Need to get out of "my head"

Options
sallyf
sallyf Member Posts: 33
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Anyone else experience this? I'm about 4 days out of my 2nd chemo, feeling lousy all over, and all I can think about is my current condition. I try to read, watch funny movies, take a walk, but I can't get out from under. And the lousy dreams...tidal waves, crashing chandeliers, dying animals.

I know I don't NEED to apologize, but I'm sure this isn't a fun post to read : /

Ahhhhh, feel like I'm going crazy. Does anyone else feel like that on the bad chemo days?

Thanks, Sally

Comments

• GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Sally
    I felt that way right after my diagnosis. Ask the doctor for some anti-anxiety medication. It helped me get through chemo and surgery without "losing it". Good luck.

Judy
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    You know I think I spent
    You know I think I spent most of that time on the computer. It tends to pull you out of your thoughts more than a book or tv.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Options
    dyaneb123 said:

You know I think I spent
    You know I think I spent most of that time on the computer. It tends to pull you out of your thoughts more than a book or tv.

I also spent most of my time
    I also spent most of my time on the computer. I could not focus on anything else.
  • Mama G
    Mama G Member Posts: 762
    Options
    Kat11 said:

I also spent most of my time
    I also spent most of my time on the computer. I could not focus on anything else.

I agree with all the above
    expecially the Zanax. Don't know how I would survive without it. I'd be a basket case.
    I only take it when I get to feeling like you describe and it knocks me out of that "depressingness".
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Options
    Yes, Yes, Yes
    I dreamed that I was in hurricane like waves somewhere like Hawaii and I had to swim all the way back to KC. I also dreamed that the stray cat I take care of was dead on my porch. I cried and cried, but it wasn't real. I also dreamed that some evil zombie like creature was trying to eat me one limb at a time. I kicked him and my kittie out of bed. She freaked, leaped up, and scratched my face. I think some of this is brought on by the chemo meds and the fevers that go along with it. They will pass. And when they do you will feel incredibly wonderful and reborn because of where you have come from.

Hang in there.

P
  • shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    Options
    no dreams
    Have not had any dreams but i do think about having bc a lot i am online a lot looking up diff info about it,I get upset about having it i just think why me? i know this to shell pass and it will..maybe before going to be you need to listen to some relaxing music hope that will help you rest better...girl power