Can the Bad People PM Us?

Different Ballgame
Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have something up my sleeve and I want to know if the bad people can send private messges to us?
Janelle

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Probably they can
    hopefully they will not.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    As far as I know, anyone who
    As far as I know, anyone who is a registered user can PM other registered users....tho I may be mistaken.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    My Thoughts
    I am not sure who the bad people are, most folks on this site are good folks who are fighting cancer and are here for the same reasons that you are. Anyone who signs up on this site can PM you, if you feel you receive a PM that is from a bad person then you can report it or them to ACS and they can investigate the situation to determine if the PM is from a person who does or does not belong on the site. If they determine they do not belong on this site then they will block that person from the site. Personally I have been a part of CSN since 2004 and have not had many issues with people who are not reliable. I hope this helps a bit.

RE
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    RE said:

My Thoughts
    I am not sure who the bad people are, most folks on this site are good folks who are fighting cancer and are here for the same reasons that you are. Anyone who signs up on this site can PM you, if you feel you receive a PM that is from a bad person then you can report it or them to ACS and they can investigate the situation to determine if the PM is from a person who does or does not belong on the site. If they determine they do not belong on this site then they will block that person from the site. Personally I have been a part of CSN since 2004 and have not had many issues with people who are not reliable. I hope this helps a bit.

RE

Any registered member can PM
    Any registered member can PM you.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Megan M said:

Any registered member can PM
    Any registered member can PM you.

Janelle
    Did you get something bad that you are so worried about this. I have only been on the site since April and I have not heard of any real problems. Once in a while you might get some crazy who may post something that is not very nice, or they just don't know what there talking about I have seen the CSN block people like that. So don't worry so much, most of us are the real thing.
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    Kat11 said:

Janelle
    Did you get something bad that you are so worried about this. I have only been on the site since April and I have not heard of any real problems. Once in a while you might get some crazy who may post something that is not very nice, or they just don't know what there talking about I have seen the CSN block people like that. So don't worry so much, most of us are the real thing.

If you don't want anyone to
    If you don't want anyone to PM you, go into your setup and unclick the question allowing members to PM you. That way you don't have to worry about it.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Sher43009 said:

If you don't want anyone to
    If you don't want anyone to PM you, go into your setup and unclick the question allowing members to PM you. That way you don't have to worry about it.

There have been a few bad
    There have been a few bad people on here, one made up a wild story and asked for money and some on here were willing to do anything to help her until others realized it was a hoax. CSN removed them, but, they can always come back under a new name I suppose. It is sad that people tell a sad story and tell how they aren't getting proper treatment or need money just to take advantage of us, but, they do. Some of the messages from these people get flagged, but, some don't. Just be cautious.