8 weeks done with chemo and all my eyelashes are now falling out

pgrace35
pgrace35 Member Posts: 122
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Has anyone else had this happen...it's so discouraging, my hair is coming back in now my lashes fall out?

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Mine fell out post chemo
    Mine fell out post chemo too. I think this is pretty common. But the good news is that they grow back fast. About 3 weeks for mine.So don't despair...just wear lots of eyeliner
    for awhile.
    Dee
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

Mine fell out post chemo
    Mine fell out post chemo too. I think this is pretty common. But the good news is that they grow back fast. About 3 weeks for mine.So don't despair...just wear lots of eyeliner
    for awhile.
    Dee

Lot's of eyeliner. Mine fell
    Lot's of eyeliner. Mine fell out after chemo as well. They are just coming in now and I have been done with chemo since late November.
  • pgrace35
    pgrace35 Member Posts: 122
    Kat11 said:

Lot's of eyeliner. Mine fell out after chemo as well. They are just coming in now and I have been done with chemo since late November.

Thanks Ladies
    I feel better, thinking this is never going to end, this hairloss thing.
  • austinsmom
    austinsmom Member Posts: 22
    Kat11 said:

lashes
    My lashes came out every 4 monthes, but less and less. I have been done with Taxol for a year and half and my top lashes on the inside just came out again. Good luck. JJ
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Me too
    Yes my eyes are itchy and the lashes are still coming out 3 months post Chemo. I just figured the ones that didn't fall out during chemo are letting loose now making room for the new ones! That's good news about the hair! Before ya know it you'll be back to your hairy old self again. :-)
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    Yep...
    Same thing happened to me. They started falling out in November but am happy to report that they are growing in very nicely! And as someone said, if you line your eyes, you really can't tell. We all notice much more about ourselves than other people do!
  • Sharon40
    Sharon40 Member Posts: 93
    same here
    My chemo doctor told me at our last meeting that things would get worse before they got better! I didn't know he meant my eye lashes and eye brows were going to fall out!! I had been so proud because I didn't loose them! Ha, Ha on me! They are now starting to grow back, but it is a slow process! Good luck to you!
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
    Eyelashes
    So I am not alone on this one.Its been three months since Chemo and I was putting my mascara on and I had very few eyelashes left.I read that we have 3 layers of eyelashes.It is like all the outer ones came out.So I had thick little stubs for lashes.it was very strange. Pat.
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Nuts
    I thought mine would be staying on. I'm a week done with chemo and still have half of my brows and lashes. I just want hair again.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I'm in the same boat. I
    I'm in the same boat. I finished chemo on 10/15 and didn't lose eyelashes and eyebrows until 2 months later. I never lost all my eyebrows....I looked like I had a 5 o'clock shadow. I did lose most of my eyelashes. They are both growing back in and my eyebrows are already in. My eyelashes are coming back but are little stubby lashes right now. I didn't know we had 3 layers of lashes, that's interesting. My hair is probably 3/4 - 1 inch long. I'm asked my onco when I saw her last week if I could color my hair and she said "yes". So, I'm going to see my hairdresser and ask her for her opinion on a good timeframe for this. FYI, my hair grew back in straight just like it always was. Laurissa, you will have hair again, just give it some time.