Goodbye to my friend Karyn, butterfly23

KerriL
KerriL Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Karyn passed away this morning surrounded by her husband and family. I know you all and these boards helped her so much during the last two years.
Keep her family in your prayers.
Love you Karyn...
Kerri

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    I am so sorry.

I am so sorry.
  • lcarper2
    lcarper2 Member Posts: 635 Member
    AnneCan said:

I am so sorry.

I am so sorry.

so sorry
    to hear you lost your friend will pray for you and her family
  • JDuke
    JDuke Member Posts: 438
    lcarper2 said:

so sorry
    to hear you lost your friend will pray for you and her family

January
    has been a heartbreaking month. I am so very sorry for your loss. Prayers of comfort for you and for Karyn's family.
    Respectfully,
    Joanne
  • heatherstar70
    heatherstar70 Member Posts: 39
    heartbroken
    i am so sad to hear this news.. she wrote me after my mom died and i shared a poem with her that i read at my mothers funeral.. she reminded me of my mother she was so nice to me.. my heart is saddened by the lose of her.. my thoughts and prayers are with you and her family and friends..

Heather

thank you for passing on this news to us
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    NO !!!
    OMGoodness, I'm in shock, utter shock!

What a beautiful spirit and she was so kind and wonderful and full of spirit!

This is all too much - but it reminds us of how real this deadly disease is and what's it's capable of doing.

I'm just going to pray for her family and think of the good memories that she and I exchanged in the short time that I knew her.

It's just so upsetting, but I want to thank you so much, Kerri, for letting us know about Karyn - she will be missed here for sure, but our loss cannot be compared to her family's so my thoughts are for healing for them during this time of grief.

Bye, Karen :) I'm going to miss your infectious personality and bubbling spirit!

-Craig
  • dianetavegia
    dianetavegia Member Posts: 1,942 Member
    This is just heartbreaking.
    This is just heartbreaking. Beyond words.
  • heatherstar70
    heatherstar70 Member Posts: 39
    poem for butterfly23 and her response
    One tiny butterfly shows what it means
    to have enduring courage and dignity,
    so that even when the wind takes it in an unknown direction
    it flies,
    staying strong, staying brave.
    One tiny butterfly lifts itself up with the light
    deep inside its soul,
    rising on wings of hope for a safe and renewing journey...
    Your like that butterfly, brave and beautiful.
    I know your courageous spirit will carry you through this
    just like it has carried you so many times before.
    And i also know I'm here for you,
    to offer you friendship and comfort and support,
    so you'll soon have the strength you need
    to soar once more...

send you hugs
    Heather
    reply | Report as Offensive
    butterfly23's picture
    butterfly23remove from friends list

October 1, 2009 - 1:26pm
    butterfly23

Heather, thank-you for the poem of the butterfly. When I first started my cancer journey, someone had said I reminded them of a butterfly, I had no idea what they meant. I guess when a butterfly is in its ca****, and is ready to be born, they flap their delicate wings until they break through the ca****. And I believe that is what we all here are doing with this disease. We are trying so hard to break through to live. When i am finished with my treatments and it is o.k. I am getting a beautiful, colorful tattoo of a butterfly. I will pray for you and hope your days will get easier with time. Remember all the wonderful memories of your mom! We are all here for you!
    Hugs!
    Karyn
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Kerri
    So sorry to hear this news. Her family and you will be in my prayers. I remember reading about her first sign was a lump in her neck. Damn cancer!
  • lmliess
    lmliess Member Posts: 329
    Paula G. said:

Kerri
    So sorry to hear this news. Her family and you will be in my prayers. I remember reading about her first sign was a lump in her neck. Damn cancer!

I am so sorry
    I hate this disease and she and her family are in my prayers.
  • AceSFO
    AceSFO Member Posts: 229
    shocked and heart-broken
    Oh. oh. oh. I am so saddened. She has been on my mind so much lately and I had no idea it had advanced this far. Such a wonderful spirit. My heart goes out to her husband - I wish he could read some of these things that are being posted here, but I don't think he was on the board much.
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Oh, no
    Thank you for letting us know this sad news. We've taken quite a hit in this room lately. I'm so sorry to hear about her passing.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • k1
    k1 Member Posts: 220 Member
    Butterfly23, my schnauzer friend
    I'm devastated to hear this news. I had only recently befriended Karyn after admiring the photo of her mini schnauzer (mine is my alter ego too). My symptathy to her loved ones as well as her canine "child" because I know how much dogs miss their loved ones when they pass too. Godspeed Karyn.

K1
  • HollyID
    HollyID Member Posts: 946 Member
    I am so sorry.

I am so sorry.
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Oh No!
    I have been thinking of her daily since her post at Christmas. Again it seems so sudden!

Rob; in Vancouver
  • snommintj
    snommintj Member Posts: 601
    robinvan said:

Oh No!
    I have been thinking of her daily since her post at Christmas. Again it seems so sudden!

Rob; in Vancouver

RIP
    We were diagnosed 2 weeks apart. Every time we talked she seemed to be in really good spirits and doing well. I didn't know she was doing poorly. I guess we all need to stay diligent and check on each other from time to time. She will be missed.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Oh no!
    Thank you, Kerri, for letting us know. I felt just sick hearing this news about Karyn.
    May God receive Karyn the butterfly into His kingdom where she is now in a better place.
    It's just so heartbreaking, though, to know she left her grieving family behind.
    When will this stop?! Lord help us all.

Lisa
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Karyn
    Karyn will be missed. Such a beautiful woman inside and out. Karyn had such a strong but gentle spirit. I am saying prayers for her husband, family and friends.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    I'm sending warm hugs...
    to all who knew her....

She will be definately missed.

Thank you for letting us know.

Hugs, Kathi
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    So sorry
    My prayers are with you and her family at this difficult time.
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry
    So very sorry to hear of her passing. My prayers and thoughts to her family.

Kim