So far so good!

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This afternoon was the last (12th) Taxol - YEAH it's done. There was good news before that too when I saw the Rad Dr. He had ordered a CT scan last week in prep for rads and he had the report back. Told me when I saw him before Chemo that there was no signs of anything 'off/strange' on it - in other words no signs of cancer at this time. So on Wed. I go in for mapping and a "sim" treatment with going back the next day (Thursday) to start the "real thing" for 25 days.

So all in all - a good day.

Susan

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Congrats on finishing the
    Congrats on finishing the chemo! I found radiation to be a breeze after chemo treatments. I hope you will too.
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Chemo Done = Huge Accomplishment!
    Congratulations! With hopes that rads will go easily for you. Great news from the scan, too.

Kind regards, Susan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Chemo Done = Huge Accomplishment!
    Congratulations! With hopes that rads will go easily for you. Great news from the scan, too.

Kind regards, Susan

Congrats on finishing! You
    Congrats on finishing! You will do fine with rads!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congrats, Susan!! I also
    Congrats, Susan!! I also found rads to be a breeze after chemo. Good luck!!
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Great News, Susan!
    So glad to hear you are going into Rads with NED. Couldn't be better news.

Congratulations again on finishing chemo. The toughest part is behind you.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Moopy23 said:

Great News, Susan!
    So glad to hear you are going into Rads with NED. Couldn't be better news.

Congratulations again on finishing chemo. The toughest part is behind you.

Congratulations
    Glad that part is over for you. i am in rads now and it's not bad at all.
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Kat11 said:

Congratulations
    Glad that part is over for you. i am in rads now and it's not bad at all.

Susan, so glad to hear the
    Susan, so glad to hear the chemo is over, and that you are moving on to the next step. Rads will be so much easier. Just be sure to rest when your body tells you, and continue to drink plenty of fluids. This too shall pass. Hugs. Judy
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Congrats
    Congrats on finishing chemo...didn't have to have it, but I think you'll find rads much easier. Good luck and God Bless...
    Julie
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    jbug said:

Congrats
    Congrats on finishing chemo...didn't have to have it, but I think you'll find rads much easier. Good luck and God Bless...
    Julie

Congrats - Susan ...
    May your rads be much easier on your body, mind and soul.

Mapping .. Well, let me tell you something about mapping .. Needles under your nipple, YEP .. not a fun test, but necessary to determind lymph node location (s).

Best of Luck ..

VickiSam
  • Rague
    VickiSam said:

Congrats - Susan ...
    May your rads be much easier on your body, mind and soul.

Mapping .. Well, let me tell you something about mapping .. Needles under your nipple, YEP .. not a fun test, but necessary to determind lymph node location (s).

Best of Luck ..

VickiSam

No nipple left for needles
    No nipple left for needles to stick - had a mod. rad. mastectomy with 18 lymphnodes taken out (or was it 18 that were positive - brain won't remember 'right' right now) so not much left there and little to no feeling under arm. Didn't really know exactly what it meant but was part of what needed to be done so I just said ooh OK. Nothing was said about sticking needles in me. Well I'll find out exactly what's going to happen when I get there but at least I'm now prepared to get sticks - so Thanks!

Susan
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Rague said:

No nipple left for needles
    No nipple left for needles to stick - had a mod. rad. mastectomy with 18 lymphnodes taken out (or was it 18 that were positive - brain won't remember 'right' right now) so not much left there and little to no feeling under arm. Didn't really know exactly what it meant but was part of what needed to be done so I just said ooh OK. Nothing was said about sticking needles in me. Well I'll find out exactly what's going to happen when I get there but at least I'm now prepared to get sticks - so Thanks!

Susan

Vickie Sam,I did not have
    Vickie Sam,
    I did not have any needles stuck under my nipples or anywhere else. I don't know if anyone else has but I don't remember anyone mentioning this. What type of radiation did you have? I know that radiation can vary so I am curious if this why this is done. I did a CT scan and then they mapped the are which I thought was when they were drawing all over me, then they did the tiny tattoos. I had my breast and lymph node area done. It is interesting how all of the treatments varies from person to person. I must say I am glad I did not need needles under my nipples. I did have needles (shots actually) around my nipples for the sentinel node biopsy. That was a stinging experience but doable.
    Stef
  • Rague
    fauxma said:

Vickie Sam,I did not have
    Vickie Sam,
    I did not have any needles stuck under my nipples or anywhere else. I don't know if anyone else has but I don't remember anyone mentioning this. What type of radiation did you have? I know that radiation can vary so I am curious if this why this is done. I did a CT scan and then they mapped the are which I thought was when they were drawing all over me, then they did the tiny tattoos. I had my breast and lymph node area done. It is interesting how all of the treatments varies from person to person. I must say I am glad I did not need needles under my nipples. I did have needles (shots actually) around my nipples for the sentinel node biopsy. That was a stinging experience but doable.
    Stef

That's more or less what I
    That's more or less what I thought would happen. Yesterday his techs put some BB's and taped them down then he came in and checked their placement and said they were fine. They did a CT scan that they said was for him to use so he could do the mapping on Wed. Then they took the BB's off and marked where they had beenwith a marker.
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    Rague said:

That's more or less what I
    That's more or less what I thought would happen. Yesterday his techs put some BB's and taped them down then he came in and checked their placement and said they were fine. They did a CT scan that they said was for him to use so he could do the mapping on Wed. Then they took the BB's off and marked where they had beenwith a marker.

No Needles
    I have never heard of needles in your nipples for rads. I just finished. The only needles I had, and, they weren't hardly needles were for the tiny tattoos and they were teeny tiny. I barely felt the 3 pricks. Are you getting the tattoos? You won't be stuck with needles in your nipple. Good luck!

Megan
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Megan M said:

No Needles
    I have never heard of needles in your nipples for rads. I just finished. The only needles I had, and, they weren't hardly needles were for the tiny tattoos and they were teeny tiny. I barely felt the 3 pricks. Are you getting the tattoos? You won't be stuck with needles in your nipple. Good luck!

Megan

Rague,
    Just to ease your

Rague,
    Just to ease your mind, I went back and I see that VickiSam hasn't done radiation. I think she completed chemo in December and is getting ready for surgery. If I remember right she said she was told she would need to do radiation. I think she is confusing the mapping for finding the sentinel nodes with the type of mapping you are having done for radiation. A very easy mistake to make. If I am wrong VickiSam, forgive me. I just didn't want Rague worrying about needles being put anywhere in her body, other than the possible tiny stick of a tattoo.

Stef
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    fauxma said:

Rague,
    Just to ease your

Rague,
    Just to ease your mind, I went back and I see that VickiSam hasn't done radiation. I think she completed chemo in December and is getting ready for surgery. If I remember right she said she was told she would need to do radiation. I think she is confusing the mapping for finding the sentinel nodes with the type of mapping you are having done for radiation. A very easy mistake to make. If I am wrong VickiSam, forgive me. I just didn't want Rague worrying about needles being put anywhere in her body, other than the possible tiny stick of a tattoo.

Stef

You are right Stef. I am
    You are right Stef. I am glad that you posted this. You won't have any needles in your nipples Rague! I don't know what Vicki is talking about. It doesn't happen when you get the mapping for rads or the regular treatments. You just get a couple of lil pricks if you get the tattoos, and, that doesn't hurt. Good luck!

Sue :)