Weather here in Maine

tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
12° F
Feels Like: -5° F
Wind: From WNW at 16mph gusting to 31mph

That is right now and it is only going to get colder this weekend.
I think the plan will be for staying inside all weekend with the wind chill being so bad.

Margo

Comments

• Lynda53
    Lynda53 Member Posts: 210
    Margo same south of Boston
    Yesterday for the home commute,a 20 minute huge snow squall,hitting areas every few minutes, dumped a quick 2-3" snow, then froze, the wind was magificent.
    I have to go out this am, and that is it for the weekend, I am in with the comforter and the remote!
    Peace
  • Zhentup
    Zhentup Member Posts: 43
    Same here, of course
    I guess we're done with our January thaw! I was able to get a couple of nice walks in and it felt awfully good! We know what they say about Maine weather: if you don't like it just wait a minute!

Sending warm hugs...
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    It's rainy and cold here in
    It's rainy and cold here in Texas. Right now it's 37 degrees and high is only getting to 50. I'm staying indoors.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Margo, all I can say is
    Margo, all I can say is burrrr. How about you put on a pot of chowda and we'll all come to your house? LOL. Stay warm!!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yep...
    Just about the same around here. A good weekend to hunker down indoors, bundled up. Warm clothes, extra blankets.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    So far, I'd say this has
    So far, I'd say this has been the Winter from Hell, but it is more like the winter from the Arctic Circle. Or Canada. (no offense, Tasha)

Hope you and your little man stay warm and inside.
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Here in MT.
    It has been 20 below for the last 3 days today 12 degrees so far...i'm so over winter already waiting for sunshine! Have a great but warm day Margo and Jake:)
    hugs, jackie
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Moopy23 said:

So far, I'd say this has
    So far, I'd say this has been the Winter from Hell, but it is more like the winter from the Arctic Circle. Or Canada. (no offense, Tasha)

Hope you and your little man stay warm and inside.

Burrrrr
    A very cloudy 19 degrees here in Bloomington, Indiana ... and I'm tired of this stuff. I'd say I'm ready for spring ... but that always means tornados ... so ... I guess I'm ready for summer!

hugs.
    teena
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Yup! Same here!
    Winds were really something. Took a tree down just down the road with wires. Luckily, my electricity was not affected.

My solution is tea, a cuddly blanket, 3 cats and a dog!

Stay warm!

Sue
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Cold here in Michigan as
    Cold here in Michigan as well. I am planning on staying in. So looking forward to spring and being able to get outside. Take care, pink sisters, and keep warm. Marilyn
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Spring
    6 weeks until spring!!! That's too long for me:)
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    Maine
    I hear Maine is a very pretty state. I would like to visit the area sometime, but not when it is -12 degrees. It is cold here in Kansas City. But 19 degrees is probably a heat wave compare to -12. Stay warm.

P
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    rjjj said:

Here in MT.
    It has been 20 below for the last 3 days today 12 degrees so far...i'm so over winter already waiting for sunshine! Have a great but warm day Margo and Jake:)
    hugs, jackie

Enjoy the heat wave, Jackie!
    We were supposed to get 6-8" (of SNOW, you perverts) on Thursday night. We woke up on Friday morning to a dusting - just enough to screw up morning rush hour traffic. Not that it takes much to accomplish that.

We weren't supposed to get any snow last night, but instead we got 7" (of SNOW, you perverts). And Moopy has just broken me the good news and bad news.

Good news: She's feeling good today and well rested and all that.
    Bad news: This means I have to take her out shopping.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Aortus said:

Enjoy the heat wave, Jackie!
    We were supposed to get 6-8" (of SNOW, you perverts) on Thursday night. We woke up on Friday morning to a dusting - just enough to screw up morning rush hour traffic. Not that it takes much to accomplish that.

We weren't supposed to get any snow last night, but instead we got 7" (of SNOW, you perverts). And Moopy has just broken me the good news and bad news.

Good news: She's feeling good today and well rested and all that.
    Bad news: This means I have to take her out shopping.

Aortus,
    You know that is

Aortus,
    You know that is good news, good news. At least from the Moopy stand point. My hubby is willing to go shopping with me but like you, it's not like he suggests it, or does flips about going. Unless it's Home Improvement stuff. Like if we're going to build a little shelf and we need $300 worth of new tools to complete the job. LOL

Enjoy the shopping and even more, the day with your Moopy.
    Stef