My first treatment

margo54
margo54 Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Everybody,

Thanks for all your support. Everything went very well today, I had the back room all to myself today. Had tv and the remote in hand, had all the judge shows going lol.
I know that I snoozed alot off and on. They gave me the big boost of benadryl. So that knocked me out. Had the herceptin trmnt,along with the taxetere and paraplatin. Then after all that a shot in the arm for helping the blood count. But like I said everything went smooth.
Had snaks, they fixed me some soup for lunch and had extra water. And they gave me a blanket that a former patient makes out of fleece to give to the new patients. It was really awesome.Now to see what the next few days bring. Talk to you all later
Margo54

Comments

• Sunrae
    Sunrae Member Posts: 808
    Margo, hope you continue to
    Margo, hope you continue to do well. Thanks for letting us know how it went. Rest, relax and take good care of yourself.
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Sunrae said:

Margo, hope you continue to
    Margo, hope you continue to do well. Thanks for letting us know how it went. Rest, relax and take good care of yourself.

Glad things were ok for you
    Glad things were ok for you Margo! Now just relax and don't try to do too much and take your antinausea meds.
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

Glad things were ok for you
    Glad things were ok for you Margo! Now just relax and don't try to do too much and take your antinausea meds.

Glad to hear it all went
    Glad to hear it all went well for you.
  • JanInMN
    JanInMN Member Posts: 149
    I think it is great that
    I think it is great that volunteers make "comfort items" for chemo patients! Where I go, there are all these cute knitted hats that a local church makes for patients to take. It really makes you feel cared for. So glad things went well for you! Hugs!
    Jan
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Margo
    Thank you for checking in with us, so glad to hear your first one went well. Wow! and to have the whole room & tv all to yourself, food & beverages served, and napping included?! Can't beat that for relaxing. (Almost sounds like you were off on a tropical island somewhere)lol
    Take gentle care of yourself
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    Margo I am glad you checked in I have been checking today to see if there was a note from you. Glad it went well, please rest now and be kind to yourself and of course drink plenty of fluids. We are here for you.

Hugs,

RE
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    RE said:

:-)
    Margo I am glad you checked in I have been checking today to see if there was a note from you. Glad it went well, please rest now and be kind to yourself and of course drink plenty of fluids. We are here for you.

Hugs,

RE

Great
    Thats fantastic...so glad u did well! Keep up that positive additude!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    So glad...
    That all went well for you today. Very nice that you were made to feel as comfortable as possible (considering the circumstances!).

Now, drink plenty of water/fluids. And take special care of yourself.

Kind regards, Susan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

So glad...
    That all went well for you today. Very nice that you were made to feel as comfortable as possible (considering the circumstances!).

Now, drink plenty of water/fluids. And take special care of yourself.

Kind regards, Susan

So happy that your chemo
    So happy that your chemo went so well for you Margo. Praying that it continues like that!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Margo, thanks for checking
    Margo, thanks for checking in. That's great news on being treated like royalty. That's the way it should be. Take care and good luck!!
  • Angel_4_James
    Angel_4_James Member Posts: 73
    So glad yours went well too.
    So glad yours went well too. I had my first treatment on the 12th and like you it all went well. I am so thankful. Make sure you listen to your body and rest when it tells you too and like others have said keep plenty of fluids in you to flush this out and take it slow.

Blessngs and hugs to you
    Angel
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

So glad yours went well too.
    So glad yours went well too. I had my first treatment on the 12th and like you it all went well. I am so thankful. Make sure you listen to your body and rest when it tells you too and like others have said keep plenty of fluids in you to flush this out and take it slow.

Blessngs and hugs to you
    Angel

Margo, congratulations on
    Margo, congratulations on getting through your first treatment. Sounds like you were on vacation....but we all know better. Check in with us to let us all know how you are doing for the next few days. Sending good thoughts to you, hoping that each day will bring you strength. Before you know it you will be finished with all of this. Don't forget to drink plenty of water to get that stuff out of your system. Hugs. Judy