New hair question

Kat11
Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok so my hair is coming in and I was told by a hair dresser to shave my head again right now so my hair will come in even. Did anyone do this or will it even out or what. I don't think I could bring myself to do this again.
Kathy

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I didn't shave my head
    I didn't shave my head again. I let it grow till it was long enough to cut some off to even it out. It was growing out curly anyway so I just waited.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Kathy
    I did it two times. They will be much better and your original color. Do not be afraid, your hair will grow back fast and nice.
    New Flower
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003

Kathy
    I did it two times. They will be much better and your original color. Do not be afraid, your hair will grow back fast and nice.
    New Flower

Yikes, i wouldn't shave my
    Yikes, i wouldn't shave my hair again. My hair came back thick and curly, then i got it trimmed. just wait until it grows back in. I used those cotton headbands to get me through. You can find them at Clairs for $2.50. Try that first.
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Kathy
    Happy to hear your getting your hair back! I have been debating the same thing. I don't really want to shave it again either, so I figure I will just let it grow for now, if at some point it needs to be evened out, I'll get a cut/trim then. I'd say whatever you feel the most comfortable with!
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Cat64 said:

Kathy
    Happy to hear your getting your hair back! I have been debating the same thing. I don't really want to shave it again either, so I figure I will just let it grow for now, if at some point it needs to be evened out, I'll get a cut/trim then. I'd say whatever you feel the most comfortable with!
    Hugz,
    Cathy

hair
    i shave my head only one time my hair came back in nice.i took my wig off my hair was maybe 1/4 in long
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    ladybug22 said:

hair
    i shave my head only one time my hair came back in nice.i took my wig off my hair was maybe 1/4 in long

shave
    I continued to shave my head until I noticed hair growing in on the side which was baby soft then I didn't shave again and mine came in all the same length. When my hair fell out there was some on the top that kept growing and was still stiff so I shaved it. And then when everything started to come in it was all soft even the hair on the top of my head.

It is a personal choice.

Margo
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member

shave
    I continued to shave my head until I noticed hair growing in on the side which was baby soft then I didn't shave again and mine came in all the same length. When my hair fell out there was some on the top that kept growing and was still stiff so I shaved it. And then when everything started to come in it was all soft even the hair on the top of my head.

It is a personal choice.

Margo

Like Margo, the hair on the
    Like Margo, the hair on the top of my head was very stiff so I shaved my head twice during chemo but that was it. It all started to come in then because of the bad Taxol reaction I had, my head peeled and it all fell out again. Now it's about 1/2" and baby soft. I'm letting it grow and if I have to have a trim to even it out later fine with me.
  • missymccrobie
    missymccrobie Member Posts: 2
    Sher43009 said:

Like Margo, the hair on the
    Like Margo, the hair on the top of my head was very stiff so I shaved my head twice during chemo but that was it. It all started to come in then because of the bad Taxol reaction I had, my head peeled and it all fell out again. Now it's about 1/2" and baby soft. I'm letting it grow and if I have to have a trim to even it out later fine with me.

Im so glad I found this website
    Finally I can read about other people going through exactally the same thing I am. My hair has just started growing back, although I kinda enjoyed not having to shave my legs!! Just started radiation a week ago, seems to be alot easier than chemo.
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233

Im so glad I found this website
    Finally I can read about other people going through exactally the same thing I am. My hair has just started growing back, although I kinda enjoyed not having to shave my legs!! Just started radiation a week ago, seems to be alot easier than chemo.

My hair
    started comin back as soon as I started chemo....very slowly. So I shaved it twice during treatment. Now that Im done Im letting it go. Seems to be thickening up as time goes on..
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    I Never Shaved
    I never shaved my head and don't intend to. I was stubborn and held onto the little strands around my temples. Now my hair is growing back. It is grey and very curly. I plan to just let it grow. I will trim it if it gets too wild.

Good luck.

P
  • pgrace35
    pgrace35 Member Posts: 122
    I did
    And my hair is coming back in just fine and a bit more evenly, and I think it was because I did shave it. I felt the same way too, didn't want to start over either, but glad I did.
  • pgrace35
    I did
    And my hair is coming back in just fine and a bit more evenly, and I think it was because I did shave it. I felt the same way too, didn't want to start over either, but glad I did.
  • pgrace35
    I did
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    I'm two weeks out from chemo
    I'm two weeks out from chemo and my hair is coming back too....however, i'm scared to death about the top...there are spots on top where there is no hair, yikes, what's that about? does the top come in last? and It's baby fine....to shave or not to shave, I don't know!!
  • Taina
    Taina Member Posts: 166
    i didn't shave mine again
    My hair started growing again 1 month after last chemo tx.
    I thought about shawing the few 1st new hair but didn't do it...
    Now some are longer like others but going to wait to trim it in a month.
    I just hate to cute it since i don't have much....
    I have about 1 inch growth 3 months after last chemo tx.