???? about my expanders

Options
AmandaMarie29
AmandaMarie29 Member Posts: 55
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok so I just had my first expander fill today...not too much discomfort at all. However I do have a question that I should have asked my surgeon...Are my boobs suppose to be under my chin? They are up soooo high! I am just wondering if after it is all said and done and I have them swapped for silicon...will they still be as high up? Silly question but I was just wondering. Thank You

Mandi

Comments

• Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    Options
    Your Expanders
    No, your boobs are not suppose to be under your chin. Before you go any further, tell them that you want to see the doctor on your next visit and have him look at the placement of your expanders.
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Options

Your Expanders
    No, your boobs are not suppose to be under your chin. Before you go any further, tell them that you want to see the doctor on your next visit and have him look at the placement of your expanders.

my boobs are the same
    I am finished with my fills & mine sound just like yours. I can't have the implant surgery until after chemo. However, I meet with my PS next week & I totally trust him...he is an amazing plastic surgeon who specalizes in reconstruction & I have a feeling he is going to tell me that is the way they look until I get the silicone. My boobs are spread out on my chest instead of poking out...it's strange. I will post the outcome...please do the same.
  • AmandaMarie29
    AmandaMarie29 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Tinabug said:

my boobs are the same
    I am finished with my fills & mine sound just like yours. I can't have the implant surgery until after chemo. However, I meet with my PS next week & I totally trust him...he is an amazing plastic surgeon who specalizes in reconstruction & I have a feeling he is going to tell me that is the way they look until I get the silicone. My boobs are spread out on my chest instead of poking out...it's strange. I will post the outcome...please do the same.

Thank you ladies for your
    Thank you ladies for your thoughts. I also trust my surgeon completely Tinabug. One of his assistants did tell me before he started to fill not to worry about what they look like during the expansion process. He said they will be completely different when he does the swap. But, my goodness they sure are high up there and kinda out there too. I am going to ask him and I will post my outcome also...I will be looking for your post :)

Mandi
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Options
    Sports bra
    My ps told me to wear a sports bra at all times except for in the shower. I didn't wear one a few days before my last fill & the nurse immediately knew it. She explained that a good sports bra helps with shaping the new breast. She was right, because I can definitely tell a difference.