Life Insurance after dx

lauraholden
lauraholden Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Does anyone know of an insurance company that offers life insurance to survivors? I was told by a very well know insurance company last week that they would not sell my life insurance till I was 15 years from dx. That is a crock!

Comments

• Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Laura
    Hello & Welcome,
    When I tried to acquire life insurance, I was told I had to be Cancer free for 2 years before I could get coverage. 15 years is ridiculous! I'm sorry, but I do not recall what company it was. I used SelectQuote.com and IntelliQuote.com for a list of companies, then narrowed it down by the price. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm sure someone who may know more will post soon.
    Cathy
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Cat64 said:

Laura
    Hello & Welcome,
    When I tried to acquire life insurance, I was told I had to be Cancer free for 2 years before I could get coverage. 15 years is ridiculous! I'm sorry, but I do not recall what company it was. I used SelectQuote.com and IntelliQuote.com for a list of companies, then narrowed it down by the price. Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm sure someone who may know more will post soon.
    Cathy

Laura Welcome
    was it through your employer or privet. I am sorry, 15 years sounds crazy. Do you have small children or other dependents? Why do you need a life insurance?
    New Flower
  • jamiegww
    jamiegww Member Posts: 384
    Life insurance after dx
    If you are 50 or older you can get up to $15,000 life insurance through AARP regardless of medical condition but benefits are limited the first two years.
  • lauraholden
    lauraholden Member Posts: 2

Laura Welcome
    was it through your employer or privet. I am sorry, 15 years sounds crazy. Do you have small children or other dependents? Why do you need a life insurance?
    New Flower

Life Insurance
    It was through a private company. I have 3 children and would like to make sure they would be taken care of if anything happens to me. I feel sometimes like I am running a race trying to get insurance before something else shows up.