I've got my arm back!!!!! Dancing!!!!

KathiM
KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
The cast came off today, I'm a bit sore, but started exercises to get the arm back...wow! in only a 10-day period, I lost strength!!!

But, it's VERY cold here again... -3 celcius (26.6F) was the HIGH today!! There was snow on Saturday night. It sent this southern California gal scrambling for the longjohns!!!! I am also on 'ice watch'...for skating, that is (what? did you think that a bit of gypsum would keep me from the ice????).

Hugs to all....Kathi

Comments

• padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Hi Kathi
    I'm so glad you got your arm back - HAPPY SKATING!!!!
    Hugs - Pat
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    padee6339 said:

Hi Kathi
    I'm so glad you got your arm back - HAPPY SKATING!!!!
    Hugs - Pat

glad you are better.
    watch the ice enjoy!

:0) teresa
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Kathi,
    Glad the arm is

Kathi,
    Glad the arm is mended. Didn't someone say something about bubble wrap? Just wrap up and skate away. It will not only be protective with falls, it will make sounds if you fall, and it is insulation for the cold. Yes, just get a bubble wrap snow suit with hood (protect the head) and you will be good to go. You will look a little like either Poppin Fresh or the Michelin man but maybe you could sell advertising space to them and make this an economic windfall as well. Have fun and do be careful.
    Stef
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Arm-Free!
    Glad to hear you were able to get that cast off, Kathi. Sounds like you better keep those longjohns on for awhile, though.

Keep on skating! Hello to Hans!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    fauxma said:

Kathi,
    Glad the arm is

Kathi,
    Glad the arm is mended. Didn't someone say something about bubble wrap? Just wrap up and skate away. It will not only be protective with falls, it will make sounds if you fall, and it is insulation for the cold. Yes, just get a bubble wrap snow suit with hood (protect the head) and you will be good to go. You will look a little like either Poppin Fresh or the Michelin man but maybe you could sell advertising space to them and make this an economic windfall as well. Have fun and do be careful.
    Stef

Happy, happy...joy, joy!!
    Stef....you crack me up!
    Kathi...bubble wrap would be fun!! I may resort to it myself!! LOL
    Take care of that arm!
    Pammy
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Wow
    you are incredible, right back on the ice, hunh?

Enjoy and be safe.

Ayse
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    aysemari said:

Wow
    you are incredible, right back on the ice, hunh?

Enjoy and be safe.

Ayse

Glad you feel better
    and your arm is doing well. Speedy healing .
    New Flower
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Glad to hear you're back in
    Glad to hear you're back in motion. I like Stef's suggestion of the bubble wrap suit. That would definately be a hit with the kids. You guys may be on to something here.