still waiting for chemo

debbie054
debbie054 Member Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
A newbie to the site here. I had a lymp with 14 nodes and 7 pos.Had my surgery Dec 1st.then got broncitis and asthma. I have had to cancel getting port and starting chemo twice now. Hoping to get port Jan.19. Just want to get started and over with

Comments

• Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    Hi Debbie
    Welcome, ya they can not do chemo if you are sick already. I understand how you would want to get this over already. The waiting is a pain. Keep in touch and let us know how your doing.
  • debbie054
    Kat11 said:

Hi Debbie
    Welcome, ya they can not do chemo if you are sick already. I understand how you would want to get this over already. The waiting is a pain. Keep in touch and let us know how your doing.

Another Newbie
    Thank you. This is really a good site to keep your spirit up. I have been reading it for about 2 weeks but just decided today to join.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    debbie054 said:

Another Newbie
    Thank you. This is really a good site to keep your spirit up. I have been reading it for about 2 weeks but just decided today to join.

Debbie
    So glad you found us. It's a great site. I really don't know what I would have done without it. Most of us read some of the posts before we joined. You won't be sorry. I was Dx in April and this site with all the wonderful member got me through and is still getting me through. Again welcome
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Hi Debbie and welcome! I
    Hi Debbie and welcome! I hope that you get better soon and can get started with chemo. Wishing you the best of luck with it!
  • debbie054

Hi Debbie and welcome! I
    Hi Debbie and welcome! I hope that you get better soon and can get started with chemo. Wishing you the best of luck with it!

feeling better
    am feeling much better today hope my dr. says it is o.k. to go ahead and get the port tomorrow keep me in your prayers
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I dreaded starting chemo but
    I dreaded starting chemo but like you just wanted to get it over with. Hope you feel better soon and can get it over with. Hugs.
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    Marcia527 said:

I dreaded starting chemo but
    I dreaded starting chemo but like you just wanted to get it over with. Hope you feel better soon and can get it over with. Hugs.

wishing you luck
    wishing you the best good luck!

:0) teresa
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    teresa41 said:

wishing you luck
    wishing you the best good luck!

:0) teresa

Good luck Debbie!
    Hugs,

Good luck Debbie!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Hi, Debbie. I just wanted
    Hi, Debbie. I just wanted to welcome you to the best site you could have found. We are a group of very caring, knowledgeable, supportive and loving people. I have recently finished chemo and rads. All I can tell you is that it is ALL very do-able. We'll be with you every step of the way. Post often and take care.
  • Darlene_Mays
    Darlene_Mays Member Posts: 20
    A newbie, too.
    I am also new to this site, but derive such comfort from reading the comments. I will be having a port implanted on the 20th...I hope yours goes well on the 19th. My first chemo is set for the 1st of Feb. Guess I'll be bald by my birthday on the 24th...not what I had planned! Look forward to future postings.
  • debbie054

A newbie, too.
    I am also new to this site, but derive such comfort from reading the comments. I will be having a port implanted on the 20th...I hope yours goes well on the 19th. My first chemo is set for the 1st of Feb. Guess I'll be bald by my birthday on the 24th...not what I had planned! Look forward to future postings.

port going in
    Went to Dr. this morning and port is going in tuesday morn. Just want to get started with something. You feel kinda helpless when you are just waiting.My 1st chemo is set for Thursday. Darlene I will post tomorrow if possible to let you know how it is.
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    debbie054 said:

port going in
    Went to Dr. this morning and port is going in tuesday morn. Just want to get started with something. You feel kinda helpless when you are just waiting.My 1st chemo is set for Thursday. Darlene I will post tomorrow if possible to let you know how it is.

Good luck Debbie with your
    Good luck Debbie with your port and with chemo!
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Good Luck
    Debbie,

I know it's so hard to be patient when you are looking forward to getting chemo over with. Sorry you were sick, but hopefully you can now get started. I start chemo on Monday so it looks like we will be having it at the same time.

Hugs,
    Tina
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Tinabug said:

Good Luck
    Debbie,

I know it's so hard to be patient when you are looking forward to getting chemo over with. Sorry you were sick, but hopefully you can now get started. I start chemo on Monday so it looks like we will be having it at the same time.

Hugs,
    Tina

Sending you positive
    Sending you positive thoughts and good luck wishes Debbie!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    Hi! I'm new too! Surgery
    Hi! I'm new too! Surgery was Dec 11th, port this Friday, chemo start on Feb 3rd. Hugs to you!
  • debbie054
    JanInMN said:

Hi! I'm new too! Surgery
    Hi! I'm new too! Surgery was Dec 11th, port this Friday, chemo start on Feb 3rd. Hugs to you!

I had my 1st chemo on the
    I had my 1st chemo on the 21st and it hasn't really been that bad. On the 3rd day I had a headache and on the4th day really tired but that's about it. I just wish they would all be that easy