Again, Something to Ponder...........besides cancer......

Buzzard
Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
There was a blind girl who hated herself because she was blind. She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend. He was always there for her. She told her boyfriend, 'If I could only see the world, I would marry you.'

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her. When the bandages came off, she was able to see everything, including her boyfriend.

He asked her, 'Now that you can see the world, will you marry me?' The girl looked at her boyfriend and saw that he was blind.. The sight of his closed eyelids shocked her. She hadn't expected that. The thought of looking at them the rest of her life led her to refuse to marry him.

Her boyfriend left in tears and days later wrote a note to her saying: 'Take good care of your eyes, my dear, for before they were yours, they were mine.'

This is how the human brain often works when our status changes. Only a very few remember what life was like before, and who was always by their side in the most painful situations.

Life Is a Gift

Today before you say an unkind word - Think of someone who can't speak.

Before you complain about the taste of your food - Think of someone who has nothing to eat.

Before you complain about your husband or wife - Think of someone who's crying out for a companion.

Today before you complain about life - Think of someone who passed away to early .

Before whining about the distance you drive, Think of someone who walks the same distance with their feet.

And when you are tired and complain about your job - Think of the unemployed, the disabled, and those who wish they had your job..

And when depressing thoughts seem to get you down - Put a smile on your face and think: you're alive and still around.

Here's to Love and Hope for all of us.....and may 2010 be the year of the cure.........

Goodnight friends........

Comments

• Crow71
    Crow71 Member Posts: 679 Member
    Right on Buzzard.
    Right on Buzzard. Thanks.
    Roger
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Love it
    That was so beautiful. You made me cry.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Good thoughts Buzzard
    It's always good to put one's self in other people's shoes. Not always easy to do but always a good thing to strive for.
    -phil
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893
    PhillieG said:

Good thoughts Buzzard
    It's always good to put one's self in other people's shoes. Not always easy to do but always a good thing to strive for.
    -phil

Thanks for the inspiration today!
    Thanks for the inspiration today!
  • CanadaSue
    CanadaSue Member Posts: 339 Member
    Great post
    Buzzard,

Great post!

This helps to put your life in perspective.

Hugs,

Sue
  • tiny one
    tiny one Member Posts: 465 Member
    life
    Please if life seems to much to bear or if everything looks hopeless seek help. Cancer is hard but sometimes life deals us hard things to cope with. I've been dealing with some hard issues lately myself.
  • Jaylo969
    Jaylo969 Member Posts: 824 Member
    Thank you
    After 5th round of chemo yesterday your post has put a smile on my face.The fatigue hit me like a mack truck this time but I am gonna' drag my butt around this house and do something besides moan & groan today.

Things could always be worse and I never forget it. Every time I go to the cancer center for treatment I look around and I do believe I am the healthiest(looking) patient there. I feel like a weeney to complain about anything.So I'm bone tired...I have a nice couch to lie on and no job I have to go to. What a blessing, huh?

Again,
    Thank you
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Love it!
    Love it!
    Thanks, Buzzard, :)

Lisa
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Great post, Buzzard! Thanks
    Great post, Buzzard! Thanks for the perspective!
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    Thanks Buzz...
    Did you post this especially for me since I was whining yesterday?

I really needed something like this today. Thanks for posting this. It makes a person think of something or someone besides themselves.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    HollyID said:

Thanks Buzz...
    Did you post this especially for me since I was whining yesterday?

I really needed something like this today. Thanks for posting this. It makes a person think of something or someone besides themselves.

It was for myself as much as anyone......
    It keeps the calm in me, things like this and allows me to feel good about myself about how things could be but aren't.
    and no Holly, Im just simply gonna spank you for whining......:) Just kiddin'...Have a good day everyone....Love Hope and Whine, Buzz.....:)
  • thready
    thready Member Posts: 474
    Buzzard said:

It was for myself as much as anyone......
    It keeps the calm in me, things like this and allows me to feel good about myself about how things could be but aren't.
    and no Holly, Im just simply gonna spank you for whining......:) Just kiddin'...Have a good day everyone....Love Hope and Whine, Buzz.....:)

Thank you Handsome (I mean Cliff)
    Need to always remember these things. How much to our caregiveres give up for us? How hard it is for our children to see us falter at times, for them to realize we are only human.

We need to be grateful for this board, the listening eyes who take time to post messages as you have.

Thanks a bunch

Jan
  • KATE58
    KATE58 Member Posts: 299
    thready said:

Thank you Handsome (I mean Cliff)
    Need to always remember these things. How much to our caregiveres give up for us? How hard it is for our children to see us falter at times, for them to realize we are only human.

We need to be grateful for this board, the listening eyes who take time to post messages as you have.

Thanks a bunch

Jan

Great post Buzz !
    If you

Great post Buzz !
    If you look, you can always find someone who has it worse than you.
    always be grateful for what you have.
    It could be gone in the blink of an eye.