Seafood Chowder is on

tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Seafood chowder or in Maine they say chowda.
Made with potatoes, onions, haddock(1 pound), lobster(2 at 1 1/4 pounds), baby clams--no necks, jumbo shrimp(about 25 cut in half).

Who's coming up to the chilly state of Maine. Be careful though-we are going to get an ice storm tonight with winds up to 60 mph.

Love to have all of you.

Margo & Jake

Comments

• jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Sounds like just the right
    Sounds like just the right time for chowda. Sounds delicious! Stay warm and safe!

Joyce
  • aztec45
    aztec45 Member Posts: 757
    I Love Chowda
    I love chowda. You definately cannot get that here in the midwest. You know the great state of Maine is one place I have not visited. I shall have to do that sometime but when it is warmer. :)

P
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    YUM!
    Oh I wish I wasn't 3000 miles away, that sounds so very good! Enjoy you chowda :-) and stay safe on those icy roads!

Hugs,

RE
  • Skeezie
    Skeezie Member Posts: 586 Member
    RE said:

YUM!
    Oh I wish I wasn't 3000 miles away, that sounds so very good! Enjoy you chowda :-) and stay safe on those icy roads!

Hugs,

RE

Hi Margo & Jake!
    Where can we park? We love Chowda and we love Maine! We have visited your state five times. We live in Michigan and haven't been there for a few years. The seafood is fabulous, so fresh so good. You wouldn't happen to have that recipe that you'd like to post would you?

Hugs and Yummmm, Judy :-)
  • Skeezie
    RE said:

YUM!

Hugs,

RE

Hi Margo & Jake!
    Where can we park? We love Chowda and we love Maine! We have visited your state five times. We live in Michigan and haven't been there for a few years. The seafood is fabulous, so fresh so good. You wouldn't happen to have that recipe that you'd like to post would you?

• Skeezie
    RE said:

YUM!

Hugs,

RE

Hi Margo & Jake!

• Skeezie
    Skeezie said:

Hi Margo & Jake!

Sorry Everyone,
    As much as I love Maine, I certainly didn't mean to hit the post button three times...I thought it wasn't going thru.

Judy :-)
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    Skeezie said:

Sorry Everyone,
    As much as I love Maine, I certainly didn't mean to hit the post button three times...I thought it wasn't going thru.

Judy :-)

Chowda sounds good, but not
    Chowda sounds good, but not the weather. Be safe, will you be home tomorow and I hope no more roof shoveling. No snow or ice in PA.
  • teresa41
    teresa41 Member Posts: 471
    meena1 said:

Chowda sounds good, but not the weather. Be safe, will you be home tomorow and I hope no more roof shoveling. No snow or ice in PA.

sounds good
    the chowda sounds good enjoy! be careful in the weather!

:0) teresa
  • tommaseena
    meena1 said:

hopefully
    Hopefully Jake has school so I will be going to work.
    Roof is all cleaned off until the next big snow storm which won't be this week-thank God.

We will be careful walking though.
  • tommaseena
    Skeezie said:

Hi Margo & Jake!

I kinda just add stuff.
    I sauteed my onions and then added cubed potatoes with about 2 cups of water and when the potatoes were almost done I added 2 cans of evaporated milk and 2 cups of low fat milk, added haddock, clams, lobster, shrimp and heated on low.

Yummy.
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613

I kinda just add stuff.
    I sauteed my onions and then added cubed potatoes with about 2 cups of water and when the potatoes were almost done I added 2 cans of evaporated milk and 2 cups of low fat milk, added haddock, clams, lobster, shrimp and heated on low.

Yummy.

Even though it's 7:00 in the
    Even though it's 7:00 in the morning, this sounds soooo good!

Joyce
  • xskeetshooter
    xskeetshooter Member Posts: 169
    chowder
    can you please print the whole recipe would be nice to have
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Any Leftovers?
    Oh, Margo, what joy it would have been to share some of your "chowda" with you and Jake.

I am working this week and hardly know what our weather is until I step out the door--hoping the ice storm was mild in Maine and that the winds have lessened. You and Jake stay warm.

Guess I better start paying more attention to the national weather, what with sisters from coast to coast, and north to south!