Done with RADS

aztec45
aztec45 Member Posts: 757
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I have officially finished my 33 radiation treatments. I am so very happy. Between working, traveling every day to the treatments, and dealing with the radiation effects (fatigue, pain), there were times when I didn't want to finish. I was tired. RADS are easier than chemo to do by far but my chi-chi is charcoal broiled and deserves a rest.

P

Comments

• pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    So happy for you
    Congratulations and be kind to yourself! You did it!!!
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    pattimc said:

So happy for you
    Congratulations and be kind to yourself! You did it!!!

Celebrate!
    Congrats on finishing rads! So happy for you!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Sher43009
    Sher43009 Member Posts: 602 Member
    susie09 said:

Celebrate!
    Congrats on finishing rads! So happy for you!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Welcome to the "Grads of
    Welcome to the "Grads of Rads" group!
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Celebrating with you!!!
    Celebrating with you!!! Congratulations on finishing rads... It is no easy feat, but you did it!! Doing happy dance for you!

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    taleena said:

Celebrating with you!!!
    Celebrating with you!!! Congratulations on finishing rads... It is no easy feat, but you did it!! Doing happy dance for you!

♥ & hugs,

~T

Congrats! Finishing rads is
    Congrats! Finishing rads is a great big step! And, you did it!

Megan
  • aztec45
    Thank You
    I am very happy to be a Grad RAD. :)
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    aztec45 said:

Thank You
    I am very happy to be a Grad RAD. :)

Aztec,
    To you and all the

Aztec,

To you and all the other recent grads of both rads and chemo, I say hooray. It's good to be through with part or all of our treatment. I am very happy for you and all the others as well.
    Stef
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Congrats
    on finishing Rads! That deserves some sort of celebration!
    Yes-let the Chi-Chi rest! :-)
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • jbug
    jbug Member Posts: 285
    Congrats rad grad!
    Feels so good to be done, doesn't it?! i can certainly relate to the charbroiled chi chi! Celebrate!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    jbug said:

Congrats rad grad!
    Feels so good to be done, doesn't it?! i can certainly relate to the charbroiled chi chi! Celebrate!

Congratulations on being
    Congratulations on being done!

Sue :)
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    broiled chi-chi's
    Yabba dabba doo, good for you and congrats. Finished mine 3 wks ago, and chi-chi still looks a little sad. She's getting better. Lots of silvadene and creams in between! You deserve a rest too. Take naps! Gayla
  • aztec45
    Thank You
    Thanks, Gang. It does feel good to complete a phase of training. I went out to eat Chinese food. I had not done that since being on the hard chemo drugs. My tummy could not take it. Oh it was sooooo good. I was afraid I would lose a taste for it since I got sick the last time I ate it.

Found out I will be on Herceptin along with my Avastin. How is it to be on Herceptin? I am worried about the side effects.

It is a beautiful sunny day. Kind of boosts your spirits.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Congratulations!!
    I'm a little late but "better late than never". Glad to read you're a member of the RAD Grad Club! It really is great to be done. Continue to use your creams and congrats!!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Congratulations!
    HUGE accomplishment! Happy for you!

Kind regards, Susan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    aztec45 said:

Thank You
    Thanks, Gang. It does feel good to complete a phase of training. I went out to eat Chinese food. I had not done that since being on the hard chemo drugs. My tummy could not take it. Oh it was sooooo good. I was afraid I would lose a taste for it since I got sick the last time I ate it.

Found out I will be on Herceptin along with my Avastin. How is it to be on Herceptin? I am worried about the side effects.

It is a beautiful sunny day. Kind of boosts your spirits.

So happy that you got to go
    So happy that you got to go out and celebrate! I don't know about Herceptin. Many here have been on it. Good luck!
  • Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    susie09 said:

So happy that you got to go
    So happy that you got to go out and celebrate! I don't know about Herceptin. Many here have been on it. Good luck!

♥ This calls for a huge celebration ♥

Congratulations!</♥</font>

Love, Jeanne ♥</♥</font>
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHH
    Congrats........it's a wonderful feeling isn't it? After such a long journey.....
    Continue to rest as much as possible.......as you are still "cooking" for a couple of weeks.....again, so very happy for you!
  • aztec45
    MAJW said:

YEAHHHHHHHHHHH
    Congrats........it's a wonderful feeling isn't it? After such a long journey.....
    Continue to rest as much as possible.......as you are still "cooking" for a couple of weeks.....again, so very happy for you!

Thank You All
    It does feel good to get some part of the treatments behind you. And you are right. I did not think my chi-chi could get any darker. Who cares. I am done. Pass the cream please.

P