Rough Week

margo54
margo54 Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hey Girls,

Well, it got me, and last week had been rough.
Like I said the first 2 days weren't bad. Oh, but the 3rd was killer. It was like an out of body experience. That was some heavy duty drugs. Besides being nauseas things just didn't seem right. At first thought it was just the nausea pills but it was everything.

You know girls, you who have been through it already, chemo that is, are top notch!!! Everyone of you. You can do it so can I. By God. You sisters are amazing. I love each and everyone of you. Your strengths make me strong and want to finish this.

Got Herceptin treatment today and next week then back to chemo. So everybody take care and I will be thinking of you all.

Love Ya
Margo

Comments

• pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    You hang in there!!
    You can do it, Margo! I was the same way. Treatment 1 & 2 not so bad but 3 & 4 were very rough on me.

Keep your eye on the prize and it will be over before you know it!

I wish you well!

Patti
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Margo, one day at a time!!!
    Margo, one day at a time!!! That the best advice I think I received and it's so true. You'll get through it and I'm glad you're also seeing that. Post often and we'll be right by your side to support you. You're one day closer to being finished. Good luck and sending a (((hug))) your way.
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Hope you are feeling better!
    I too had problems on day 3 and when I realized day 4 was going to be the same I got myself to the emergency room. The staff there was fantastic. All I had to do was say the word 'chemo' and I was immediately getting IV fluids and nausea meds. I hope they don't have to get used to seeing me there but at least I know they care. Don't hesitate to get the help you need!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Thinking of you too!
    Hang on, sweetie! Think of each treatment as a step closer in regaining your good health.....

Peace be with you.....-
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    MAJW said:

Thinking of you too!
    Hang on, sweetie! Think of each treatment as a step closer in regaining your good health.....

Peace be with you.....-

best wishes for you
    wishing you the best hang in there it will be over!

teresa
  • rrogers34
    rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
    What is your cocktail
    What treatment are you getting? Sorry you are having a rough time. Did the fluid and IV help?
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Hang in there
    My first treatment was so bad, no one thought I would make it through! The oncology nurses were absolute jewels and helped me figure out what to take and how to deal with the chemo. I was then able to work the entite 6 months and did really well--just a little queasy and tired. Hang in there! I am praying for you.
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member

Hang in there
    My first treatment was so bad, no one thought I would make it through! The oncology nurses were absolute jewels and helped me figure out what to take and how to deal with the chemo. I was then able to work the entite 6 months and did really well--just a little queasy and tired. Hang in there! I am praying for you.

Hi Margo & Jaime,
    I had some pretty rough days during my chemo and was even in hosp. for 4 days due to excessive diarrhea with blood. Had the big "D" thw whole time and had to take changes of clothes etc when I felt up to leaving the house..lol But as you can see I'm laughing about it (now) and it's over and I survived. if you are neauseated there are great meds, make sure you have them before your treatment. Food was disgusting and all I could eat were dill pickles and fruit (go figure) and I lost weight (and that's a good thing for me). You will day by day get thru it and call your onc day or nite and don't be afraid of the ER if you need it, the hosp staff can be so wonderful as your onc and their staff.

Keep posting when you girls are up to it and know that everyone here is praying for you and wishing you the best. YOU WILL MAKE IT!

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    pattimc said:

You hang in there!!
    You can do it, Margo! I was the same way. Treatment 1 & 2 not so bad but 3 & 4 were very rough on me.

Keep your eye on the prize and it will be over before you know it!

I wish you well!

Patti

Just go one day at a time!
    Just go one day at a time! Hoping you feel better!

Leeza
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    You Can Do It
    You can do it. It ain't easy peasy but you can do it and when you start to feel like you cannot, you get on here and hollar at us. I breezed through my 1st and 2nd round. My 3rd and 4th round were tough and my 5th and 6th round kicked my hiney. But I just kept telling myself it will pass, it will pass. And it always does.

Take care,

P
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    aztec45 said:

You Can Do It
    You can do it. It ain't easy peasy but you can do it and when you start to feel like you cannot, you get on here and hollar at us. I breezed through my 1st and 2nd round. My 3rd and 4th round were tough and my 5th and 6th round kicked my hiney. But I just kept telling myself it will pass, it will pass. And it always does.

Take care,

P

People kept telling me...
    it will be over before you know it, and of course when you're in the middle of the treatment that does not work, but NOW!!! WOOHOO!!! It does seem true! For me each treatment was a little bit different, but I can identify with you about the "out of body" experience, and it was not pleasant. I cried 2 out of 4 treatments when it seemed like it was not going to end! But it does, and before you know it you're back to your old self and back in the real world again. Hang in there, and let us know if you have any questions.
    Everyone handles it differently, so don't feel bad when you read about people breezing through it. It ain't me nor you. But we will SURVIVE and be stronger because of it!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    teresa41 said:

best wishes for you
    wishing you the best hang in there it will be over!

teresa

Sending you healing
    Sending you healing thoughts! Feel better!
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    Mama G said:

People kept telling me...
    it will be over before you know it, and of course when you're in the middle of the treatment that does not work, but NOW!!! WOOHOO!!! It does seem true! For me each treatment was a little bit different, but I can identify with you about the "out of body" experience, and it was not pleasant. I cried 2 out of 4 treatments when it seemed like it was not going to end! But it does, and before you know it you're back to your old self and back in the real world again. Hang in there, and let us know if you have any questions.
    Everyone handles it differently, so don't feel bad when you read about people breezing through it. It ain't me nor you. But we will SURVIVE and be stronger because of it!

Oh Mama G I can relate!
    I was too sick to follow much on this board while going thru my chemo and only occasionally looked at it but I kept looking for discussions on how sick people were to see if I was normal...and I would read how people were "breezing" thru their chemo and I was instantly jealous and of course in typical fashion felt there was something wrong with me....Of course I'm so happy for those that don't have a lot of sickness. But I felt like I had the worst flu ever for most of the three week intervals, horrible diarrhea and couldn't eat. Neulalsta was a "breeze" for me compared to so many others on this board. I wasn't neauseated or vomiting, just sick. In fact my 1st was a breeze so we scheduled 2 addit'l cylces making it 6. However, when it was time for my 4th my onc cancelled 5 & 6 and said it was just extra and the protocol called for 4 and I would be just fine without the two additonal cylces. I thouvht because I am in my sixties that it hit me harder than some, but I guess we are all different. I was certainly thankful I was not tryingj to hold down a job cause that would have been imposssible.

BUT, it does end and 8 weeks out it is beginning to have a surreal memory. I did have fun in Jan., after my taste came back, eating again...and I love to eat! I feel blessed that I did not have neuopathy, just a little tingling in my feet after my 4th cycle, didn't lose my fingernails, they just started growing in with ridges after my 4th cyicle and I never got mouth sores at all.

I wish I could wave a wand and no one would ever have to go thru this again! But I would never have met all you great people and that is a plus and wherever I go if I meet someone who has been thru it there is a special bond and closeness if even for a few minutes of conversation so I guess we have to look at the pluses and look less at the minuses.

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Margo, one day at a time!!!
    Margo, one day at a time!!! That the best advice I think I received and it's so true. You'll get through it and I'm glad you're also seeing that. Post often and we'll be right by your side to support you. You're one day closer to being finished. Good luck and sending a (((hug))) your way.

The best advice is what
    The best advice is what MYTURNNOW wrote, take it one day at a time. You will finish and we will all be celebrating with you!