Off the Subject-who dat and Mardi Gras

Options
CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Just wanted to say that I am riding in the Krewe of Eve tomorrow on the Taj Mahal float. Please say a little prayer for nice weather. I didn't get to ride last year and I am so excited! Our krewe throws large decorated plastic chickens. We spray painted the chickens gold and decorated them in Saints girlie costumes. Our krewe is family-oriented and we throw lots of plush animals and roses, as well as beads. The stuff you see on tv is not Mardi Gras at all--that's French Quarter only. Anyway, it is so nice to have a little holiday from this cancer stuff--just had to share! Does anyone want to see a chicken ;-) ???

Comments

• padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Yes!
    I'd love to see a chicken! Have a great time tomorrow night! Enjoy your self and put cancer out of your mind for a while at least!!!!
    Pat
  • CypressCynthia
    Options
    padee6339 said:

Yes!
    I'd love to see a chicken! Have a great time tomorrow night! Enjoy your self and put cancer out of your mind for a while at least!!!!
    Pat

OK, here she is
    OK, here she is on my fleur de lis lamp. Isn't she lovely? LOL
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    Options

OK, here she is
    OK, here she is on my fleur de lis lamp. Isn't she lovely? LOL

mardi gras
    i use to live in louisianna went to mardi gras it was fun,
    enjoy and have fun!

teresa
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    teresa41 said:

mardi gras
    i use to live in louisianna went to mardi gras it was fun,
    enjoy and have fun!

teresa

Have Fun
    and celebrate life! I wishing a dry and mild weather for you
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options

Have Fun
    and celebrate life! I wishing a dry and mild weather for you

Who Dat???
    I also lived in Louisiana ... 15 years in Mandeville ... and worked in N.O. at the State Office Bldg... a block from the Superdome. I miss it all so much ... especially this time of year. Miss all those yummy King Cakes and parades. I love the chickens you're throwing ... what treasures they must be for the lucky folks who get one. I still have a lot of my treasures from the various parades ... and even have Mardi Gras beads hanging on my bulletin board here at the office. I miss Louisiana sooooo much. The weather ... the food ... the people ... Mardi Gras ... Jazz Fest ... etc. etc. I miss it all. One of my favorite parade memories was actually a St. Patricks Day parade ... and one of the floats was throwing cabbages in honor of the day. One person had a really good arm and put the cabbage right through someones living room window. Oh ... you just can't beat wonderful memories like that :-) People "down there" have a gift for making everything a party.

Now ... I have a problem though. I love the Saints. I was there when they were the Ain'ts and people wore paper bags over their heads. Remember Bobby Hebert? Anyway ... after leaving Louisiana I moved back "home" to Indiana ... so ... here I am ... the home of the Colts (with Peyton Manning as quarterback ... and Archie is all over TV now-a-days) ... and then I also want the Saints to win. I'm hoping that somehow ... some way ... the Superbowl will end in a TIE! Co-winners.

Have a wonderful time in the parade ... and I am so jealous!!! Just eat a King Cake or two for me ... please.

hugs.
    Teena
  • CypressCynthia
    Options
    tgf said:

Who Dat???
    I also lived in Louisiana ... 15 years in Mandeville ... and worked in N.O. at the State Office Bldg... a block from the Superdome. I miss it all so much ... especially this time of year. Miss all those yummy King Cakes and parades. I love the chickens you're throwing ... what treasures they must be for the lucky folks who get one. I still have a lot of my treasures from the various parades ... and even have Mardi Gras beads hanging on my bulletin board here at the office. I miss Louisiana sooooo much. The weather ... the food ... the people ... Mardi Gras ... Jazz Fest ... etc. etc. I miss it all. One of my favorite parade memories was actually a St. Patricks Day parade ... and one of the floats was throwing cabbages in honor of the day. One person had a really good arm and put the cabbage right through someones living room window. Oh ... you just can't beat wonderful memories like that :-) People "down there" have a gift for making everything a party.

Now ... I have a problem though. I love the Saints. I was there when they were the Ain'ts and people wore paper bags over their heads. Remember Bobby Hebert? Anyway ... after leaving Louisiana I moved back "home" to Indiana ... so ... here I am ... the home of the Colts (with Peyton Manning as quarterback ... and Archie is all over TV now-a-days) ... and then I also want the Saints to win. I'm hoping that somehow ... some way ... the Superbowl will end in a TIE! Co-winners.

Have a wonderful time in the parade ... and I am so jealous!!! Just eat a King Cake or two for me ... please.

hugs.
    Teena

I had one of the "new"
    I had one of the "new" kingcakes yesterday--pecan praline with cream cheese. It was sooo good!

We would be torn too because we love Peyton Manning. He went to the same high school as my sister! However, the Saints are such underdogs--you gotta love them too!

The parades are such fun and you are one of the few who understand that you can go to the "raunchy" French Quarter Mardi Gras or you can participate in the family-oriented ladders and kids Mardi Gras. Most of the locals love the latter.

I know you miss Louisiana but I bet it's in your heart (if not your cooking)!

Hugs no matter who wins!
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    Options

I had one of the "new"
    I had one of the "new" kingcakes yesterday--pecan praline with cream cheese. It was sooo good!

We would be torn too because we love Peyton Manning. He went to the same high school as my sister! However, the Saints are such underdogs--you gotta love them too!

The parades are such fun and you are one of the few who understand that you can go to the "raunchy" French Quarter Mardi Gras or you can participate in the family-oriented ladders and kids Mardi Gras. Most of the locals love the latter.

I know you miss Louisiana but I bet it's in your heart (if not your cooking)!

Hugs no matter who wins!

Good for you!!
    Hope you have a WONDERFUL time! Yes, anything & EVERYTHING to get our minds off of cancer even if it's only for a minute. I want to plan a great vacation when all of this is behind me...should be quite a ways away yet as I will still need to have reconstruction done and I know there's a waiting period after RADS, but at least it gives me something to look forward to :)

Have a BLAST!
  • canoegirl
    canoegirl Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Have Fun!
    I was just in N.O. last weekend (2 weeks post surgery and 2 days after drains came out) Had a great time, got to see a parade and "Men in dresses" LOTS of men in dresses! LOL...my coat was purple so the Saints fans were all high fiving me. It was great to take a "break" from cancer. Maybe I'll plan a Mardi Gras trip next year and I can look for the chickens!

Hugs!
    Marcy