Call for East Coast sisters. Maryland, Washington DC, .. How are you doing in winter storm?

New Flower
New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Good morning,
I just want to be sure that everybody safe and sound
Have a nice weekend,
New Flower

Comments

• Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Jersey
    We've got about 2 feet of snow in Jersey with drifts way above that and it's still coming down. My road isn't even plowed yet and I haven't seen one neighbor outside. As long as the electric stays on, I'm good. Wouldn't like very much to be stranded at home with no heat, lights, TV, or internet. Not likin this too much... it's not even snow you can have fun in. It's our 2nd one of the season! Spring can't come too soon!
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Stay warm, stay dry, stay
    Stay warm, stay dry, stay safe all of you Kindred Spirits! I wonder how many young, pregnant women are going to be having babies at home today because they can't get out !! YIKES!!!!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • joycee9308
    joycee9308 Member Posts: 4
    We're doing well
    In Manassas, Virginia, we have 27" with 10" more predicted. I'm tired of the non-stop weather reports on TV, thank God for cable and HGTV. On the internet, doing some cleaning I haven't gotten to in a while, eating and staying positive thinking about my mastectomy coming up in two weeks. Going to Vegas for Valentines Day weekend before the big event. So that helps.
  • lafera12
    lafera12 Member Posts: 63
    Marlene_K said:

Jersey
    We've got about 2 feet of snow in Jersey with drifts way above that and it's still coming down. My road isn't even plowed yet and I haven't seen one neighbor outside. As long as the electric stays on, I'm good. Wouldn't like very much to be stranded at home with no heat, lights, TV, or internet. Not likin this too much... it's not even snow you can have fun in. It's our 2nd one of the season! Spring can't come too soon!

Jersey
    Marlena,
    You must live in south Jersey like me..I live in Little Egg Harbor (lived here for 16 years), and they finally plowed my street last night...so much for living down here. But on the good side,it is nicer down here and it's rare that we get this much snow and spring is coming.

Angie
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    lafera12 said:

Jersey
    Marlena,
    You must live in south Jersey like me..I live in Little Egg Harbor (lived here for 16 years), and they finally plowed my street last night...so much for living down here. But on the good side,it is nicer down here and it's rare that we get this much snow and spring is coming.

Angie

I'm in Toms River, Angie
    They finally plowed my street late last nite and I have great friends that came over & plowed my driveway and snow blowed my walkway & sidewalk in a matter of 15 minutes. It was great because my older son was at a friend's house for the night. At least I can get somewhere if I have to, but surely don't plan on it. You're about an hour south of me. It's great to live at the shore in the warm weather and snow isn't very common here, although it's throwing us for quite a loop this year!
  • girls4444
    girls4444 Member Posts: 34
    stafford, va
    snowed in with 25.5 inches, my driveway has trees down across it. Hopefully it will be ok by tuesday for chemo. going crazy with nothing on tv. but we have plenty of food.
    good luck to everyone
  • New Flower
    Marlene_K said:

I'm in Toms River, Angie
    They finally plowed my street late last nite and I have great friends that came over & plowed my driveway and snow blowed my walkway & sidewalk in a matter of 15 minutes. It was great because my older son was at a friend's house for the night. At least I can get somewhere if I have to, but surely don't plan on it. You're about an hour south of me. It's great to live at the shore in the warm weather and snow isn't very common here, although it's throwing us for quite a loop this year!

Jersey
    you are lucky girls living by the Shore. I used to live in Summit, New Jersey.
    Glad that you are doing well.
  • New Flower
    girls4444 said:

stafford, va
    snowed in with 25.5 inches, my driveway has trees down across it. Hopefully it will be ok by tuesday for chemo. going crazy with nothing on tv. but we have plenty of food.
    good luck to everyone

Having
    food and electricity is critical. I used to live on East Coast in New York and New Jersey before moving to Los Angeles 5 years ago. Both my husband I do not miss snow. My son does.
    Stay safe and warm everyone.
    New Flower
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

Having
    food and electricity is critical. I used to live on East Coast in New York and New Jersey before moving to Los Angeles 5 years ago. Both my husband I do not miss snow. My son does.
    Stay safe and warm everyone.
    New Flower

Over 2 feet here in Philly.
    Over 2 feet here in Philly. Today was sunny so some of it did melt, they actually did a great job of cleaning up the streets here. My street was plowed, but i did not need to drive anywhere. I walked to my nephews house for a party and ate too much. I stocked up on groceries so i don't need to go to the store until next week> BRRRRR
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    meena1 said:

Over 2 feet here in Philly. Today was sunny so some of it did melt, they actually did a great job of cleaning up the streets here. My street was plowed, but i did not need to drive anywhere. I walked to my nephews house for a party and ate too much. I stocked up on groceries so i don't need to go to the store until next week> BRRRRR

Not yet!
    Annapolis Md. They still haven't plowed our street...and more snow coming on Wednesday!!!!
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Not yet!
    Annapolis Md. They still haven't plowed our street...and more snow coming on Wednesday!!!!

My daughter goes to chool in
    My daughter goes to chool in DC walked in the blizzard to see Obama speak she is a huge fan.
  • patti anne
    patti anne Member Posts: 101
    girls4444 said:

stafford, va
    good luck to everyone

Stafford too
    I'm in Stafford, VA too. Didn't know there was someone else here. Where are you getting treatments?

More snow coming today and tomorrow. Its been crazy here in VA.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    carkris said:

My daughter goes to chool in
    My daughter goes to chool in DC walked in the blizzard to see Obama speak she is a huge fan.

I would have walked in a
    I would have walked in a blizzard to hear/see Obama too~ I also am a huge fan! He was one of the speakers in 2006 when I was a representative of CSN (along with KathiM!)and he spoke waaaay back then about his Mama losing her battle with the Beast, and that he would continue to fight for health care coverage. That was when he was "just" a senator from Illinois!
    My Reggie and I did walk in the DC cold last January~ we were among the gathered multitudes at Obama's inauguration...and even without the snow it was FREEEEEZING! I can't imagine being there now! Brrrrrrr!

Stay bundled and warm, everyone!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • girls4444
    girls4444 Member Posts: 34

Stafford too
    I'm in Stafford, VA too. Didn't know there was someone else here. Where are you getting treatments?

More snow coming today and tomorrow. Its been crazy here in VA.

stafford
    Hi Patti Anne - You don't hear Stafford too often, you always here more about the areas more North or more South, we are the forgotten County. But thats Ok I like living here. My treatments are in the Woodbridge area near the Potomac Hospital.
    It is Tuesday evening and we have freezing rain, it is suppose to turn to snow later tonight. Fortunately I was able to make it to my chemo today, they were rushing chemo to get us out before the storm started. I hope you still have power, a friend of mine in the Harbour has been out since Saturday.
    Good Luck
    Betty
  • lanie940
    lanie940 Member Posts: 490 Member
    meena1 said:

Hi Meena, Here we go AGAIN!
    Hi Meena, Here we go AGAIN! We are supposed to get 12-18 inches. You already have gotten a ton, Where are they going to go with it! Get a front end loader and put it in the creeks?