lung cancer 4 stage met.to the brain

Rosi
Rosi Member Posts: 69
edited March 2014 in Lung Cancer #1
My husband just called and told me that the doctor told him the xrays of his lungs are clear.
I think I am dreaming!!!
Seven months ego, my husband was told:" you have lung cancer 4 stage metas. to your brains" I just new he was dying,after six quemos and a gama knife surgery and taking tarceva.
I hope you understand me,(I do not speak o write English very well)
Now my husband is well!!!! thank you God

Comments

• MommasGirl527
    MommasGirl527 Member Posts: 8
    Congrats
    Rosi,

That is excellent news!! My mother was just diagnosed with the same thing and has just finished her first round of radiation. She will begin Chemo in a couple of weeks, then surgery for the lung and brain tumors.

It does my heart good to see such great survival stories.

All the best to you and your husband!!
  • cobra1122
    cobra1122 Member Posts: 244
    No greater gift
    Rosi, you wrote perfectlly well, I understand that your Husband was grace with Gods gift and healing hand. This truly is a gfit for the Holiday and one you both I am sure are greatly thankful for. Never give up hope, this disease has its ups and downs, but never give up hope and faith, they are the comfort and they help us get through the times we don't think we will.

God Bless You both and Our Prayers continue for you both,
    Dan (cobra1122) and Margi Harmon
  • Rosi
    cobra1122 said:

No greater gift
    Rosi, you wrote perfectlly well, I understand that your Husband was grace with Gods gift and healing hand. This truly is a gfit for the Holiday and one you both I am sure are greatly thankful for. Never give up hope, this disease has its ups and downs, but never give up hope and faith, they are the comfort and they help us get through the times we don't think we will.

God Bless You both and Our Prayers continue for you both,
    Dan (cobra1122) and Margi Harmon

thank you
    The doctors told him that he was responding very well to the chemo and tarceva, but I think this is a miracle, just trust in God and He will do the rest.'
    I think cancer is the devil you have to fight with God.
  • laconetta
    laconetta Member Posts: 4
    Rosi said:

thank you
    The doctors told him that he was responding very well to the chemo and tarceva, but I think this is a miracle, just trust in God and He will do the rest.'
    I think cancer is the devil you have to fight with God.

So Happy to hear that, Rosi.
    So Happy to hear that, Rosi. It makes me hopeful that some day SOON we will get the same news for my boyfriend. Merry Christmas!
  • Rosi
    laconetta said:

So Happy to hear that, Rosi.
    So Happy to hear that, Rosi. It makes me hopeful that some day SOON we will get the same news for my boyfriend. Merry Christmas!

Thank you
    Hello: my husband just had a pet scan and the dr. told him:"YOU ARE IN REMISION" thank you for your prayers, I hope I can snap out of this depression!It was very hard on me.
  • CCAOG
    CCAOG Member Posts: 31
    Rosi said:

Thank you
    Hello: my husband just had a pet scan and the dr. told him:"YOU ARE IN REMISION" thank you for your prayers, I hope I can snap out of this depression!It was very hard on me.

Yee Haw
    Rosi, Great to hear that big REMISSION there. Give your man a big hug. Treat him like he just came home from a war. Get the most out of every day. Love life, its a beautiful thing. Thank God for he does do miracles.
  • Rosi
    CCAOG said:

Yee Haw
    Rosi, Great to hear that big REMISSION there. Give your man a big hug. Treat him like he just came home from a war. Get the most out of every day. Love life, its a beautiful thing. Thank God for he does do miracles.

I am here again
    The nerosurgeon just told my husband that the MRI shows several small dots in the brain.
    It was to good to be thrue!
    I am so sad! they talking about doing whole brain surgery, I hate cancer!!
  • Rosi
    Rosi said:

I am here again
    The nerosurgeon just told my husband that the MRI shows several small dots in the brain.
    It was to good to be thrue!
    I am so sad! they talking about doing whole brain surgery, I hate cancer!!

Me again
    After geting de good news about the remission, i had so much hope! now that the doctor told as that my husband has 8 small tumors all over his head. I search in the internet and found that WHR really does not work and the side effects are bad because they kill good cells.
    Can somebody told me if they had whole brain radiaccion? help I am so scare!
  • Laura88
    Laura88 Member Posts: 47
    Rosi said:

Me again
    After geting de good news about the remission, i had so much hope! now that the doctor told as that my husband has 8 small tumors all over his head. I search in the internet and found that WHR really does not work and the side effects are bad because they kill good cells.
    Can somebody told me if they had whole brain radiaccion? help I am so scare!

Whole Brain Radiation
    Hi -- I finished a three week run of WBR today. I fortunately had no side effects with the exception of fatigue, although to be fair I am working full time. I go for treatment and then come to work so by the time I get home I am pretty much done. I sit in a chair and watch TV and go to bed at 9:30, but I, too, read very scary things about the radiation so I am thrilled this is all I have.

I too was told I was in remission and two weeks later found bone mets in my pelvis and three small mets on my brain. I was sent reeling for sure, so I know how you feel for sure. It took me a while to regroup, but we need to stay strong and move forward, you know? Again, I have been fine through radiation and I'm having my pelvis radiated, also. My doctors have said WBR is very effective -- I will have scans in a few weeks -- I'll certainly let you know. Best wishes to you and your husband. It's a long, lonely road. Please do find me if there's any way I can help and encourage you. Laura
  • SueC21
    SueC21 Member Posts: 11
    Laura88 said:

Whole Brain Radiation
    Hi -- I finished a three week run of WBR today. I fortunately had no side effects with the exception of fatigue, although to be fair I am working full time. I go for treatment and then come to work so by the time I get home I am pretty much done. I sit in a chair and watch TV and go to bed at 9:30, but I, too, read very scary things about the radiation so I am thrilled this is all I have.

I too was told I was in remission and two weeks later found bone mets in my pelvis and three small mets on my brain. I was sent reeling for sure, so I know how you feel for sure. It took me a while to regroup, but we need to stay strong and move forward, you know? Again, I have been fine through radiation and I'm having my pelvis radiated, also. My doctors have said WBR is very effective -- I will have scans in a few weeks -- I'll certainly let you know. Best wishes to you and your husband. It's a long, lonely road. Please do find me if there's any way I can help and encourage you. Laura

Rosi regarding WBR
    Hello,

I am new to this site, but have been reading everyones posts and it has helped me get through this new phase of my life. In anycase my husband was dx in Dec 09 with Stage IV Lung Cancer with mets to the brain, eye and liver.

He did 10 rounds of WBR and on Wed 1/27 he had an MRI done and it shows all of the 7 spots on his brain have shrunk. He did very well thru the radiation with the only side effect being fatigue. He was fortunate enough that he was not working at the time. But overall did very well and we have seen results. Back in 2 mos for another MRI.

My advise would be if your husband is healthy enough go for it. I hope this helps. This has been a difficult journey for us too. I look to God to help us get through this.

Will keep all of you in my prayers. God Bless.
    Sue
  • Rosi
    SueC21 said:

Rosi regarding WBR
    Hello,

I am new to this site, but have been reading everyones posts and it has helped me get through this new phase of my life. In anycase my husband was dx in Dec 09 with Stage IV Lung Cancer with mets to the brain, eye and liver.

He did 10 rounds of WBR and on Wed 1/27 he had an MRI done and it shows all of the 7 spots on his brain have shrunk. He did very well thru the radiation with the only side effect being fatigue. He was fortunate enough that he was not working at the time. But overall did very well and we have seen results. Back in 2 mos for another MRI.

My advise would be if your husband is healthy enough go for it. I hope this helps. This has been a difficult journey for us too. I look to God to help us get through this.

Will keep all of you in my prayers. God Bless.
    Sue

Thank you
    Thank you Laura and Sue for you encouraging letters, Tomorrow he will start 2 weeks of WHBR and after reading your letters I can see a little light at the end of the tunnel thanks and God bless you. A coworker told me:" don`t try to beat cancer just be one step ahead"
  • Laura88
    Laura88 Member Posts: 47
    Rosi said:

Thank you
    Thank you Laura and Sue for you encouraging letters, Tomorrow he will start 2 weeks of WHBR and after reading your letters I can see a little light at the end of the tunnel thanks and God bless you. A coworker told me:" don`t try to beat cancer just be one step ahead"

And -- one day at a time.
    And -- one day at a time. Let us know how it's going. Laura
  • Rosi
    Laura88 said:

And -- one day at a time.
    And -- one day at a time. Let us know how it's going. Laura

I am so sad
    My husband is finished with the WHR, but I can see his health is getting so bad, he is 63 years old and he looks like 90 year old men, he is so week and he tell me that he does not have any goods days anymore. I work full time and i hate to see him going all day by himself.
    I am very depresed, sometimes I call God and do not get any respond.
    Please pray for me. I need help...
  • tessyc
    tessyc Member Posts: 9
    Rosi said:

I am so sad
    My husband is finished with the WHR, but I can see his health is getting so bad, he is 63 years old and he looks like 90 year old men, he is so week and he tell me that he does not have any goods days anymore. I work full time and i hate to see him going all day by himself.

From one caregiver to another
    My mom had WBR and it took it's toll in the beginning, exhausted, tired and very depressed when her hair fell out. You see it was her crowning glory. After awhile she did bounce back although not 100 percent. And her poker straight hair came back curly. But her brain has been clear for two years. Don't give up hope we are all here fighting with you.
  • cobra1122
    cobra1122 Member Posts: 244
    Rosi said:

I am so sad

Keep Hope alive
    We are so sorry to hear your husbands current situation, but please keep hope in your heart. My wife and I are faced with a very similar situation, the only peace we can find is our faith and hope. We pray for today, that we can just find ourselves cherishing the day together. I am as I posted before only 49yrs old. (50 on 5/2 this year) and am on Hospice, my wife as you works and like you she hates to leave me to go to work. But because of Hospice she finds some small amount of peace that I am not all alone. We take every moment we have and life it to the fullest. We can't waste time on what Ida or why's, no one has a forsure in life , cancer or not.
    I only hope that your husband can find peace , as I have and with the help of my Docs I can function somewhat pain free. His journey now I realize is a very hard and stressful one, but as hard as it may seem you both need to keep a positive out look. No one can say they know what your going through because we all deal differently with this type of ordeal. My wife and I face the almost same future as you, we can only say our prayers are with you both. As I posted before I have been battling lung cancer for 2+yes and have other serious health problems, but we keep hope and faith in our hearts and laughter in our voice. Humor has helped us deal with somethings that otherwise would have driven us crazy.
    Is there anything else the Docs can try, if your husband is willing? Do you feel they have done a thorough treatment program? I only ask because as with me everything was done to the best possible treatment program. My wife and I had to come to terms with the fact the battle now was with in and my only treatment now is to live life to the fullest and cherish every moment we have together, create memories for everyone, and find peace in where my future is ( in my faith). It is hard, but never give up, look into clinical trials, any other possible things that might be of help. Investigate each before trying, some unfortunately , as we foundout the hard way, are smoke and mirrors, no help excepted to separate us from our money( which is tight).

Our Prayers and Best Wishes to Your Husband, You, and Your Family,
    Dan ( cobra1122) and Margi Harmon
  • Rosi
    cobra1122 said:

Keep Hope alive
    We are so sorry to hear your husbands current situation, but please keep hope in your heart. My wife and I are faced with a very similar situation, the only peace we can find is our faith and hope. We pray for today, that we can just find ourselves cherishing the day together. I am as I posted before only 49yrs old. (50 on 5/2 this year) and am on Hospice, my wife as you works and like you she hates to leave me to go to work. But because of Hospice she finds some small amount of peace that I am not all alone. We take every moment we have and life it to the fullest. We can't waste time on what Ida or why's, no one has a forsure in life , cancer or not.
    I only hope that your husband can find peace , as I have and with the help of my Docs I can function somewhat pain free. His journey now I realize is a very hard and stressful one, but as hard as it may seem you both need to keep a positive out look. No one can say they know what your going through because we all deal differently with this type of ordeal. My wife and I face the almost same future as you, we can only say our prayers are with you both. As I posted before I have been battling lung cancer for 2+yes and have other serious health problems, but we keep hope and faith in our hearts and laughter in our voice. Humor has helped us deal with somethings that otherwise would have driven us crazy.
    Is there anything else the Docs can try, if your husband is willing? Do you feel they have done a thorough treatment program? I only ask because as with me everything was done to the best possible treatment program. My wife and I had to come to terms with the fact the battle now was with in and my only treatment now is to live life to the fullest and cherish every moment we have together, create memories for everyone, and find peace in where my future is ( in my faith). It is hard, but never give up, look into clinical trials, any other possible things that might be of help. Investigate each before trying, some unfortunately , as we foundout the hard way, are smoke and mirrors, no help excepted to separate us from our money( which is tight).

Our Prayers and Best Wishes to Your Husband, You, and Your Family,
    Dan ( cobra1122) and Margi Harmon

Rosi
    Thank you my dear friends ( in cancer world) what a nasty way to say, but I think I am feeling sorry for myself, because I feel that my world would end when my husband is gone. I donot know how to live with out him...Sometimes I feel that we are in God hans and everything will be ok. and sometimes when I see my dear husband with this cancer fatigue I just want to cry and cry WHY!!!!WHY!!!!him and not me?
    I pray all the time and ask God to take cancer from the world and them I think about the wonderful things tecnology is doing for cancer;that is God answer to me....lets keep going and trusting in Jesus, WITH HIM ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!
    I love my friends and thank you!
    Rosi
  • markgrosse
    markgrosse Member Posts: 1
    Rosi said:

Rosi
    Thank you my dear friends ( in cancer world) what a nasty way to say, but I think I am feeling sorry for myself, because I feel that my world would end when my husband is gone. I donot know how to live with out him...Sometimes I feel that we are in God hans and everything will be ok. and sometimes when I see my dear husband with this cancer fatigue I just want to cry and cry WHY!!!!WHY!!!!him and not me?
    I pray all the time and ask God to take cancer from the world and them I think about the wonderful things tecnology is doing for cancer;that is God answer to me....lets keep going and trusting in Jesus, WITH HIM ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!
    I love my friends and thank you!
    Rosi

dear rossi i know how you feel
    rossi.. i truly know how you feel..I just lost the love of my life febuary 20 not even a month yet ...and i can understand what your going through..the sitting up hoping and praying..my wife problems started one day she came home ..complaining of bad head aches off and on for a week until we took her in to the hosptial and they ran test..came back tumor in the brain..three days later the doctors operated got it out they say..we were so happy til they said they needed to do a biopsy..two more weeks of waiting .and when it came back..we asked and the doctor said it was lung tissue ..lung cancer when he said that .all we could do was just lock eyes..it was like our 12 years started to flash before our eyes..two weeks later they referred her to hospice ..well to shorten this ..she passed away three months and 20 after being told..so sweety hope you dont mind me saying that ..enjoy every day you have ..every hour..every smile and record every word .your love says in your mind..and never stop praying ..because for some they are answered..god be with you and your love..http://www.gonetoosoon.org/garden/markgrosse/..please feel free to to come to my site i opened for my wife
  • Rosi

dear rossi i know how you feel
    rossi.. i truly know how you feel..I just lost the love of my life febuary 20 not even a month yet ...and i can understand what your going through..the sitting up hoping and praying..my wife problems started one day she came home ..complaining of bad head aches off and on for a week until we took her in to the hosptial and they ran test..came back tumor in the brain..three days later the doctors operated got it out they say..we were so happy til they said they needed to do a biopsy..two more weeks of waiting .and when it came back..we asked and the doctor said it was lung tissue ..lung cancer when he said that .all we could do was just lock eyes..it was like our 12 years started to flash before our eyes..two weeks later they referred her to hospice ..well to shorten this ..she passed away three months and 20 after being told..so sweety hope you dont mind me saying that ..enjoy every day you have ..every hour..every smile and record every word .your love says in your mind..and never stop praying ..because for some they are answered..god be with you and your love..http://www.gonetoosoon.org/garden/markgrosse/..please feel free to to come to my site i opened for my wife

Good news
    After a PET-scan and an MRI the doctor told us no sign of CANCER the 8 small tumors he had in his brain are gone, from the neck down nothing nothing.
    My dear friends lets keep praying and lets be strong. We will win. CANCER IS EVIL!!! and I pray every day for the cure.....Love you Rosi
  • crick
    crick Member Posts: 8
    Rosi said:

Good news
    After a PET-scan and an MRI the doctor told us no sign of CANCER the 8 small tumors he had in his brain are gone, from the neck down nothing nothing.
    My dear friends lets keep praying and lets be strong. We will win. CANCER IS EVIL!!! and I pray every day for the cure.....Love you Rosi

We are not alone
    Rosi - we have a similar experience. My wife had a PET/Scan and her doctor called this past Monday that there was no sign of cancer. Today we received a call from the Radiation Doctor and his Nurse told us that the MRI of the brain showed something very small not to worrying that the radiation can take care of it (easy for them to say). We have an appointment to see him on Tuesday to start the planning for her brain radiation treatments. The brain radiation does not surprise, since we have have been advised from the start that due to her type of lung cancer, radiation to the brain is part of the treatment. We did not expect for them to find anything. But with cancer we need to expect the unexpected and most importantly keep our hope and faith.

I wish you and your husband the best.
    crick
  • Rosi
    crick said:

We are not alone
    Rosi - we have a similar experience. My wife had a PET/Scan and her doctor called this past Monday that there was no sign of cancer. Today we received a call from the Radiation Doctor and his Nurse told us that the MRI of the brain showed something very small not to worrying that the radiation can take care of it (easy for them to say). We have an appointment to see him on Tuesday to start the planning for her brain radiation treatments. The brain radiation does not surprise, since we have have been advised from the start that due to her type of lung cancer, radiation to the brain is part of the treatment. We did not expect for them to find anything. But with cancer we need to expect the unexpected and most importantly keep our hope and faith.

I wish you and your husband the best.
    crick

hope
    Hi Crick,you are right CANCER can be mean and with hope and prayers we can win,and my plan is for my husband to gain some weight and get strong,b/c when the evil cancer returns we will be ready for the fight again.
    God bless
    Romé