Severe fatigue

Options
JanInMN
JanInMN Member Posts: 149
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Wow, two days after first chemo, and I was a mess yesterday! I couldn't focus at all at work, and was even afraid to drive home because I was so tired and couldn't focus. Was in bed all day. I hope this doesn't last too long!

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    I don't know which Chemo
    I don't know which Chemo your on, but when I was on AC, about the 3rd day after treatment I felt the same way. It only lasted a day or so and i went back to a semi normal. Then the same thing would happen again after the next treatment. Once I went on Taxol this all ended pretty much. Tired is just a way of life right now durning treatment.
  • pwaters765
    pwaters765 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    I know that I felt that way
    I know that I felt that way for the third and fourth day after chemo, but after that, I felt better. I know that in my chemo, they used a number of preventative drugs, as in Benedryl and I finally asked if they would reduce the dose a little bit, because I felt very drunk from it and I would go home and sleep for hours because of it, but after they dropped the dose down, I was usually ok.
    Good luck to you, and sending hugs your way.
    Take Care,
    Peggy
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options
    Yes, very tired!
    I always had my treatments on a Thursday. By Saturday morning, I was always feeling major tired. Getting up to go to the bathroom was a chore... I couldn't wait to lay back down. It continued a bit through Sunday and by Monday, I was much better. I just had my last of 6 this past Thursday. I was on TAC. I never seemed to fully recover after my 4th. I continued to work and do what I can at home, but can honestly say that my kids knew it was dinner time when the bag came through the front door. I'm feeling my normal yuck after chemo today but we are buried in a blizzard here today, my boys are with their dad, and I'm just wallowing in self-pity for what hopefully will be the last time in my life! There are bad days and 'not so bad' days... I'm looking very forward to once again having a 'good' day so we forge ahead on this dreadful journey in search of that horizon!

Lots of hugs, Janin... Mar
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

Yes, very tired!
    I always had my treatments on a Thursday. By Saturday morning, I was always feeling major tired. Getting up to go to the bathroom was a chore... I couldn't wait to lay back down. It continued a bit through Sunday and by Monday, I was much better. I just had my last of 6 this past Thursday. I was on TAC. I never seemed to fully recover after my 4th. I continued to work and do what I can at home, but can honestly say that my kids knew it was dinner time when the bag came through the front door. I'm feeling my normal yuck after chemo today but we are buried in a blizzard here today, my boys are with their dad, and I'm just wallowing in self-pity for what hopefully will be the last time in my life! There are bad days and 'not so bad' days... I'm looking very forward to once again having a 'good' day so we forge ahead on this dreadful journey in search of that horizon!

Just having breast cancer is
    Just having breast cancer is emotionally and physically tiring, let alone all of the tests and treatments we go thru. Hoping you have some good days ahead!
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    I Hope
    I hope everyone of us has better days. When I get tired, I get b#@chy and start to feel sorry for myself. So, I make sure I get plenty of rest no matter what is going on around or me or what needs my attention. It can wait. My health, including my mental health, cannot. Keep taking your meds and take care of yourself.

P
  • aztec45
    Options
    I Hope
    I hope everyone of us has better days. When I get tired, I get b#@chy and start to feel sorry for myself. So, I make sure I get plenty of rest no matter what is going on around or me or what needs my attention. It can wait. My health, including my mental health, cannot. Keep taking your meds and take care of yourself.

P
  • aztec45
    Options
    I Hope

P
  • JanInMN
    Options
    Marlene_K said:

Yes, very tired!

I find it surprising that I
    I find it surprising that I am more "down" now than when I was diagnosed and went through surgery. Maybe then I was more "fighting mad", where now I just feel kicked! I guess I'll need to accept these feelings are bound to show up. I actually feel anxious about feeling so tired. I guess it is an "out of control" thing. I hate the "out of control" thing!!! Here's to better days for all of us!
  • JanInMN
    Options
    aztec45 said:

I Hope

P

You have just encouraged me
    You have just encouraged me to stop fighting it for the night, and go to bed :-). Thanks!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Options
    JanInMN said:

You have just encouraged me
    You have just encouraged me to stop fighting it for the night, and go to bed :-). Thanks!

Hope you are in bed getting
    Hope you are in bed getting lots of rest. I didn't have chemo, but, rads really wore me down. I started taking naps during the day and that helped me a lot. Good luck!