Implant size

Options
geochick
geochick Member Posts: 18 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
My plastic surgeon keeps asking what size I want to be. My expanders are mostly full. How do you know what cc size corresponds with breast cup size.

I have been so tight the entire expansion that I almost don't care what size I am, just want these foreign objects out.

Anybody identify with me?

Does anyone know what cc amount equals a B cup, C cup, etc?

I have 480cc s currently.
What would that make me?

Comments

• marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you
    I know exactly what you mean. I am so ready for these expanders to come out. I Have 360ccs in left side, 330ccs in right side. I ask the nurse last time. It is very hard to get info out of anybody. She said I was definitely a B cup. I was a full C cup before but I agree at this point I am ready. My left breast was damaged from previous bc radiation and with the new recurrance they took more tissue and deeper. I go in Thurs for next filling and hope she can give me more devinitive answer as to how much longer. My daughter and I want to plan a weekend getaway to celebrate. Hang in there and take care. This too shall pass. Marilyn
  • zoomorphism1965
    zoomorphism1965 Member Posts: 2
    Options

I know exactly what you
    I know exactly what you mean. I am so ready for these expanders to come out. I Have 360ccs in left side, 330ccs in right side. I ask the nurse last time. It is very hard to get info out of anybody. She said I was definitely a B cup. I was a full C cup before but I agree at this point I am ready. My left breast was damaged from previous bc radiation and with the new recurrance they took more tissue and deeper. I go in Thurs for next filling and hope she can give me more devinitive answer as to how much longer. My daughter and I want to plan a weekend getaway to celebrate. Hang in there and take care. This too shall pass. Marilyn

My dr had me get a bra the
    My dr had me get a bra the size I wanted to be and wear it for the weekend, stuffed with socks. I am going from size A almost a B to a size C. I was a C for a couple of years after my son was born so I know how it will be being that size. He had the nurse fill the expander up with fluid to fill the bra cup and measured the fluid. That is the amount he will be putting into it when it gets time to expand me.
  • AmandaMarie29
    AmandaMarie29 Member Posts: 55
    Options
    I'm in the process of being
    I'm in the process of being expanded also. I told my Dr. that I would like to be a "C" cup also, and he said for my size that would be around 450cc. It has to do with your body type, height, weight, all that kind of stuff. I have 180cc in now so I have a ways to go yet...but I can't wait till they are done :)
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options

I'm in the process of being
    I'm in the process of being expanded also. I told my Dr. that I would like to be a "C" cup also, and he said for my size that would be around 450cc. It has to do with your body type, height, weight, all that kind of stuff. I have 180cc in now so I have a ways to go yet...but I can't wait till they are done :)

Mine
    My plastic surgeon told me that once I saw what I liked that I needed to have two more fills(60 cc's each) in each expander. So before I had my exchange my expanders were filled to about 900 cc's. My implants are 700 cc on left and 800 on right--the reason for the difference is because my pec muscle on the right was tighter and the expander always looked smaller.

Don't be shocked at the final outcome. The bras that I have purchased are a 42C or I could wear a 40D. My implants are not huge. It depends on your rib cage whether you are small or large. If someone with a small rib cage had 900 cc's filled then they would be huge and then you take someone with a large rib cage and they don't look that big. Top heavy would be the case if I has a small rib cage but I don't and my breasts are about the same size they were before surgery but they are firmer.

Margo
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    Well sweetie
    I'm pretty big

Well sweetie
    I'm pretty big boobed naturally and I've got 700cc's in my expander. If you're a big girl, they want your boobs to be proportionate. Ditto if you're a small girl.The 700cc' only look like about a large C to me. So you're probably at a large B right now.
  • Tinabug
    Tinabug Member Posts: 158
    Options
    glad you asked
    I am so confused by the cc thing. I was a D before surgery, now I don't have a clue. I'm 500cc's...whatever that means. I put on a normal shirt tonight & they are huge, but in a different way. My husband thinks once the expanders come out & I get my implants they will look fine. Right now, I'm wishing I was an A & it was over with. I start chemo next wk so I have to keep in these uncomfortable expanders til June. Thankfully, my fills have not really hurt as bad as I had expected.

Tina
  • tigger99
    tigger99 Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Tinabug said:

glad you asked
    I am so confused by the cc thing. I was a D before surgery, now I don't have a clue. I'm 500cc's...whatever that means. I put on a normal shirt tonight & they are huge, but in a different way. My husband thinks once the expanders come out & I get my implants they will look fine. Right now, I'm wishing I was an A & it was over with. I start chemo next wk so I have to keep in these uncomfortable expanders til June. Thankfully, my fills have not really hurt as bad as I had expected.

Tina

It's all relative
    I only have 460 cc's in my tissue expander and I'm a large B cup, almost C. But my rib cage is only a 36. Like others said, if you have a larger rib cage and are in general a taller, larger person, you'll need more cc's to make a B or C cup than someone who's 5' tall and weighs 100 pounds.

I didn't have an option to tell my surgeon how many cc's I wanted. He asked how large or small I wanted to be, I told him "the same size I am now" and he used his expertise to complete the process.

You can stop whenever you want, so if you're really ready to be done now, then be done. You are in control, and that's a great feeling after the upheaval of BC, isn't it?

And I'm thrilled to hear that they don't hurt as bad as expected! You go, girl!! ;)
  • Crowynrowyn
    Crowynrowyn Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Implant size
    Boy, it seems that the plastic surgeons don't want us to know a lot about the cc thing. But, I've gone through the expanders and onto the implants. Mine are as expected smaller, because I told him a C cup. I'd been a DD cup prior to breast cancer. Now, I am content with what they have done, even down to the nipples. It really is totally proportional to body size. As the muscles are stretched, which is what the expanders do, it is uncomfortable, downright painful the first couple of days,but then when it is all over, the new boobs are much higher on your chest, perkier is what I was told. But at 61 who wants perky? Now, a year after the bilateral mastectomy, Ilike the perkier boobs. Don't want to do it again, but like the result.
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options

Implant size
    Boy, it seems that the plastic surgeons don't want us to know a lot about the cc thing. But, I've gone through the expanders and onto the implants. Mine are as expected smaller, because I told him a C cup. I'd been a DD cup prior to breast cancer. Now, I am content with what they have done, even down to the nipples. It really is totally proportional to body size. As the muscles are stretched, which is what the expanders do, it is uncomfortable, downright painful the first couple of days,but then when it is all over, the new boobs are much higher on your chest, perkier is what I was told. But at 61 who wants perky? Now, a year after the bilateral mastectomy, Ilike the perkier boobs. Don't want to do it again, but like the result.

Not sure if this helps~here goes..
    ..I am a size 34 C, and my implant has 500cc's of saline. My body shape is what helped determined the amount. Considering I was a natural 34 DD, wow, I welcome the smaller size. My expander had 520cc's before the surgery. I had a unilateral mastectomy.
    Be excited for the new you!!
  • geochick
    Options

Not sure if this helps~here goes..
    ..I am a size 34 C, and my implant has 500cc's of saline. My body shape is what helped determined the amount. Considering I was a natural 34 DD, wow, I welcome the smaller size. My expander had 520cc's before the surgery. I had a unilateral mastectomy.
    Be excited for the new you!!

it does help
    Thanks for your comments, everyone. I am small framed, and am only 34 in the chest. So, maybe I am a big B or small C by now?

Who knows?
    Glad to know that I am not alone in thinking this is confusing!
  • geochick
    Options
    Tinabug said:

glad you asked

Tina

Funny, because sometimes I
    Funny, because sometimes I look big, and other times, not so much. I told PS that I look good enough naked, but not with clothes on. He said, "well do you want to go around naked or should we add some more?" He's a funny guy.