Hello everyone

SunnieC
SunnieC Member Posts: 37
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I hope everyone is having a good day - Need to vent a little bit...

I wanted to go out to breakfast with my hubby today (we haven't been out in a long time) and after we had ordered I felt so out of it that we had to leave the resturaunt! I am finding that I do fine with the chemo - it's the bronchitis that I can't seem to get rid of that causes the biggest problems - I'm on my second round of antibiotics, cough syrup, benedryl and claritin - I'm exhaused all the time and feel like a whiney, cranky b****! I know that this too shall pass... but for real... can't it pass sooner???

Sorry to vent but I know all of you are so supportive that you'd understand....

I have decided to go on short term disability - I have a 30 day wait period, then am eligible for 60% pay for 5 months - that should take me through my surgery and recuperation - it's going to be a financial struggle but I'm sure I'll come up with something to make some $ while at home - any ideas would be welcome - I wonder if anyone needs a whiney, cranky b**** to make them feel at home?!?!?!?!? I'm at the top of that game! :)

Speaking of games... I hope everyone has great SuperBowl plans... I figure I'll sleep thru it and be very content!!!

Health and happiness to all

Sunnie

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Sorry your feeling so bad.
    Sorry your feeling so bad. We all have day's like that and the cranky b**** well thats normal to. Maybe what you need is time out from work and all. If you can do it, why not. That will give you time to recover from the bronchitis. I understand if you get sick while on chemo its hard to get well again. It takes a lot out of you. Rest when you can, even durning Superbowl. Hang in there, because your right this to shall pass. Hugs
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    I Hear Ya
    I hear ya. It's always something. The Avastin I take gives me a constant cold. It gets old. But like you said, it will pass. Get plenty of rest and drink lots of liquids.

Take care and feel better.

P
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    We all have bad days, so,
    We all have bad days, so, consider yourself normal. I hope that soon you will start to feel better!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Kat11 said:

Sorry your feeling so bad.
    Sorry your feeling so bad. We all have day's like that and the cranky b**** well thats normal to. Maybe what you need is time out from work and all. If you can do it, why not. That will give you time to recover from the bronchitis. I understand if you get sick while on chemo its hard to get well again. It takes a lot out of you. Rest when you can, even durning Superbowl. Hang in there, because your right this to shall pass. Hugs

Bronchitis is awful to have.
    Bronchitis is awful to have. I also had to use an inhaler that I got from my doctor when I had it and it helped. Get well soon!

Leeza
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Check the details of your policy.
    Hi Sunnie,

Before you decide to do something for money at home, check out the definition of total disability in your poilicy. Many policies will adjust the amount they pay based on any income you receive from other sources. Ask your employer or agent for a copy of the policy if you can. I'm glad you have short term disability. Only 40% of working americans have it.

Roseann