Getting 1st Zoladex Shot This Morning

blackroze1000
blackroze1000 Member Posts: 50
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi, everyone. The beginning of treament is here (Ugh!). I get my first Zoladex shot in about 2 hours. I am so nervous. I know there are so many others that go through much worse, but I'm still scared. The thought of a needle in my abdomen has me crying already. And one of the worst parts is that I will be sitting in the big chemo room with all the others fighting various cancers. They all look so strong, and I am so afraid I'm going to cry in front of them. Please say a prayer that I handle it with the grace and dignity that they all seem to have . . .

Elaine

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Best wishes to you, Elaine
    It's OK to be scared. I admit - I hate needles of any kind. Wasn't always so. It's a post-BC treatment issue.

Since this morning is your first - I bet "fear of the unknown" is increasing the anxiety. I'll be hoping that after today, the Zoladex treatments that follow will be far less stressful for you.

Kind regards, Susan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Best wishes to you, Elaine
    It's OK to be scared. I admit - I hate needles of any kind. Wasn't always so. It's a post-BC treatment issue.

Since this morning is your first - I bet "fear of the unknown" is increasing the anxiety. I'll be hoping that after today, the Zoladex treatments that follow will be far less stressful for you.

Kind regards, Susan

Saying a prayer for you
    Saying a prayer for you Elaine!
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Hi Elaine... I too am on the
    Hi Elaine... I too am on the Zoladex... I have had three of the injections, and to be honest my body hasn't responded to well... though it is getting better.. I'm on that with the Femara... Don't feel bad if you cry in the treatment area... I did ... and I felt bad for it, when so many others were having regular chemo treatments and sitting in their chairs for hours here I was ... crying over an injection into my belly...and being able to walk out 5 minutes later... I cried the second time too... so don't feel bad... it's all treatment...and all for the same thing... with or without tears I know you will handle it with grace and dignity..

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • blackroze1000
    taleena said:

Hi Elaine... I too am on the
    Hi Elaine... I too am on the Zoladex... I have had three of the injections, and to be honest my body hasn't responded to well... though it is getting better.. I'm on that with the Femara... Don't feel bad if you cry in the treatment area... I did ... and I felt bad for it, when so many others were having regular chemo treatments and sitting in their chairs for hours here I was ... crying over an injection into my belly...and being able to walk out 5 minutes later... I cried the second time too... so don't feel bad... it's all treatment...and all for the same thing... with or without tears I know you will handle it with grace and dignity..

♥ & hugs,

~T

Questions, Taleena
    Thank you so much for understanding. I will be paring my shots up with Arimidex in a few months, and radiation starts next week. I actually sucked it up for my first shot (no tears). But like I said, this is only my first one. How did you feel after your first one? When did you starat noticing something different? What side effects have you had? So many questions, I know, but I'm very interested.

Thank you to the rest of the girls, too, for your uplifting words. You really helped!!

Much love, Elaine
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member

Questions, Taleena
    Thank you so much for understanding. I will be paring my shots up with Arimidex in a few months, and radiation starts next week. I actually sucked it up for my first shot (no tears). But like I said, this is only my first one. How did you feel after your first one? When did you starat noticing something different? What side effects have you had? So many questions, I know, but I'm very interested.

Thank you to the rest of the girls, too, for your uplifting words. You really helped!!

Much love, Elaine

Hi Elaine
    Maybe your chemo room will be like mine and start all IV's, blood tests etc. in private rooms off the big room out of everyone's view. I really appreciated the privacy.

I hope your shots go well for you and are not painful. These treatments are never easy but cetainly life saving (I kept telling myself). :-)
  • blackroze1000
    Skeezie said:

Hi Elaine
    Maybe your chemo room will be like mine and start all IV's, blood tests etc. in private rooms off the big room out of everyone's view. I really appreciated the privacy.

I hope your shots go well for you and are not painful. These treatments are never easy but cetainly life saving (I kept telling myself). :-)

Thanks Skeezie!
    You're right -- they put me in a private room, which made me feel so much better. The shot was not painful at all, and of course well worth it. Thanks so much for your support!

Elaine
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member

Thanks Skeezie!
    You're right -- they put me in a private room, which made me feel so much better. The shot was not painful at all, and of course well worth it. Thanks so much for your support!

Elaine

Hi Elaine,
    I'm so happy it went well for you. These things are so terrifying. The Beast is bad enough but then we get poked, stuck and hurt getting rid of it. I was lucky and was given a tour of the chemo room etc. before I started so I knew what to expect. I was like you before and figured they would start the infusions out in the big room...I was so relieved they didn't.

Stomach shots still terrify me, I haven't had any so far but like you, just the thought of it is awful. You've made me feel better about them. We support each other and isn't it great?

Hugs, Judy :-)
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Skeezie said:

Hi Elaine,
    I'm so happy it went well for you. These things are so terrifying. The Beast is bad enough but then we get poked, stuck and hurt getting rid of it. I was lucky and was given a tour of the chemo room etc. before I started so I knew what to expect. I was like you before and figured they would start the infusions out in the big room...I was so relieved they didn't.

Stomach shots still terrify me, I haven't had any so far but like you, just the thought of it is awful. You've made me feel better about them. We support each other and isn't it great?

Hugs, Judy :-)

Hi Elaine and Taleena
    It look like I need to choose between a shot and ovary removal. Somehow I cannot make decision about another surgery, I am willing to try a shot. I need to switch from Tamoxifen to Arimedex/femara and I am not postmenopausal yet. How has been your experience so far?Could you give any advice suggestions about side effects? Do you get your shots every months or differently?
    Thanks,
    New Flower