LOCKS OF LOVE

RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Please check out the photo I posted in the Expressions Gallery of my niece who recently cut 20 inches of her hair off and donated it to Locks Of Love to be made into a wig for a child in need. She has selflessly done this four times. I am truly in awe of her.

RE

Comments

• aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    That is Awesome
    That is so AWESOME. I donated my hair prior to losing it. They made 4 ponytails out of it. I had a lot of hair. I miss my locks. But when a note came in thanking me for the hair donation and telling me I made some childs day, it was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done.

Hats off to your niece!!!

P
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    AWESOME
    What an AWESOME thing to do! It must take her such a long time to grow it that long and she's done it 4 times?!?! This is a young lady with a very big heart! God bless her and the children she provides for!
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    Marlene_K said:

AWESOME
    What an AWESOME thing to do! It must take her such a long time to grow it that long and she's done it 4 times?!?! This is a young lady with a very big heart! God bless her and the children she provides for!

good for her
    my hair was to the middle of my back when i got diagnosed i also donated it to locks of love. my boyfriends hair was to his waist he also donated his as well. she has donated 4 times that is amazing!

teresa
  • contrail
    contrail Member Posts: 129
    Locks of Love
    I think Locks of Love is a great way to help those who have lost their hair. Your niece has done a wonderful thing. I have 2 nieces that do this also. I don't know how often they have given their hair, but I know one of them did donate again at Christmas this year. These young ladies are true inspirations. Connie
  • pitt
    pitt Member Posts: 387
    I am in awe of her too!
    I am in awe of her too! Please tell her I said "Thank you!" She clearly has a strong sense of empathy and a desire to make a difference in this world. We need more young people like her. She will continue to do great things for society... Now that is an inspiration! Pitt
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    great
    Hello, Re:
    You must be so proud of your niece....
    My daughter did that too.....
    May the Lord bless her always.......
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Taina said:

great
    Hello, Re:

Amazing
    hair and unbelievable commitment and dedication.
    Thank you
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Hearts so very big...
    It is sometimes difficult to believe the body can hold them...

Must run in your family, dear RE. :-)

Kindest regards, Susan
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    A heart of gold....just like
    A heart of gold....just like her auntie!! Please, Re, thank her for me, too.
  • RE
    :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
    You are all so kind, I will most certainly pass on your kind words.

RE
  • RE
    Taina said:

great
    Hello, Re:

what a gal
    Please thank your daughter for me, I find this to be such an amazing gift to give.

RE