? 4 Rad Girls

Bella Luna
Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Was wondering... should women who have had radiation not wear underwire bras after treatment? If any of you Ladies in Pink should know the scoop, do tell! Thank you, in advance, for your input.
BL

Comments

• pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Bras
    It was very uncomfortable to wear any bra (I don't wear underwire so can't speak to that specifically) by the end of my treatment. I wore bulky sweaters, layers, etc. and went braless. I'm small anyway so it didn't matter. I would think larger breasted women might have more to say on this.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Hi, Bella Luna, it's good to
    Hi, Bella Luna, it's good to see you posting. I actually wore the front fastening sports bras during rads. I finished on Christmas Eve and have been wearing underwires since healing from the "pink" skin. I haven't had any problems with them. Good luck!
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Hi, Bella Luna, it's good to
    Hi, Bella Luna, it's good to see you posting. I actually wore the front fastening sports bras during rads. I finished on Christmas Eve and have been wearing underwires since healing from the "pink" skin. I haven't had any problems with them. Good luck!

I am currently in Rads and
    I am currently in Rads and was told not to wear underwire and if possible no bra at all. Only durning Rads. I think it really depends on your skin and if your burning or not.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Thank you for your
    Thank you for your responses. I really appreciate you all taking the time to answer my question.

I guess what I should have asked is... Is it ok to wear underwire bras after finishing with radiation?

BL
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Kat11 said:

I am currently in Rads and
    I am currently in Rads and was told not to wear underwire and if possible no bra at all. Only durning Rads. I think it really depends on your skin and if your burning or not.

Yeah, I was told no
    Yeah, I was told no underwire...soft cotton that wont rub against the skin...
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member

Thank you for your
    Thank you for your responses. I really appreciate you all taking the time to answer my question.

I guess what I should have asked is... Is it ok to wear underwire bras after finishing with radiation?

BL

BL I'm back to wearing my
    BL I'm back to wearing my underwire bra's.... it took awhile for the healing process before I did, but about a month later my old pretty lace underwires were back on!!

Good luck!

♥ & hugs,

~T