No scarf on my head to work yesterday!!

2»

Comments

• pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    Katz77 said:

Hatless
    Happy "hatless" to you. My hair about 2" long, but I work in surgery, so must wear a head covering. Kind of funny, but no one really notices me cause I'm wearing a bonnet, cause everyone's wearing one! lol

Blending In...
    That's why I can't wait to finish radiation so I can jump in the pool...with the swim cap I will look like everyone else! :-) I actually revel in the concept of "blending."
  • Zhentup
    Zhentup Member Posts: 43
    MyTurnNow said:

I think that's great news,
    I think that's great news, too, Patti. I can't wait for my day to ditch the scarfs. I still have a couple of weeks to go until I can color my hair and then, I, too, will be au natural!!

About your comment "that I work for a congregation of nuns so lots of them have had cancer", is this true?

Wait a sec, MyTurn...
    How can you say your "au natural" if you're coloring your hair? What's natural about a dye job? LOL

Please take this in good humor-it's just the way your comment hit me!

Leanne

P.S. I love my bald little head. I wish it was warmer here in Maine so I could go without head coverings all the time!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Zhentup said:

Wait a sec, MyTurn...
    How can you say your "au natural" if you're coloring your hair? What's natural about a dye job? LOL

Please take this in good humor-it's just the way your comment hit me!

Leanne

P.S. I love my bald little head. I wish it was warmer here in Maine so I could go without head coverings all the time!

You are so right!! Bad
    You are so right!! Bad choice of words on my part. I still can't wait to ditch the scarves, etc. and get back to somewhat normal....color and all!!

P.S. Absolutely no offense taken.
  • Zhentup
    Zhentup Member Posts: 43
    MyTurnNow said:

You are so right!! Bad
    You are so right!! Bad choice of words on my part. I still can't wait to ditch the scarves, etc. and get back to somewhat normal....color and all!!

P.S. Absolutely no offense taken.

Whew!!
    I'm not sure what normal is-I haven't been "normal" for so very long! But gee, I have so much fun!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    pitt said:

Congratulations! I am so
    Congratulations! I am so envious of your scarf-less status!!! I finished chemo in December and am maybe another month away from being at your point. My hair is growing in like Jamie Lee Curtis' in the yogurt commercial...used to be blonde, now dishwater with lots of gray and I LOVE IT!!! I can't wait to be at the point where you are. Enjoy!!! Pitt

Congrats and WTG! Enjoy
    Congrats and WTG! Enjoy it!

HUGS!
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Fantastic
    That is fantastic news. Glad your hair is back and you are hatless. I am close. My head gets pretty cold and I have a few patches that are thin. I have targeted my unveiling for March.

Congrats.

P
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    pattimc said:

Thanks everyone.....
    This is day three w/o a head covering and it's easier and easier each day! Not sure I could go to the store w/o a hat on or something, but here at work is my safe zone. Everyone is rejoicing in this next phase of recovery...including me!!

Patti

Congrats Patti! You are
    Congrats Patti! You are moving forward!
  • Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Wow, here's hoping I look like Jamie Lee!
    Skinny too!
    Peace
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Lynda53 said:

Wow, here's hoping I look like Jamie Lee!
    Skinny too!
    Peace

We should send a thank you to Jamie Lee
    I got the same comment about looking like her! She is awesome for having such a short haircut and making us "stylish"!
  • xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    pattimc said:

Jamie Lee Curtis Look a likes
    As I sit here eating my daily Activia!!!

LOL

daily activia
    are you belly dancing too..lmao