery from infusion.

♥ Natly
    I am also wondering how today went for you. Thought of you all day!</♥</font>

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • natly15
    Jeanne D said:

♥ Natly
    I am also wondering how today went for you. Thought of you all day!</♥</font>

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>

Thank you are all the prayers and hugs
    Taxotere went fine yesterday! I am so relieved!!

My onc, the nurses and the pharmacist coudnt have been nicer. Everyone was aware and so on top of things. They gave me adavan and started the infusion very slowly. I am pleased to announce that it was an easy day. Praise God! Getting ready to go back for my neulasta shot today.