bgant
bgant Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I live in fresno, ca and its hard to find locals to chat with, im done with chemo but about to strt reconstruction, decision= silicone or not

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Welcome
    to the side. I cannot help you with your question because I had DIEP Flap reconstruction I am sure ladies who had similar reconstruction will get in touch and answer your question. I live in Los Angeles, so you can find me here after most members already sleep.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950

Welcome
    to the side. I cannot help you with your question because I had DIEP Flap reconstruction I am sure ladies who had similar reconstruction will get in touch and answer your question. I live in Los Angeles, so you can find me here after most members already sleep.

Hey There
    I have an expander

Hey There
    I have an expander in. Just waiting for the insurance ok to put in the implant.
    No worries here. I'll just be happy to have it done!
    Dee
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    I Decided on Silicone
    Four days before the tissue expanders were to be removed and replaced with the implants, I changed my mind and decided to have silicone as opposed to saline. I went on the information supplied by my plastic surgeon. I have Mentor Smooth Round High Gel implants. I also went on line for Mentor and read the information on both silicone and saline prior to making my decision. I did not have radiation nor chemo after my bilateral mastectomy.

I am extremely happy that I choose to listen to my plastic surgeon and went with the silicone. My breasts feel more like breasts, though nothing will truly replace the real thing, but it is pretty close to the real thing.

Ask your plastic surgeon to show you what a silicone implant looks like and what a saline implant looks like. Make sure you touch, feel and hold them so you know the comparison.

Good luck.

Lots of Hugs and Lots of Love,
    Janelle
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Welcome
    Welcome. Just wanted to welcome you to the site. There are some incredible, strong, and very supportive people on this site.

Congrats on finishing chemo.

Pat
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Welcome
    Welcome. Just wanted to welcome you to the site. There are some incredible, strong, and very supportive people on this site.

Pat
  • rene9
    rene9 Member Posts: 214
    aztec45 said:

Welcome

Pat

Silicone
    I am in Georgia and had my expander put in during surgery in Dec. so when I finish chemo in early May I will get silicone. My dr and research favors silicone- Be glad when I can say I'm done with chemo, Congratulations!

rene9