Second chemo down and gained 6 pounds since yesterday?

rrogers34
rrogers34 Member Posts: 135
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Yesterday I had my second Chemo treatment. Carbo, Taxotere and Herc. Weighed 154. Went in today for my neulasta shot and had gained 6 lbs? Is that normal? Everything else went great. I am at work today, drinking a ton of water. Hoping I can finish the week out and rest on the weekend. Trying not to miss much work. 2 down and 4 to go. My Dr was amazed that I had not lost any hair yet. Hope everyone is doing well. God Bless

Comments

• LadyParvati
    LadyParvati Member Posts: 328
    I don't know about the weight gain . . .
    are you watching them when they weigh you? Maybe someone made a mistake? Are you retaining fluids? Ankles swollen? I'm thinking--but could be wrong--that only fluid retention would be able to cause a 6-pound weight gain in 24 hours. Have they checked your blood pressure? The stress of having cancer and having chemo could be interacting negatively with your blood pressure. Anyway, those are just my thoughts, and as I said, I could be wrong.

I didn't really begin _losing_ hair until after the second treatment. I had my second treatment last Tuesday, and over this past weekend, it really started to fall out. So I'd say about 19-20 days, not precisely two weeks for sure!

I'm 2 down and 6 to go, or 2 down 2 to go, then another course of treatment, whichever way I want to look at it. I prefer to say the latter--that makes me halfway through the first course of treatment! Hooray! I'll face the next course of chemo when I have to.

Hugs! Sandy
  • shortscake
    shortscake Member Posts: 228
    happy chemo is going well
    I am happy that chemo is going well for you, i am on my 2nd round of chemo have to do 3 total and i have not had any problems other then i now have no hair but i am cool with that also. i have found that it depends on what i wear when they weigh me i can gain or lose a few pounds depend on what i have on, when i go for chemo treatment i try to wear the same thing that way i know if my weight is right or not.might want to give that a try.girl power
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Did they use the same scale?
    Did they use the same scale? It's possible that the scales are calibrated differently - one "off" and the other "right on" if different scales were used.
  • cindycflynn
    cindycflynn Member Posts: 1,132 Member
    I wouldn't worry about it
    Your weight can definitely fluctuate from day to day, although 6 pounds does seem like a lot.

I wouldn't worry unless you have swelling, in which case I'd call your doctor. It could be mostly water retention and possibly a difference in the calibration of the scale.

You're almost halfway through - that's terrific!

I'm going in for my 3rd of 4 this afternoon - only one more after today Whohoo!!

Take care,
    Cindy
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

I wouldn't worry about it
    Your weight can definitely fluctuate from day to day, although 6 pounds does seem like a lot.

I wouldn't worry unless you have swelling, in which case I'd call your doctor. It could be mostly water retention and possibly a difference in the calibration of the scale.

You're almost halfway through - that's terrific!

I'm going in for my 3rd of 4 this afternoon - only one more after today Whohoo!!

Take care,
    Cindy

I gained 4 pounds in one
    I gained 4 pounds in one day. i always get extra fluid. In fact I finished last week but will get extra fluid tomorrow. I retain fluid and I happened to eat something salty. by the next week I was back to normal.