Can Someone Please Explain PREVIEW

Different Ballgame
Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am new - one week. Last week I read the discussion board of a new person to cancer who was so fearful and lost. My heart went out to her. I spent at least 30 minutes formatting my response to her. Instead of hitting the SUBMIT button, I hit the PREVIEW button because I thought I could preview what I wrote before I posted it. I ended up losing what I wrote. You have no idea how upset I got. I felt drained. To be precise and articulate when writing takes effort and thought, not to mention time.

I tried to find her the next day, but I was not successful, probably because I did not fully understand the makeup of the discussion board. I was very sad that I could not find her. Everyday I search for her a little while. I work full time, so I don't have a lot of time to be on this site.

Why do they have the Preview Button? I will never hit that button again!

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Hmm It shouldn't have done
    Hmm It shouldn't have done that...I'm going to do a test now and see.....

Nope Mine poped up for me to edit as intended...but I have lost posts before...sometimes the site just screws up...it is frustrating when you've spent time writing to someone...but play around with it with short posts to see what happens.
    Cheers
    Dee
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    I hate it when that happens!
    But I don't think it's actually the Preview button that does it. I've noticed that when I take a long time to compose a response there seems to be a higher chance of it going POOF.

One solutionis, if you think it might take a while to say everything you want to say, you can do your writing in another program like Word and then copy and paste when you're done.

Good luck, and I hope you will keep posting!

Cindy
  • helen e
    helen e Member Posts: 223
    Me too!
    I've had that happen to me a few times. Now I always stop and hit the copy button when it seems like I have a lot to say so I won't have to start over again. What a pain!!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    If I have a long post I copy
    If I have a long post I copy to clipboard so if it gets lost in cyber space I don't have to retype it. Or like someone said to type in Word and paste in. If you do it that way you can also use your Word spellcheck.

Not you. Just happens sometimes.
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Thank You For All Your Suggestions
    Thank you for all your suggestions. I will make sure I copy what I write. Cut and Paste is a good feature and I will use it.

Janelle
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Welcome
    I understand your frustration. I've lost long and heart-felt messages to sisters on this site, too. It is so dishearening when you have poured out your soul and there is nothing to show for it. I would suggest doing what others have suggested and either cutting and pasting from word or copying the message before you hit "Post comment" or "Preview comment." You don't necessarily need to preview, however. I usually send and then edit if I find typos. Who is the woman you were reaching out to? I would like to write her, too.

Mimi