edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1

removed

Comments

• dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    Welcome Devotion10,
    First,

Welcome Devotion10,

First, let me say I was Stage III so I don't have personal experience but I'm sure many, many will jump in to say this does NOT sound right.

Surgery may not be an option today, but no surgery because of 'distant spread'? [Comment deleted by CSN staff.] Almost every Stage IV member here has had spread to either or both. Some have spread to the adrenal glands or bones. Treatment continues.

If the cancer returned to the exact spot, that leads me to believe it was not fully removed in 2008. Let me guess, no chemo back then.

I'm so sorry for this dx but do NOT give up! [Comment removed by ACS staff.]
    Again, I welcome you and your husband.
    Diane
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    I am so sorry!
    What a horrible shock for you both!

I've had a couple of recurrences and they always bring such a terrible sinking feeling. Almost worse than the original diagnosis. I hope you can get the opinion of a few more surgeons. I know there are many folks here who have had surgery on multiple metastatic sites.

Rob; in Vancouver
  • devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member
    robinvan said:

I am so sorry!
    What a horrible shock for you both!

I've had a couple of recurrences and they always bring such a terrible sinking feeling. Almost worse than the original diagnosis. I hope you can get the opinion of a few more surgeons. I know there are many folks here who have had surgery on multiple metastatic sites.

Rob; in Vancouver

Thank you Rob
    I so appreciate your kind words. You have a lovely family and it was nice of you to respond.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Welcome
    Hi. Welcome to the board. I'm sure that there will be others who can give more advice on chemo and such. My cancer was discovered early, so I have not had that experiece.

I just want to say that I'm sorry this has happened to your husband, and I understand how you would be so worried. I hope that things will improve greatly in the future.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • devotion10
    devotion10 Member Posts: 623 Member

Welcome Devotion10,
    First,

Welcome Devotion10,

First, let me say I was Stage III so I don't have personal experience but I'm sure many, many will jump in to say this does NOT sound right.

Surgery may not be an option today, but no surgery because of 'distant spread'? [Comment deleted by CSN staff.] Almost every Stage IV member here has had spread to either or both. Some have spread to the adrenal glands or bones. Treatment continues.

If the cancer returned to the exact spot, that leads me to believe it was not fully removed in 2008. Let me guess, no chemo back then.

I'm so sorry for this dx but do NOT give up! [Comment removed by ACS staff.]
    Again, I welcome you and your husband.
    Diane

Surgery Possible?

removed