Great, cheap bra to use during reconstruction

kimberlyrose
kimberlyrose Member Posts: 15
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I found a great bra to get me through reconstruction!!

It's made by Warners and it's called "Up a Cup." It's a padded bra without wires (hard to find) that is designed to help you appear bigger than you really are. The nice thing is that the cups are molded (but not overly rigid) so they don't collapse without having breast tissue filling them out. Before I started my expander fills it made me look like I at least had some breasts. Now that I'm going through expansion... it helps to make me look even while allowing enough room for my "boobs" to grow beneath the cups.

I highly recommend it to everyone not wanting to spend the money on special bras and forms.

Comments

• Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    Thanks for this post..
    I have been trying to find some bras to get me through the fills.. I currently look like a carpenters dream... (flat as a board)... so thank you for posting this info.. I am going to go out and buy one today..

Dot
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    Dot53 said:

Thanks for this post..
    I have been trying to find some bras to get me through the fills.. I currently look like a carpenters dream... (flat as a board)... so thank you for posting this info.. I am going to go out and buy one today..

Dot

thanks!
    I need something like this!
  • scout5000
    scout5000 Member Posts: 94 Member
    I love this bra.
    I just found the same bra. I have an implant on my mastectomy side and it is a size smaller and flatter than my other breast. I have not been able to wear bras because of the size difference, I have just worn skin-tight body shaping camisoles. But then I found this Warner bra which somehow makes both side appear to be the same size, and are wire-free (doctor's orders). Problem solved.
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Wearing a bra while getting radiation
    I'm gonna be starting radiation soon and have read so many posts about not being able to wear a bra. I haven't started reconstruction and won't until after rads, but I'm worried about not being able to wear a bra. I haven't gotten a prosthesis and at this point, I probably won't. I wear a form in my bra, but am worried that this will irritate me. I have never walked out my front door without looking like I've got two of em. Was anyone here faced with the same thing and what did you do?
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Marlene_K said:

Wearing a bra while getting radiation
    I'm gonna be starting radiation soon and have read so many posts about not being able to wear a bra. I haven't started reconstruction and won't until after rads, but I'm worried about not being able to wear a bra. I haven't gotten a prosthesis and at this point, I probably won't. I wear a form in my bra, but am worried that this will irritate me. I have never walked out my front door without looking like I've got two of em. Was anyone here faced with the same thing and what did you do?

ooops....
    Reading this prompted me to ask this question on the board and I accidentally posted it here. I'm going to copy & past it on the main board... sorry about this.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    I have spent about $200 on bra's .. reconstruction 1/12/10
    finding no a 1 fits - correctly. Thank you for the update .. I will go out tomorrow and purchase ..

My plastic surgeon .. has me filled to 650 ... 800 is our goal, and I ask every time I see him .. what size am I .. the only response is cup c/d .. how do I know when to stay stop and let's order my implants ??

Anyone ??

Vicki Sam